Melbourne Football

Yarraside Museum & Historical Thread

FB.

14100_1406664848057_856375_n.jpg

What would later become Yarraside @ MVFC v Kawasaki Frontale. Can remember being a small 13 year old and being confronted by two full grown Victory casuals in the toilets at half time.

525875_332447700169015_1183622813_n.jpg\

The main group of who would later become KGB, last game of S1.

523211_283516655062120_1447837483_n.jpg

Battle scars of S2 Adelaide away.

399891_247673841984834_1822096382_n.jpg

OG KGB sticker design courtesy of Woody.

480029_407822372631547_899021649_n.jpg

YSB + KGB + YBC + MU5 in Sydney 2013.

575615_4617906640833_2054222837_n.jpg

Yarraside Etihad rampage V2, 2013.

303195_10150476549997329_1538422879_n.jpg

Original KGB tifo plan. Courtesy of Woody.

154286_10150329985540574_1415774_n.jpg

Flare that led to first ever MHFC banning order.

66089_165649680118538_8112037_n.jpg

KGB + MU5 top boys in S1.

• Like 6

487355_398994613520626_1817216063_n.jpg

KGB Toilet Crew 2012

535645_446313442103958_1691803344_n.jpg

The tags that started it all. Tags of the first ever Adidas trainers owned by a youth member of Yarraside.

47791_446313478770621_1554382031_n.jpg

S1 derby ticket. May have been first one?

563515_446313502103952_552911434_n.jpg

Y-Side scarf with Skoko signature. S1.

13903_446313635437272_757397193_n.jpg

Adelaide Away banning orders and amongst other Away Day relics.

eat-australian-meat-pie-800X800-p3n40o.jpg

The pie that hit DutchPride in the face @ Aus v Serbia

• Like 1

Not a history piece yet, but it's safe to say that with Subbuteo reviving now, and the active thread we have on this forum, has influenced people to start organising a subbuteo club/tournament in Melbourne.

With a former professional player from the UK now residing here in Melbourne (also supporting Heart) , Talking to Vincent C.( with connections with WASPA and numerous subbuteo clubs and associations) and the enthusiasm of collecting teams and painting supporters in terraces and sharing them with others on the thread, creating a vibe and mass interest. I personally believe that we have the right to claim that some y-siders here have been a significant factor of establishing the first tourney/club ever in Melbourne that is currently in process (still in a fledgling state) (credit to True Until I Die to initiate this and partnering up with them). It is still a dream for me but once this finally arrives I will be all over this shit, take my y-side scarf and take a few snaps and hopefully other ysiders would come to this event.

The Schip Happens article of December 2012 would also be a great add-on for this if anyone has a hard copy of it.

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

easily 10/10 thread.

unfortunately supaturk has purchased all rights to the videos of his alcohol-influenced birthday rampage at the riser (season 1 IIRC?)

other notable moments:

- user myki and i seeing a security guard king hit some guy outside a club in sydney

- any of footbalism's adventures at the imperial/away games/home games/in the park over the last three seasons

- changing the street sign outside a certain forum user's house to read 'yarraside tce'

- "go west bromwich albion" and the infamous riser jukeobx

• Like 1

Possibly the best thread i have ever seen on this forum. Makes me wish i kept some of my old tickets especially from the first derby, as well as my original heart top from season 1. Searching through the pile of shit which is my room hoping i can pull up my ticket from our first ever game against CCM

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

As someone who started standing in YSIDE only last season there is little that I can contribute here but there is a few things I've pondered.

Who thought of the Yarraside name?

Any story behind it? Like was it a group discussion thing? What were the other alternative names etc.

Was decided a long time before the first season started, as far as I can remember.

There was a pretty big discussion thread on the first supporters forum, and lots of names were thrown around.

Then there was at least one or two supporter meetings before the season, and Yarraside 17 was the favourite of a forum poll, and the core guys decided to drop the 17 for pretty obvious reasons (expansion, etc.).

As someone who started standing in YSIDE only last season there is little that I can contribute here but there is a few things I've pondered.

Any story behind it? Like was it a group discussion thing? What were the other alternative names etc.

Was decided a long time before the first season started, as far as I can remember.

There was a pretty big discussion thread on the first supporters forum, and lots of names were thrown around.

Then there was at least one or two supporter meetings before the season, and Yarraside 17 was the favourite of a forum poll, and the core guys decided to drop the 17 for pretty obvious reasons (expansion, etc.).

Any notable ones which were close to trumping Yarraside?

Not particularly, thinking about it now, they were all pretty rubbish in comparison. I think there was a 'red faction' and others along those lines suggested.

Nothing came close, from memory.

Other reasonably popular choices were things like Red Faction, Red Bloc, etc.. Can't remember the exact names.

I think this was our second mega, after the first proved to be a dud. Don't remember who done the stenciling, I think it was baz. Even though both our usernames have changed, the message remains as true as ever.

S2nEIvZl.jpg

BHFCh3ll.jpg

For the record, since everyone always wanted to know, LBC stood for Large Balkan Cock, as the years have gone on it was been established within the terrace circles that this was definitely not a misnomer.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

What would later become Yarraside @ MVFC v Kawasaki Frontale. Can remember being a small 13 year old and being confronted by two full grown Victory casuals in the toilets at half time.

Haha, absolute gold! There I am in the Liverpool top far right. I think you were the one I gave the Adelaide top to. Great memories!

Haha, absolute gold! There I am in the Liverpool top far right. I think you were the one I gave the Adelaide top to. Great memories!

Yep thats me

I still cop shit for it tbh - glad no pics of it exist.