Melbourne Football

Jonatan Germano

Red or Dead

This year we have at least 4 you'd worry about (Kewell, Mehbratu, Kisnorbo & Germano).

Engelaar and Kalmar have both had a significant history with injuries as well.

Dugandzic is also coming off a major injury but it'd be a bit unfair to put him in the injury prone list just yet.

We've also had players like Fred, Skoko, Grella etc.

Time to reasses what kind of players we sign.

• Like 2

This year we have at least 4 you'd worry about (Kewell, Mehbratu, Kisnorbo & Germano).

Engelaar and Kalmar have both had a significant history with injuries as well.

Dugandzic is also coming off a major injury but it'd be a bit unfair to put him in the injury prone list just yet.

We've also had players like Fred, Skoko, Grella etc.

Time to reasses what kind of players we sign.

Has engelaar had a history of injury? I thought he wassnt worst than most other players? Besides I don't think we can put engelaar in this group his current injury was an accident. But, we will see how his body responds with the recovery and the other parts of his leg coping with more strain due to his weaker...fibia? Or was it tibia?

• 2 weeks later...

We need to release Germano.

Love the guy, but FFS after missing 8 matches with a hamstring problem he's now out with a calf injury. If the force of gravity has anything to do with it, should be followed by a foot injury.

Actually, he's not "out" because he's never "in", but you know what I mean.

Love the guy, but FFS after missing 8 matches with a hamstring problem he's now out with a calf injury. If the force of gravity has anything to do with it, should be followed by a foot injury.

His the Kouta of Melbourne Heart.

really!!  Im going to just have to put him down as "broken" in the Injury thread

I assume if we released him we'd need to pay him out?  So the only reason to do that would be to sign another player.  

Looking at our team we desperately need a #10 as back up for Kewell.  Tommy Rogic needs game time and we need a fit classy #10.  When Kewell is available he is versatile enough to slot into where ever, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately this will never happen.

It's been said 100 times, if he or anyone is released it will be to accomodate Migliorini on a full-time deal.

And since Migliorini's 'injury replacement' contract has been extended until the end of January, you might as well keep Germano until the end of Jan...if he doesn't come good by then - bye bye JG.

Did Fred play more games than he was out..? Has GolGol scored more than 3 goals in 30 games as an attacking player? And Ramsay... WTF has he done? Our MidF is the worst in the comp ATM, Murdocca isn't a player who can grab a game and say I'm going to take it on and boss the midF, his a safe ball player. Look man you can say what you like, put JA aside for a sec and look at our results as a club since 2010, fkn pathetic!

• Like 1

Fred, Mebrahtu and Ramsey all rejects? ok.

Fred was a MLS reject by the time he signed for us.

GolGol could barely get a game at Gold Coast, how he got signed by us, then re-signed this season is beyond me.

Ramsey was left unsigned by Adelaide for the whole season while they tied up every other player on there roster. Ramsey is a squad level A-League player at best.

GolGol could barely get a game at Gold Coast, how he got signed by us, then re-signed this season is beyond me.

Ramsey was left unsigned by Adelaide for the whole season while they tied up every other player on there roster. Ramsey is a squad level A-League player at best.

Fred chose to come back to Australia because he wanted to settle his family there, so much so he was going to become an Australian citizen so we wouldn't of had to use a visa spot on him. When healthy he was our best player for the last two seasons.

Gol gol has been battling osteitis pubis all his career with only this season he has been able to string games together. He gets a lot of shit for being lazy, but the bloke to me is just unifit. He's never played so many games in a row. IMO he has been incredibly good off the bench this season.

Ramsey i would sort of agree with, but i think him and aziz could be a really good combo, if only we had a good coach. Thats what it all comes back to unfortuantly.

Fred chose to come back to Australia because he wanted to settle his family there, so much so he was going to become an Australian citizen so we wouldn't of had to use a visa spot on him. When healthy he was our best player for the last two seasons.

Gol gol has been battling osteitis pubis all his career with only this season he has been able to string games together. He gets a lot of shit for being lazy, but the bloke to me is just unifit. He's never played so many games in a row. IMO he has been incredibly good off the bench this season.

Ramsey i would sort of agree with, but i think him and aziz could be a really good combo, if only we had a good coach. Thats what it all comes back to unfortuantly.

Not going to argue on Fred because he was a quality player during his first season with us, that being said, if he was good enough for the MLS he would have stayed there.

Golgol is simply not up to A-League standard, has no consistency whatsoever, really is just a list clogger for us. Has been given countless chances for us and has not improved.

Fred i agree with you....

Gol Gol's club folded and there were other club chasing him but we got in first - how is that a reject?

im fairly certain that Adelaide thought Ramsey was going to China to play, and thats the reason they didnt renew his contract.

• Like 1

Yeah true what was I thinking, Heart don't deal with reject players.

Macallister

Velaphi (victory)

Behich (victory)

Ramsay

Murdocca

Kewell (the circus) (victory)

Mebrahtu

Colosimo

Fred (victory)

Sarkies (victory)

Maycon

Paul Reid

Roganovic (green gully)

Mattei (victory)

Did I forget anyone?

You might be a bit harsh with the use of "reject" but I agree with the thrust of what you say.

How many of our current squad were actually being chased by other clubs? Who can we say that we "stole from under their noses"?

I'm sorry, but if you're more injury prone than Harry Kewell, then you can't expect a football club to retain you (especially if the player in question is not a marquee).

I was real impressed with Germano's first season, and I think he did pretty well last season (after recovering from his injuries). But injury wise he's passed the Harry Kewell threshold, and given that we only play 27 games a season, he has to go.

• 4 weeks later...

I briefly spoke with Germano about a month ago at Donny xmas shopping with his mrs (she's a looker but thats for a different thread eh) 

He told me "the club dont want me anymore"

I wonder if things have changed now that JA is gone, I do like him when fit and my fondest memory - the away game at Brisbane    ( a rare Win away )

Cheers for the update on this youth fixture 

I briefly spoke with Germano about a month ago at Donny xmas shopping with his mrs (she's a looker but thats for a different thread eh) 

I wonder if things have changed now that JA is gone, I do like him when fit and my fondest memory - the away game at Brisbane    ( a rare Win away )

Hopefully JVS has changed that. A fit and firing Germano is in our XI easily.

Hopefully JVS has changed that. A fit and firing Germano is in our XI easily.

The issue is waiting years between these times, would have to play superbly between now and the end of the season to deserve another contract.

If Football Manager is accurate, Germano should be available as a non-Visa come the end of next season. Worth waiting IMO.

In FM, it's set as 4 years of continuously living in Australia to gain nationality, in real life the rules to get permanent residency and citizenship are much more complex, as are the rules to not be considered a visa player. IIRC, a PR doesn't count as a Visa player if they are eligible to eventually represent Australia (after meeting FIFA's 5 year requirement), and since Germano hasn't represented Argentina at any level he would be. So the question is to do with when and if he would be eligible for PR, pretty sure I knew a guy once who got it after 2 years, but I think generally its 3 years or 4 years depending on visa (think it might be 3 in Germano's case).

For immigrants the rule was 5 years continuous residence, then this got whittled down to 2 years and now is 3 years. But if you have studied in Australia you can get it after one year and I know someone who was transferred to Oz to work for one year, liked it so much he applied for PR and was given after he had returned to live O/S. It depends on so many different factors that it may well be possible with a good immigration agent that he could already be eligible for PR.