Melbourne Football

MHFC vs Adelaide - 11/03/13 @ 7.30pm - Rd 24

biancorosso7

My take on it is that JA saved these players for fresh legs for the next game in FIVE days time. I can see the logic to this. Is THAT game more important than last night? I don't think so. But perhaps JA looked at the ref allocation and put his chips in.

That's the organisational Virgo trait in me.

JMHO

That's the difference between a coach and a manager!

germano has a history of injuries, and paddy's worked his butt off all year.

if it worked, we'd be praising JA as a hero. if it doesn't, everyone wants his head. stop being fickle and realise that's football

edit: that wasn't directed at you jw1739

We cant keep a coach who cant win one game away all season.

Where are those PPL who said the club would be destroyed if we had made Ante Milicic manager now? :hmm:

There were people who said that?

And yes we can keep a coach who can't win one game away all season... Because the board can not possibly sack him after choosing him KNOWING FULL WELL that this sort of situation had a very VERY high chance of happening with a coach so incredibly fresh.

If JA gets the sack, then anyone on the board who had a part in choosing him over AM should also leave.

then congratulations on being an exception to the rule che.

if it worked, we'd be praising JA as a hero. if it doesn't, everyone wants his head. stop being fickle and realise that's football

Where are those PPL who said the club would be destroyed if we had made Ante Milicic manager now? :hmm:

for the most part i agree that if you can't win away from home you shouldn't be a manager, but i think people on here/fb are exceptionally harsh toward a first year manager.

That's alright. No offence taken.

Everyone is angry and frustrated and understandably so. This is the season that we probably thought we might have but nobody wanted to have. It was never going to be easy to be a Heart supporter. It's times like these when we have to stick together and support each other as well as MHFC.

• Like 1

And yes we can keep a coach who can't win one game away all season... Because the board can not possibly sack him after choosing him KNOWING FULL WELL that this sort of situation had a very VERY high chance of happening with a coach so incredibly fresh.

If JA gets the sack, then anyone on the board who had a part in choosing him over AM should also leave.

this i agree with

So if we won would there be high 5's going around and optimisim on the last 3 games.

I mostly have enjoyed watching heart this year - with some of the best football we played.

The last 2 games being the exception to the rule.

Im not gonna hang a bloke (JA) out to dry based on the last 2 games.   

There are many variables from new coach , to the wrong players , the away trip organisation that gives us our results.

Also cant beleive the perosnal attacks going on here amoungst our own in the thread... Not good

Bring the passion, but dont turn on each other....

Hate to see Ando or any of the RWU boys or Yarraside take a lesser role cause its not going to plan. 

• Like 1

One person went on and on about Milicic being the end of us if hired.

Lets hope its Third Time Lucky for Melbourne Heart.

Yeah, carm down guys...err I mean, calm down!  :P

We're all a bit upset, angry, furious, disappointed and/or boiling from the heat, but let's keep our cool and concentrate on the next match...

Says the bloke who an hour earlier dedicated a post to bagging a Terrace Member than is a mate of many posters on here for that fact he was was not wearing Merch. :droy:

Are you talking about Peaches? I don't get it...what's that got to do with me saying to keep our cool and concentrating on the next match?

I was upset, frustrated, angry and disappointed in last night's performance. I got it out, I thank you for listening and providing feedback, now it's time to move on!

I'm not sure if it has been raised or not but one thing that really got to me was not KGB or Ando's chants or the Teams performance (because let's be honest we have seen heart play like that before) but the people sitting down in the bays left and right. It actually just blows my mind at why you would sit in arguably the worst seats in the stadium, i spend a lot of my time hurting my neck to watch the screen, why would anyone want to sit there. And they come in melbourne heart gear which tells me that they must be coming down for the majority of home games, why the hell would you not buy a premium membership, if I was there to just watch the game i'd want the best viewing area and Yarraside really isn't that, so if your gonna come into the worst seats of the stadium may as well get your moneys worth by chanting or at the bare minimum standing and clapping.

