Melbourne Football

MHFC vs WSW 16/3 aka We're having a party

spain82

I don't quite know what to make of the game. How Western Sydney are leading the league by a mile is beyond me, because at times they looked rattled, especially after we equalized.

But we are such a frustrating side to watch and support. We play with absolutely no fluidity at all. So many times the ball is played laterally or backwards, or even when we go forwards the ball is not delivered to the right place and the receiver has to check and backtrack. It's no wonder that we cannot score. Ponderous and predictable are words that come to mind. Also so many players caught with the ball as they try to do too much instead of playing the obvious pass, and so many passes made in the air instead of along the ground. For once we fought back to level after we went behind, but in the second half we quickly became dysfunctional.

JA clearly failed us tonight by continuing to play Colosimo and Thompson. I simply cannot accept that Vranks and Meeuwis would not have been better choices. As for the others, let me just say that if I were coach I would not keep any of the players coming out of contract. Such a disappointing end to the home season for the Heart faithful.

• Like 3

I got pushed down a row of seats and sprained my ankle. I actually had no idea we were going to the north end, I thought everybody was just leaving the game in protest. What annoyed me was people moving to the other end just to have a go at the RBB.

JA clearly failed us tonight by continuing to play Colosimo and Thompson. I simply cannot accept that Vranks and Meeuwis would not have been better choices. As for the others, let me just say that if I were coach I would not keep any of the players coming out of contract. Such a disappointing end to the home season for the Heart faithful.

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!!

This club really is a rabble. Please clear out half of the list. Aloisi is not the problem, of course he's not the best manager but he'll just keep getting better (can't get any worse.) Good goal from Golgol.

Anyone else see Scott Mun talking to the ACG security guards near Yarraside during the game? My mate and I thought it was absolutely hillarious seeing the YS become the cityside. I guess that's the benefits of having no fans, that a whole supporter group can move to the other side of the stadium... Crowd not flash but what would you expect when it's pissing down rain.

Looking forward to 2013/14.

Quite clearly if you still believe in Johnny as the right coach for this job than there is something wrong with you. He is not the whole problem but his constant shitty team selections, lack of any game plan and structure as well as not having the ability to get the best out of players are costing us game after game. If he is not moved on by the end of this season we will continue to be mediocre.

That guy who ran into the rbb and king hit that other bloke has balls the size of elephants but regardless is the biggest dickhead I have ever seen. If you are going to judge the entire of yarraside on the actions of one individual you are a dickhead. He without sin can cast the first stone motherfucker

Sometimes a team huffs and puffs but it comes to nothing. Just got beaten by a better team. The FFA gave WSW a leg up to make sure it was competitive in the first season. Well they sure achieved that goal. Popovic just too clever with the players at his disposal. Loved Golgol's work in the first half and what a cracker. We just got turned over by some lax defending and they put away the opportunities. Simple. Now for the player cleanout.

Edited by HEARTinator

This club really is a rabble. Please clear out half of the list. Aloisi is not the problem, of course he's not the best manager but he'll just keep getting better (can't get any worse.) Good goal from Golgol.

Anyone else see Scott Mun talking to the ACG security guards near Yarraside during the game? My mate and I thought it was absolutely hillarious seeing the YS become the cityside. I guess that's the benefits of having no fans, that a whole supporter group can move to the other side of the stadium... Crowd not flash but what would you expect when it's pissing down rain.

Quite clearly if you still believe in Johnny as the right coach for this job than there is something wrong with you. He is not the whole problem but his constant shitty team selections, lack of any game plan and structure as well as not having the ability to get the best out of players are costing us game after game. If he is not moved on by the end of this season we will continue to be mediocre.

That guy who ran into the rbb and king hit that other bloke has balls the size of elephants but regardless is the biggest dickhead I have ever seen. If you are going to judge the entire of yarraside on the actions of one individual you are a dickhead. He without sin can cast the first stone motherfucker

No, Aloisi is not the right man for the job, but he has the job. If some people honestly think he will get sacked you are kidding yourselves, no way in hell will Munn and co. sack him after only 1 season. We have to learn to deal with it. He will only improve as a coach, as I said he cannot get any worse.

Agreed on the whole second part.

No, Aloisi is not the right man for the job, but he has the job. If some people honestly think he will get sacked you are kidding yourselves, no way in hell will Munn and co. sack him after only 1 season. We have to learn to deal with it. He will only improve as a coach, as I said he cannot get any worse.

Agreed on the whole second part.

Surely he could be part of a club 'reshuffle' or some shit like that? Like what happened with the brisbane coach earlier in the year.

I honstly cannot see the point of leaving him on as coach, and if i was an owner of Heart at this point in time, i would be looking to sell my stock quick start.

That guy who ran into the rbb and king hit that other bloke has balls the size of elephants but regardless is the biggest dickhead I have ever seen.

Not to mention a brain the size of a peanut. I agree that the actions of an individual should not be generalised to the greater population. However, that said, any negative publicity that eventuates from this is still going to hurt us. The club is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding their supporter base, and some of these incidents that have occurred this season aren't doing us any favours. 

I would've thought that entry into an away bay late in the match would be a little harder than just waltzing in, unless that bloke was there the whole time.

Anyways, that aside the performance was rather dull for the most part of the match. Cracker of a first goal by Golgol, but other than that there was no threat. Redmayne was the only reason the team didn't lose 6-1 by the end of the match. Everyone seemed to give up after the red card. Still no sense of urgency in what was a crucial match. This seems to be a serious issue. The team is incapable of upping the ante when 3 points are a must. I'm not sure whether it's a fitness or psychological issue (likely a combination of both), but they are incredibly slow on the attack. Need to fix these issues for next season. The last two games should be used to experiment, pinpoint the issues at hand, and build towards a solution.

• Like 3

Point taken, but there were plenty more with the same attitude as that guy. There were loads of scuffles in the opposite stand, and lots of aggro in bays 15 and 16 in Yarra.

After the Sydney FC game everybody was so positive. We thought we would get another 17k people through the gates for AUFC and WSW together and that we would make finals, and look where we are now. 11k showed up across both games and we lost both games in a pathetic manner, meaning no finals football.

On top of that, the crowd issues today will hurt us, even if security were at fault, our image depends on how people perceive our club, especially the casuals and families.

This stuff worries me, I show up at every home game with the 6k other people who show up come what may, but what about growing our club and the crowds?

Looks like we are going to have to start from scratch next season...

So what actually happened, why was Ando refused entry? Who was the guy in the away area? Why did yarraside decide to move to the other end?

• Like 2

Focusing all out energy towards the RBB? What does that prove? Surely it's a much more powerful signal to ignore them completely.

Thanks mum

Exactly the kind of attitude that will keep holding us back. Any crowd issues are going to hurt the club. Half the fun of singing in the terrace is rivalries with other clubs. Hence why the derby is so popular. This does not make me a seat ripping hooligan.

Am I the only one who hates West Sydney 10,000x more after tonight?
I hate the RBB's high and mighty hypocritical attitude after tonight's events, claiming that we are shit supporters and they do no wrong. Their supporters get wrongly evicted 'SILENT PROTEST' when the same thing happens to one of us 'Pfft, sucks to be you'.
I hate the fact that the FFA have essentially guaranteed that they will be successful through all of their funding and all of their concessions to them (Extra Marquee etc).
I hate the fact that they have the media and the FFA in their pockets.

I just really hate them. 

• Like 4