Melbourne Football

100% Alcohol Topic

MKD

Has anyone tried Duff beer?

Has it even hit the shelves yet?

duffbeer.jpg

Not yet retailing. Launched in Sydney late-May. Should be available Mid June.

Dan Murphy's exclusive retailer from what I'm hearing. I bought some duff beer from Horsham about a year ago. It was shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My suggestion would be if you can't handle gluten stay away from beer. Gluten products are responsible for almost every single positive aspect of beer.  The best local one i've seen though is Billabong. They do a ginger beer, blonde and pale ale from memory. Compared to other beers they are average but compared to every other gluten free beer ive had they are streets ahead. Pretty sure they are west australian but i've seen them in Dan Murphy's, BWS over here so every chance they are available in Vic.

Edited by perthheart

Nøgne Ø. OMG. Expensive, But worth the price tag. One of the best brown ales I've ever had. Their stout is freaking amazing too. Might have to get through more of their range.

14163.jpg

Got a big range of Nogne beers at my work. Where'd you pick this one up if I might ask? Been sampling a few of the Hitachinos and making my way back through our Mikkeller range atm as well.

Grabbed a Ruthless Rye IPA (Sierra Nevada) and a Fullers Russian Imperial stout for knock off tonight. Fullers :up:

Purvis in richmond.

Cool. Never been. Bit spoiled as I have cost price access to 7 floor to ceiling craft/import beers fridges at work :up:

Got a Fullers Wild River while I was there. Hopefully it's pretty decent.

Yeah it's good. Double Hopped Pale. Well balanced from memory for a double-hopped ale. Oddly American Hops IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants a ginger beer recipe that's easy as to make, in PET bottles, like used coke bottles etc, I'll post it.

If you want to make spirits and what is involved, I'll post that as well.

If you want some beer recipes, or want to know how to make your own, yep I'll post something about that too.

Even grappa, or 'wild wines', eg strawberry wine or grape wine.

I am no expert, but have been home brewing for a few years. I'm still to perfect an ouzo, but I think I'm getting there.

Last and least, I know of two homebrew places in the sth east to get supplies from.

Thank you, come again.

Edited by moops

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I read about that. Doesn't the dude from tool have vineyards in Cali or something? Tool can suck my dick though.

Got a 2013 Ullithorne Dona GSM for tonight; seems to have some decent wraps on it for a $25 bottle. Other stuff I've had of there's has been decent. Make the most of the red wine weather while it lasts.

Yeah I read about that. Doesn't the dude from tool have vineyards in Cali or something? Tool can suck my dick though.

Got a 2013 Ullithorne Dona GSM for tonight; seems to have some decent wraps on it for a $25 bottle. Other stuff I've had of there's has been decent. Make the most of the red wine weather while it lasts.

Arizona (merkin vineyards, shit wine)

I'm smashing a Riesling by some young punks called dona. 100 days on skins in amphora. Damn tasty

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. Just wanted to do some shameless self promotion here. I'm a winemaker and just released my own range of wines in Melbourne.

My label is called Dirty Black Denim. Focusing on well managed, sustainable vineyards from around Victoria. We also make our wines with little or no additions at the winemaking stage (some sulphur dioxide at bottling).

The wines are currently at a few small venues in Melbourne. So if you are ever at sun moth canteen in Niagra lane, feel free to try our Shiraz or Sauv Blanc. Or at Persillade in East Melbourne, try our Flor aged white( a bit like sherry)

Cheers blokes

@dirtyblackdenin_winemakers on Instagram

• Like 3

Given you a follow on Insta. Would you put yourself in the natural wines category? I notice sunmoth do a lot with natural wines. Only really exposed myself to them in recent times since moving to Victoria.

Will try make an effort to have a look at yours soon.

Focusing on well managed, sustainable vineyards from around Victoria. We also make our wines with little or no additions at the winemaking stage (some sulphur dioxide at bottling).

Reductive? Central Vic? Heathcote? Gippy? Please tell me you're not in on the Bio-Dynamic craze? Filtering through cow horns and making offerings to the Moongods on picking/planting days... 

Edited by Braveheart

Focusing on well managed, sustainable vineyards from around Victoria. We also make our wines with little or no additions at the winemaking stage (some sulphur dioxide at bottling).

Reductive? Central Vic? Heathcote? Gippy? Please tell me you're not in on the Bio-Dynamic craze? Filtering through cow horns and making offerings to the Moongods on picking/planting days...

If he is where do I volunteer for harvest. I'll bring the acid.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely dabble in Biodynamics and organically in the vineyard but we don't buy fruit from certified vineyard so.

We are in the 'natural' category but not all that keen on the term.

Our fruit comes from Sunbury, heathcote and Mildura.

You can et our gear at Sun Mith Canteen, underwood wine bar, green park dining and Persillade.

And please bring all the acid you have Perth Heart

• Like 1