• Like 1

One person went on and on about Milicic being the end of us if hired.

Lets hope its Third Time Lucky for Melbourne Heart.

Or perhaps we can all try and find a way to help JA become the coach we all know he can be?

• Like 1

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

All trains were stopped - Stranded at Richmond

Walk up and down Swan Street - all taxis occupied

No taxi - walk all the way up to commercial road via Punt Road, fuck that hill.

Arrive home at 12:15 - School tomorrow

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a train What an idiot. Attempted suicide or thrill seeker (unsure what thrills would come from that but some people are fucked)?

Have some compassion and perspective please. I was also inconvenienced but that's pretty trivial compared to somebody's life or that someone should be so unhappy and nihilistic that jumping off a building seems like a good idea. I hope that he's OK.

• Like 2

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a trainWhat an idiot. Attempted suicide or thrill seeker (unsure what thrills would come from that but some people are fucked)? Have some compassion and perspective please. I was also inconvenienced but that's pretty trivial compared to somebody's life or that someone should be so unhappy and nihilistic that jumping off a building seems like a good idea. I hope that he's OK. All he did was ask a question. He did not know the reason for it or how it happened

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a train What an idiot. Attempted suicide or thrill seeker (unsure what thrills would come from that but some people are fucked)? Have some compassion and perspective please. I was also inconvenienced but that's pretty trivial compared to somebody's life or that someone should be so unhappy and nihilistic that jumping off a building seems like a good idea. I hope that he's OK. All he did was ask a question. He did not know the reason for it or how it happened

sure, whatever the reason somebody has either been seriously injured or lost their life.

I could sit here and write a scathing, emotional vent about the night as a whole and the performances of both the club and Yarraside. But I'm thinking, why bother? The Club doesn't give a toss. And the "specials" in the front left of Yarraside aren't going to take notice and change either.

Specials?

Please do not use words when you dont know what they mean.

Honestly, what is your problem? I have no idea who you are or the faintest about you, yet you come on this Forum and have a crack at people who express opinions contrary to your own, and make pointless remarks about nothing. I used the word "specials". It has a number of literal and/or dictionary meanings, which are all applicable. What has that post contributed? We all are working towards the same goal, so why antagonise and nitpick?

If you have a problem with me, or the way I operate on this Forum, come and talk to me about it at the pub next Saturday. Would be happy to discuss any issues with you.

My problem is that you seem to think it’s perfectly fine to have a crack at certain PPL in the Terrace cos of their appearance from the position of being the most uneducated  outsider.

You do realise that many of these “Specials” and those “Top Button Boys” you constantly refer to are the blokes who actually created your Terrace?

Are the blokes who run the day to day duties of your Terrace?

Who spent hours painting your Terraces Tifo displays?

Who spent hours making your Terrace Banners and the majority of its flags?

Who make the Scarves and Stickers for your Terrace?

Who travel around the country as much as any group of supporters for our Terrace?

So when you constantly knock these PPL from afar due to their appearance, how are you working towards the same goal for our Terrace?

And FFS its not hard to find out who Cadete is.

This is all good and well Cadete, But if these are the blokes who created our terrace and what not and do all this for the club, i couldnt give a rats arse if they don't wear the colours. fuck! wear haiwaiin shirts for all i care, but the most excited i saw them get was when one of them managed to evade the seco's and possibly yelling out abuse when the ref made a shite call. If these are the same blokes who created the terrace why did they not join in on the chants? why did they undermine the capo? I know you blokes can chant because you have stood there and done it before. what was it about last night that made you blokes not participate? It was really quite embarrassing.

You're right it is woeful, what sort of committed supporter leaves before the final whistle?

