Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

It was a very interesting interview.

What wasn't clear though was how long ago did this conversation happen? Was it before the media speculated he wasn't coming? Or after? If it was before he may have thought about it, Ask Mark then dismissed it.

BUT on the positive it does confirm that CFG were looking at him and did make him an offer.That is a massive positive. It shows they will be looking for someone 'big' who still has a few years left in the tank.

Lampard really fits the description that Txiki used.. A player eager to coach as well, funny thing about Lampard is that he´s a closet intellectual family guy.

I mean, how many footballers write books for children? ^_^

Well, in Chelsea alone, you have Mark Schwzarzer who also does.

Dint read too much into thid! Beckham had a go too, helped put my kids to sleep...they were below average stories.

It was a very interesting interview.

What wasn't clear though was how long ago did this conversation happen? Was it before the media speculated he wasn't coming? Or after? If it was before he may have thought about it, Ask Mark then dismissed it.

BUT on the positive it does confirm that CFG were looking at him and did make him an offer.That is a massive positive. It shows they will be looking for someone 'big' who still has a few years left in the tank.

Watch it again.

Schwarzer says it was "a couple of weeks ago".

Edited by Baresi
  • Like 1

Enjoy your success lads, more is on the way,

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

He thinks he's holding an Atlético Madrid shirt and will be playing back in Spain on a guest 10 game stint :lol:

T/shirt is cool. We must start a whale thread.

or a campaign to replace ticker with a whale mascot. Or an actual whale. Get the little kids to chuck water on it to keep it fresh ;)

• Like 3

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

He thinks he's holding an Atlético Madrid shirt and will be playing back in Spain on a guest 10 game stint :lol:

or a campaign to replace ticker with a whale mascot. Or an actual whale. Get the little kids to chuck water on it to keep it fresh ;)

actually I wonder what will happen to ticker. I wonder if they will keep him for a heart link or drop him and rebrand another mascot in, in a few years time :/ hmmmm

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

actually I wonder what will happen to ticker. I wonder if they will keep him for a heart link or drop him and rebrand another mascot in, in a few years time :/ hmmmm

Fuck ticker, we want Whale man.

• Like 3

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

I'm guessing Under the Red and White is out too. Man, I must have listened to that song... Twice.

Just heard no announcement for 48 hours and none concerning Lampard, BBQ off.

I can understand a delay but IMO it would seem weird to delay 48 hours that takes us to Sun morning - a bad time and day for media coverage. If the announcement was for NYCFC it would be for their Saturday night also bad timing for media.

Just heard no announcement for 48 hours and none concerning Lampard, BBQ off.

I can understand a delay but IMO it would seem weird to delay 48 hours that takes us to Sun morning - a bad time and day for media coverage. If the announcement was for NYCFC it would be for their Saturday night also bad timing for media.

I think you are over thinking this. Not a good idea with rumours.