Melbourne Football

Jonatan Germano

Red or Dead

still responsible for the best goal celebration in a-league history

Yes, he is. And that's the way I'd personally prefer to remember him, not as an injury-plagued list-clogger. The stats show he's played just 64 "senior" matches in 7 seasons as a professional footballer, and that just isn't enough.

All of our players are good blokes, so the club is right to do the right thing by them by giving them every chance to get on to the field. But when you have the FFA-imposed caps as we do, you can't afford to carry players for ever. He's 26 and we would be foolish to continue his contract.

What's a shame with him too is that, I'm pretty sure, he'd be able to apply for citizenship next season which would mean he'd no longer be classified as a VISA player.

If he could just get his body right he'd be an awesome player to have without taking up a VISA spot. Doesn't seem likely though

Yep enough is enough, it's time for him to go.

He'll be kept on to act as a translator for David Villa then hopefully gone in Jan

Just employ a translator ffs, free up a visa spot and be done with it. 

What date was his last match ? From what I recall he hasn't played at all in the preseason. 

Did he do a knee??? 

• 3 weeks later...

Jonatan walked past me yesterday after the game and I asked him when we'll see him play and he said, "hopefully next week, if the coach selects me".

I'd automatically play Germano ahead of these players:

Hoffman

Murdocca

Retre

Archibald

I'd like to say Ramsay too, but haven't seen Germano play at Left Back.

• Like 1

Jonatan walked past me yesterday after the game and I asked him when we'll see him play and he said, "hopefully next week, if the coach selects me".

Hoffman

Murdocca

Retre

Archibald

there is a first time for ever thing :)

Hoffman

Murdocca

Retre

Archibald

True, he'd probably better than Ramsay regardless of being a right footer and not having played at left back before! Lol

• Like 1

Hoffman

Murdocca

Retre

Archibald

True, he'd probably better than Ramsay regardless of being a right footer and not having played at left back before! Lol

I cant re,meber, but was he originally brought in to replace Aziz or Maroni?

Either way, Ramsey is as useful as a 90 year old Thai prostitute with arthritis in her knees and jaw.

• Like 1

Would prefer to see Jonny start at left back to be honest and either start Benny at left wing or be on the bench (and ducks), keep Hoff, (weaves),at right (sways) back.

I know Jonny will be on the wrong side and out of position, but I reckon he could handle it and I actually believe Hoff is a better defender than Benny.

Pretty sure this won't happen though.

At the end of the day his a visa player and he should be playing... I agree he looked over weight and he seems to have lost pace as well. He needs to be sacked as well..

Sacked is such an ugly word for him. Sack Redmayne, Hoffman, Ramsay, etc. Release Germano, Wieleart.

I know same result but sacking implies some serious fault on behalf of the player, in Germano's case his body keeps breaking down.