A committed supporter who left at the 92nd minute because he was furious and ashamed. A committed supporter who every other game stays right to the end until every player has walked passed and has taken a photo or shaken a hand with. There was no chance I was gonna shake anyone's hand last night!

yeah i guess you're right.

plus there was that whole fire drill thing...   :oops:

This was the worst home performance of the season and possibly one of the worst home performances i have ever seen as a member since the club started. What the fuck was JA thinking dropping two of our best players? Someone above mentioned that they were tired or something but this was the biggest game of the season he should of played them both and rested them against FFA F.C which we have a smaller chance of winning. Unless they were actually injured both Germano and Gerhardt should of started. The performance was atrocious except that 10 minute period where we should of put a couple in the back of the net, after going down we showed no fight or hunger to win the match. Not gonna harp on about who played well because i thought everyone was pretty crap.

On another note i thought the terrace was quite poor last night, my brother who was sitting on the wing told me that we were actually loud (which was surprising). Now I don't give a fuck if someones wearing a Lacoste polo or merchandise as long as they're chanting! I was standing right next to Ando just behind the lads who everyone is having a go at (bottom left corner). Don't really have a problem with them not chanting just think it's disrespectful to Ando when they mock him or mock the terrace, they obviously do a lot of work behind the scenes but we sound so much better and louder when you lads are chanting (as seen when you stopped ACG grabbing someone). Another few issues is that there were a few blokes towards the top that were getting really aggressive with each other, this is the second time I've seen something like this as i saw it happen at the Etihad derby last month. We all support the same team so lets not try and argue amongst each other (I understand someone may have completely been in the wrong but it basically disrupted the terrace for a few minutes). I also do not understand why people start their own chants, what is the point of not having a capo if you're not going to listen to him? The amount of times Ando started a chant and halfway through some people started chanting their own thing just makes us look unprofessional. If you don't like the way the Capo is handling things i'm sure he would be open to suggestions.

Lastly, i do not understand why people are having a go at Ando and especially the drummer! It is a tough job being the Capo of a terrace where half the people sit down and don't sing and I reckon he did a fine job yesterday. Did his best to motivate the people who were sitting in the standing area's and was on people's cases when they weren't chanting. Seriously how can you have a go at the drummer? It was 30 something degrees and he had to play the drums for 90 minutes straight which is not easy. Sure he made a few errors here and there but I thought him and the two trumpet players were exceptional so hats off to them. 

Just remember finals are not out of the question I think Brisbane will make it but we can still sneak in, so lets make sure we make some noise on Saturday!

• Like 3

Was more annoyed at yarraside than the team tbh. All this talk of sacking ando as well as getting a another drummer are fucking ridiculous.

Unless you want to step up and do the job just STFU. i agree the drummer is a bit up and down, but at least people are willing to throw there hat into the ring to do it.

The problem with yesterday is that people unfortuantly will only chant when there team are winning. There seems to be too many of these people in the terrance who do this. They need to just fuck off, i would rather have 50 people who will chant regardless of the score rather than 200 people with half of them singing.

Need to also listen to the Capo. We might as well not have a capo if we don't listen to him.

Hearing some suggestions of maybe printing out chants is pointless what needs to be printed out and given to people is this:

If you wish to stand in the Yarraside, you will need to purchase an Active Support ticket or season membership. In order to get the most out of your matchday experience, it is expected by the Yarraside, the team and the club that you understand what is expected of you when you come into the Yarraside:

- Stand for 90 minutes. Sing for 90 minutes. Even if the team is down 0-3, support them like they're going to win 4-3. 
- Your view may, at times, be limited due to flags, pullovers and any other display created by the Yarraside. 
- Learn the songs, if you don't know the words, ask someone next to you. 
- Racist, homophobic and sexist chants are strongly discouraged and terrace leaders will work to ensure a friendly, welcoming and fun atmosphere in the Yarraside.

One of the very first things i read on this website, and it seems that too many people have forgotten this.

Do not even get me started on those faggots in the left hand corner. Regardless of all the work they do away from the game, they have been getting worse and worse this season, they simply do not seem interested in chanting anymore and just want to be part of yarraside simply because they think they cool

• Like 1

A massive part of the terrace is respect,

Show it.

When we chant,

Everybody chant it.

When we clap,

Everybody clap.

It's quite simple, if you do not want to be there, do not go there. I have had 6 people just from this game not coming back to yarraside because of the respect.

