Melbourne Football

Heavy handed security...

benzema23

...on these forums, closing down threads and deleting posts when it suits them. Why close down the WSW thread? We were not done. What do you guys think about the moderation of this forum?

Moderation is usually pretty good on this forum, i've only ever had one post deleted on this website.

I think mate most people agree last night was a shamble, and we're just trying to move on champ.

If you wish to discuss it your probably better off doing it on your own forum mate, because all you will get on here is abuse.

I think that if we had a little more moderation from some of the posters we would need less moderation from the moderators. We are all disappointed by our shit season but rejoicing in people getting hit is no solution. I'm a moderator on other forums, when a thread starts to go around in circles it's time for it to take a break.

I think that if we had a little more moderation from some of the posters we would need less moderation from the moderators. We are all disappointed by our shit season but rejoicing in people getting hit is no solution. I'm a moderator on other forums, when a thread starts to go around in circles it's time for it to take a break.

Yeah think it ran its course, good move mods.

Perhaps in future e.g next season we could discuss the football on one forum and other aspects of matches on another?

Actually I think that is what we need to discuss, the club management should mediate between yarraside and security

I would suggest that it's in the best interests of everyone that this happen well before next season starts. Draw up a Code of Practice that all parties agree to and then all the individuals involved know what the 'rules' are and the consequences of departing from them.

But move on from yesterday because it does no-one any good to dwell on those events.

This problem with security is not isolated to the Heart. Victory and WSW have had public protests at games regarding this issue, and I do know that the Victory supporter groups have had mediation sessions with Victoria Police regarding game day issues. I know this goes against what many people would think, but supporter groups should be united on the issue of safety and bullying from Police and security firms. I think it would be worthwhile talking to other active groups for advice and, if need be, joining them in liaising with the Police and security firms. Whilst we share a passion for our team, all active groups share a passion for the game and we all would hate the game to suffer due to the stupidity of a few and the inevitable (over zealous) reaction from authority. We don't need to reinvent the wheel - these discussions are already happening.

• Like 1

This problem with security is not isolated to the Heart. Victory and WSW have had public protests at games regarding this issue, and I do know that the Victory supporter groups have had mediation sessions with Victoria Police regarding game day issues. I know this goes against what many people would think, but supporter groups should be united on the issue of safety and bullying from Police and security firms. I think it would be worthwhile talking to other active groups for advice and, if need be, joining them in liaising with the Police and security firms. Whilst we share a passion for our team, all active groups share a passion for the game and we all would hate the game to suffer due to the stupidity of a few and the inevitable (over zealous) reaction from authority. We don't need to reinvent the wheel - these discussions are already happening.

I agree, all supporter groups should unite to educate Police and security about our game and our passion. Once they understand the game and our passion half the problem is solved. The other half involves us: like it or not, flares are just not on, at least at this stage of the game's development. I strongly believe that we do need to self- police, if we are good at doing this then there'll be no need whatsoever for ground security.

Self policing won't work in Yarraside.

If we don't self police, acg and police will always be there.

It needs to be demonstrated that we can 'behave'. Sure, some of the guys will mosh and instantly this is causes the acg to descend. That's unnecessary by security and should let it simmer.

From their point of view they try to "nib it in the bud" which just causes unnecessary ruckus.

The flares, that's another issue (if that's the appropriate term).

I firmly believe if that more of us self-policed and discouraged the chair breakers there would have been a lot less damage.

All for one and one for all

Fascism, fascism everywhere. :(

half the cunts on this forum have outright fascist avatars, fuck your stupid club.

Rofl.

Gotta love the irony of WSW fans calling us out as fascists when their entire active support was founded by a bunch of anti-semites who left Sydney FC because they couldn't stand the jewish connections of that club.

Doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't be aware of that though, you probably only got onto WSW bandwagon 2 weeks ago in gosford like the other half of your fanbase :droy: :droy: :droy:

Edited by FB.

Getting an Active membership may not be as easy next season...

Could go either way.

If they want to get rid of atmosphere sponges, then I'm all for it.

But if they want to to get rid of the independent thought of our active support, then I'd hazard the changes are not gonna go down too well.

Edited by FB.

Getting an Active membership may not be as easy next season...

Getting supporters to games may not be as easy next season....

If the club blames & punishes their fans, all hell will break loose. I simply won't attend games even though I'm not involved if this club blames the ruckus on Yarraside members.

For how long has complaints been made against ACG, the club did nothing. I was there, I saw the crap, it's the fault of ACG.

The club better back their supporters on this. Would also be good if our own supporters with getting their own opinions broadcast as their sole objective not stick the knife into Yarraside on social media. Half these nitwits didn't see or understand what was occuring but the amount of crap I read on twitter was disgusting.

Want free advice. All assholes have opinions, if you want to broadcast yours, make sure facts and correct language is used. Generalising a group effects 90% of innocent people. It also damages the club.

We have enough opposition dickheads without a clue having a go, we don't need our own to get involved.

Some people need to have a good hard look at themselves and realise the world doesn't revolve around their opinions.

• Like 5

Active membership or not there will always be active support. Players and staff come and go true active support doesn't, if people love the heart they will come. Australians have thicker skin than to let some minor incidents of violence deter them for supporting their team.

Active membership or not there will always be active support. Players and staff come and go true active support doesn't, if people love the heart they will come. Australians have thicker skin than to let some minor incidents of violence deter them for supporting their team.

I agree. This happens at AFL games especially when Carlton-Collingwood play yet you still get those drongo's attending AFL games.

To add on to the that, if Channel 7 filmed AFL incidents as did Fox happen to film this incident, it will be like "Bazza, you reckon things like that pumps up that crowd? Ha-ha-ha" and sweep it all under the carpet and take it as a joke.