Melbourne Football

JVS - The coach from the land of chronic

Heart Fanatic

That's what I initially thought but there seems to be some negativity about that possibility. :/

Not sure why. I think he's had success coaching in his own right in NSW and he's familiar with the players and tactics we're using. He should be in the perfect position to take over and continue from JVS. Maybe Aloisi one day too, but he doesn't have enough experience yet. Who knows, we may have our next two coaches already at the club.

• Like 1

I think that JVS has done a great job and certainly is the best tactical coach in the hAL by some margin. Ange will be remembered for the contribution that he has made with his system at Roar but JVS has really introduced a tactical element that was absent from the HAL before he arrived. If anything JVS' system, flexible squad and tactical approach is even more ambitious that Ange and is taking longer to implement. This has been compounded by the sudden leap in quality of the past 2 HAL seasons, but really sets the club up well for the future as others have noticed. Our players for the next 5-7 years will come from the NYL squad and development squad, a much more sustainable path for the club than the MV approach of buying in most of their talent.

Some may be interested in a recent Jonathan Wilson article on modern tactical trends in world coaching. If you read it, you'll recognise most of those things happening here at our club. I personally hope that he can stay to finish this really important phase in the establishment of our club.

• Like 2

Yeah she sent me a message in dutch, I said me no understand, she then replied in english and said 'who are you?' I got scared and deleted the message before the missus saw it.

You could tell Daughter of JVS wanted to shag me

Couldn't you have used google translate and just sent a message back in dutch?

I might have to jump on my boyfriends account and try.

• Like 1

Anyone else catch the tennis with Nadal and Federer last night? While watching I noticed the boss in Nadal's player's box (top right)!

p1020248i.jpg

Its rather annoying the amount of AFL ads they run during the tennis in general, and its real annoying that whenever AFL players/staff buy a general admin ticket channel 7 almost always puts the camera on them and talks about them for a bit. It would of been nice for a Melbourne sports club coach to get a mention when he attends a match in an exclusive players box, expecially one belonging to that of Rafael Nadal. Sigh channel 7.

Seeing this does add to my belief that he is pretty comfortable in Melbourne, and he'll manage to sort his family situation so he can stay around for another season or two.

That video compilation was fantastic. I must admit if we needed too IMO he could still play in the A-League, doesn't look unfit at all.

Also Miguel Nadal, Rafa's uncle, played for Barcelona and Spain and Mallorca for many years and was presented with a shirt by the club during the week.

Edited by toogood18

MELBOURNE Victory has had three coaches in less than a year.

Melbourne Heart hopes, within the next few weeks, to be able to seal a deal to ensure its founding coach John van 't Schip stays in situ for at least a third season, giving it the stability that its bigger cross town rival has lacked. . ."Discussions are ongoing. We have said we will have a chat and those discussions are proceeding and hopefully we can make an announcement fairly soon," says Heart director David Kobritz.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/hopes-high-that-van-t-schip-wont-jump-ship-20120128-1qnie.html#ixzz1knoyLhRD

More importantly, who the hell is David Kobritz? You'd think Didulica would be in charge of negotiations because

1. He is a mad dog.

2. He is a lawyer.

3. He and John are good friends.

Anyway, that's awesome news. It seems as if he has sorted out any personal issues and is keen to stay in Melbourne. I'd like to see him get a 2/yd, but I doubt that will happen.

While Didulica and JVS would normally make the decisions on players, management and football department appointments are normally the board's responsibility. I think it's generally better that board members say as little as possible publicly, but Lynchy has obviously spoken to Sidwell and a couple of other board members and has written a couple of fairly positive articles in today's Age.

Anyway, it doesn't say that he's staying, but the vibe seems positive. I think one more year would be perfect at this stage. One more season will give him a good opportunity to finish the job of setting up a young squad which can really challenge for the title. After that, who knows. But at the moment, I'd be more comfortable with a handover to a local coach in 12 - 18 months.

I think one more year would be perfect at this stage. One more season will give him a good opportunity to finish the job of setting up a young squad which can really challenge for the title. .

I wouldn't be averse to two years meself. I feel two years would allow the club to release those in the current squad who come out of contract and haven't really performed up to expectations (for whatever reason), and to be more adventurous in recruitments. So we could address the structural weaknesses in the squad. I also feel JvS himself is still learning how to coach a senior team rather than a youth team. For example, IMO he still doesn't quite realise how important it is on occasions to grind out a game instead of conceding one or two points in the last minute. We've given up (at least) four points in that situation this season - and the table shows how important those four points could be. So I'd be happy with one year, but happier with two.

More Importantly, David Kobritz' daughters:

05eee38.jpg

Laurelle (24),

Facebook

Went to "The King David School", Armadale.

28833241.jpg

Jessica (20), Facebook

Also went to "The King David School", Armadale.

Graduated 2010

The two at Baroq House, Melbourne - 3 years ago.

4496250.jpg

... but Tesla already knew all of that, :P

Edited by Buddy Farah

More Importantly, David Kobritz' daughters:

05eee38.jpg

Laurelle (24),

Facebook

Went to "The King David School", Armadale.

28833241.jpg

Jessica (20), Facebook

Also went to "The King David School", Armadale.

Graduated 2010

The two at Baroq House, Melbourne - 3 years ago.

4496250.jpg

... but Tesla already knew all of that, :P

I also knew what them going to "The King David School" means.

Do not want / 10.

Not srs. Would smash Jessica with the power of 1000 greek gods.