We want a fun, welcoming terrace. It was hardly that this week.

And 100% agree with kingofhearts post.

Would rather 50 people all singing then 200 with only the minority singing.

Ppl Have to stop blaming one or two people in the terrace. This week it was the whole terrace.

It was a bit disjointed.

Need to show the first 45 where everybody was into it. And turn it into 90+ minutes of passion.

We always criticize the team and let them know by saying something.

Now it was us, everybody needs to remember and keep in their heads that what we want is

90+ MINUTES OF PASSION

90+ MINUTES OF SUPPORT

90+ MINUTES SING AS ONE

90+ MINUTES STAND AS ONE

90+ MINUTES WE ARE ONE

a suggestion for next year (as it would be foolish to try and make dramatic changes for one home game left) without taking sides, meant as no disrespect to anyone or anything in particular:

as exemplified by da boys trying to get "melbourne i'm in love" off the ground last night (i know it took me ages to get the words to that one right - not that hard, but i'm a forgetful prick sometimes) if it fails the first time then maybe try one line at a time. slow it down, encourage the people around you to join in. repeat the first line until everyone knows that, then second, then all together. i'm sure it's been tried, tested and failed and i know its not that easy, but like johnny aloisi we could all do with a fresh approach every now and again.

[/naivety]

also to the guy in the middle who was only chanting to 'piss off' his mate who was at his first game (and wasn't chanting because apparently it was first game and he didn't know the words) - that's not very cool man.

The problem with the bays next to yarraside is that people sit there and dont join in/get shitty when people are standing. A few people bring their family and sit in that area with little kids which means when you stand you impede their view.

I know they should know that we are allowed to do it in those bays, but you still feel like a idiot blocking a kids view, especially when no one around you is doing the same thing.

I was one of only a small hanful who stood in one of those bays the other day and got chastised by those around me for doing so. Pretty frustrating.

More needs to be done to make that area open for people, but only if they want to join in.

My wife, not a seasoned supporter, has asked the question after watching most away games and last nights nonsense, "why are we supporting Heart? Why don't we support Victory?". I share her frustration, but no way!

As has been made mention of in other threads, we need to change a lot around and last night just drove home the fact. I just hope those at Heart HQ are up for it.

Ando and Yarraside are doing a great job. We need to take it to the next level.

We need to be one.

If we want to grow we need more communication. This is both on game day and away trips.

When Adelaide won the penalty Yarraside were signing "we are Melbourne" instead of voicing our displeasure at the decision.

This is what makes big clubs unbeatable at home. We need to overpower the referee and try and influence these 50/50 decisions.

We are not doing that. We need that whole grandstand singing and making as mucg noise as possible. We are not going to achiece this by what happened last night.

Follow the capo. Who every doesnt pull them up.

Come on lads. FFS

• Like 1

Ando and Yarraside are doing a great job. We need to take it to the next level.

We need to be one.

If we want to grow we need more communication. This is both on game day and away trips.

When Adelaide won the penalty Yarraside were signing "we are Melbourne" instead of voicing our displeasure at the decision.

This is what makes big clubs unbeatable at home. We need to overpower the referee and try and influence these 50/50 decisions.

We are not doing that. We need that whole grandstand singing and making as mucg noise as possible. We are not going to achiece this by what happened last night.

Follow the capo. Who every doesnt pull them up.

Come on lads. FFS

This, we need to be a bit more mongrel, just like the players do.

After reading the rest of the thread, shut the fuck up biancorosso or whatever your name is, why don't you confront those "specials" at the front left like you asked cadete to do to you, instead of coming on here and writing shit and calling them a disgrace on twitter too, hypocritical to the max and completely fucking uneducated, just shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself anymore champ. 

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 2

a suggestion for next year (as it would be foolish to try and make dramatic changes for one home game left) without taking sides, meant as no disrespect to anyone or anything in particular:

as exemplified by da boys trying to get "melbourne i'm in love" off the ground last night 

didnt help to have that guy in the middle saying thinks like 'Time for bed, kids' etc...