Melbourne Football

Jonatan Germano

Red or Dead

Did Germano get so much as a minute in Abu Dhabi?

There's a pic of him visiting the City Schools - he looks overweight to me.

Surely he's testing the patience of the coaching staff by now?

He deserves a break.

Playing 2 games in a row is very tiring for Germano. 

It isn't the playing that's tiring for him, he's good at that, it's the 6 months of recovery and rehab between those 2 games that is tiring.

He deserves a break.

It isn't the playing that's tiring for him, he's good at that, it's the 6 months of recovery and rehab between those 2 games that is tiring.

He plays and recovers like he's running marathons, just can't continue to carry a visa spot without any long term future. Just gota go unfortunately.

He deserves a break.

He plays and recovers like he's running marathons, just can't continue to carry a visa spot without any long term future. Just gota go unfortunately.

Lay off. He's just proving that wheelie bins full of ice are just as good for recovery as anything else on the market for a fraction of the price. Huge wheelie bin promotion contract coming his way - no rubbish.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah! Time to go.. The club should have terminated his contract in January..

Another bad decision by the club to keep him on.. For me this fuck up is down to JD... If he does his job and finds a player we can actually use then Germano would have been gone months ago..

I would even call this guy injury pron.. Basically his not built for the Sport..

Another bad decision by the club to keep him on.. For me this fuck up is down to JD... If he does his job and finds a player we can actually use then Germano would have been gone months ago..

I would even call this guy injury pron.. Basically his not built for the Sport..

Despite what Tinkler and Andrews think, terminating legally binding contracts is not particularly easy. Can't imagine too many clubs keen to take johnny whilst injured, so off loading him was always going to be difficult.

In short we are stuck with using him to train our medical department to treat all known injuries.

• Like 1

My gut feel is that we did try to move him on in the January window, as per the rumour, but were unsuccessful at doing so. We cannot unilaterally terminate him as long as he continues to meet his contract requirements, and he's doing that. So we are stuck with him until the end of his contract. 

Despite what Tinkler and Andrews think, terminating legally binding contracts is not particularly easy. Can't imagine too many clubs keen to take johnny whilst injured, so off loading him was always going to be difficult.

In short we are stuck with using him to train our medical department to treat all known injuries.

You fucking freeze them out like Poppa did.

Germano's doing a great job of that himself...

Lol wouldn't matter with Germano, as he is never fit enough to be frozen out!!

Lol wouldn't matter with Germano, as he is never fit enough to be frozen out!!

Well thats where he has the club over a barrel, LOL.

Let's assume that he is injured, then the question is why wasn't he put on the long term injury list prior to the transfer window and a new player brought in? Germano is a visa player so therefore the club could have searched O/S for a player. The alternative is that he is not injured and is being frozen out but the club keeps reporting him as being injured.

Whole thing doesn't make sense, they say he's injured but trains in the derby warm up, plays 45 mins the next day in the youth derby, fly him over to nz just to do another warm up and gym workout the day after

You do realise that you dont go from not being able to play due to injury, to being match ready at the click of a finger right?

Anyway, it has been rather obvious for a while germano's body cant hold up to the intensity of playing professionally which is a shame. If the club is keeping him on to at least get him right for state league where he can earn good money on the side and stay in Australia then good on the club.

The thing is he hasn't even been named on the injury list for the last month. He played before the January transfer period and then didn't play a game overseas and hasn't been near the team sheet since. Every other player has an estimated period of time before they return to playing. Yet he doesn't.

The thing is he hasn't even been named on the injury list for the last month. He played before the January transfer period and then didn't play a game overseas and hasn't been near the team sheet since. Every other player has an estimated period of time before they return to playing. Yet he doesn't.

Take no notice of those squad lists. IIRC neither Mauk nor Marino are named on them either.

Whole thing doesn't make sense, they say he's injured but trains in the derby warm up, plays 45 mins the next day in the youth derby, fly him over to nz just to do another warm up and gym workout the day after

You do realise that you dont go from not being able to play due to injury, to being match ready at the click of a finger right?

Anyway, it has been rather obvious for a while germano's body cant hold up to the intensity of playing professionally which is a shame. If the club is keeping him on to at least get him right for state league where he can earn good money on the side and stay in Australia then good on the club.

how many clubs bring a player along though just to do a warm up and gym work, you'd think they'd just let him recover in melbourne, team has boarded the plane (direct) now but couldn't get everyone on so about 3 or 4 staff and germano are going on the same flight as me (sydney->melbourne)

i'm probly looking to far into it but it does seem like they're making it as hard as possible for germano

They need the 3-4 staff with him just in case he breaks down on the way home...

But seriously, overt "freezing out", such as Gelong did with Bru, is classified as harrassment or bullying by the PFA, and I doubt the club wants to be seen as guilty of that.

Periodically clubs get caught with a player such as Germano. Isn't there (wasn't there?) a player at Chelsea on a 5-year contract at some incredibly high wage who turned out to be a dud, but couldn't be sacked because he does/did everything right according to his contract, such as always being on time for training etc. etc.? Can't recall the name.

But seriously, overt "freezing out", such as Gelong did with Bru, is classified as harrassment or bullying by the PFA, and I doubt the club wants to be seen as guilty of that.

Periodically clubs get caught with a player such as Germano. Isn't there (wasn't there?) a player at Chelsea on a 5-year contract at some incredibly high wage who turned out to be a dud, but couldn't be sacked because he does/did everything right according to his contract, such as always being on time for training etc. etc.? Can't recall the name.

malouda is the player i think, had to train with reserves

just wish the club would say what's happening cause it's frustrating

I've remembered - it was Winston Bogarde.

I've remembered - it was Winston Bogarde.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

Fuck I would not be surprised if this is exactly what is happening with Germano. Makes it worse too that he's in a salary capped league with limited international spots

Got put in keeper for the last couple of minutes for the youth team today. Didn't see the game but I'm assuming he's already better than Redmayne

@MelbourneCity: 90+ | SAVE! The eventuating set piece is headed on to the post as Germano saves the follow up. 2-0. #FNYL

Yep, he's definitely better than Redmayne!