Melbourne Football

A-league expansion

Pigeon

On 31/08/2018 at 4:48 PM, Dylan said:

Actually that should be a pre requisite 

So the bids that dont have teams should be out of the running?

Bergers will struggle when Avondale poaches all their stars next year. Inevitably South will rise near the top again...tends to go in cycles.

Just now, Geo400 said:

So the bids that dont have teams should be out of the running?

Bergers will struggle when Avondale poaches all their stars next year. Inevitably South will rise near the top again...tends to go in cycles.

No I just dont want South in the aleague. You will find most old heart supporters feel the same way given how they behaved when 'trying' to buy Heart out

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 9:18 AM, Dylan said:

No I just dont want South in the aleague. You will find most old heart supporters feel the same way given how they behaved when 'trying' to buy Heart out

Personally i know a lot of people who would have been happy to see the license remain local. Old Heart supporters were going to be disgruntled one way or another. Not like we didnt see our fair share of sooking when CFG took over.

1 hour ago, Geo400 said:

Personally i know a lot of people who would have been happy to see the license remain local. Old Heart supporters were going to be disgruntled one way or another. Not like we didnt see our fair share of sooking when CFG took over.

I don't think we saw all that much "sooking." The issue that riled Heart supporters was the change from red-and-white. IMO it still does - many supporters still sport a touch of red in their match-day gear. The "brand" bullshit that we hear we more or less put up with - after all, we hear that in many other aspects of our lives. The reaction to the takeover was mild compared with what I've read has happened where clubs have been taken over elsewhere - e.g. Cardiff City, Manchester United.

• Like 1