Melbourne Football

The Art of Football

KSK_47

Campeones de estampa (otherwise known as the Colo Colo collective) is a project that brings together different artists from around the World to honor Chile's most popular club, Colo Colo. It has seen many World renowned artists and designers contribute to the project and produced some very impressive results.

campeonesestampa.jpg

30714ea605df288816c3eaeb9c3f34e5.jpg

4f9afae8601a58723e1a049b5eb7bf36.jpg

134ef962324b7276e45b0bb33cefbda9.jpg

colocolo_4_WEB_laprisamata.jpg

• Like 1

Do you like football? Do you like art? Do you like eggs?

If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then Chinese egg carving artist Wang Huaping is your man. In celebration of the 2010 World Cup, Huaping ​carved the faces of famous footballers onto eggs using a chisel.

egg-carving5.jpg

egg-carving7.jpg

http://www.odditycen...rs-on-eggs.html

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

A personal project from Polish photographer Tomek Albin titled Everyday Football

"It was my passion and love for football that inspired me to create this project. The creative premise is founded upon two contrasting and often absurd situations, which could in theory happen in everyday life, at home and at the football pitch. The resulting images depict actual scenes from the football field blended with everyday home life."

3abbce1735de67245a5f7e4cd9f1fb8a.jpg

Does not really blow me away, but mildly interesting I suppose

http://tomekalbin.com/44792/423488/people/everybody-football

My missus looks like top left now, fucking hate short hair. Anyway, slowly changing her dress style into terrance steez.

Remember Cadete's Golden Rule: Also say you like a girl's hair cut or change of hair colour.

There is no exceptions to this rule ever.

Been a while since I have put anything up in here, so hope this excellent work makes up for it. Legendary photography duo Diver & Aguilar are famous for their high end commercial work however this photo-journalistic style series entitled Documentary Football shows just how much depth there is to this duo's ability.

tumblr_lfjuggCsWg1qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjui07L6Q1qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjujeGhB21qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjuk8QgmR1qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjukjOfct1qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjulxofCJ1qb5zxf.jpg

tumblr_lfjuvr1jhW1qb5zxf.jpg

Check out this series in its entirety plus load more for their amazing work here

http://www.diveraguilar.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of football posters, I recently came accross these ones from the community owned football club Lewes FC in England - which has gained somewhat of a cult following because of the originality of the posters they produce.

Currently they have the highest gate attendances in the Isthmian Premier League League, which can be thanked in part (I think) for the clever posters they make.

Shows that clubs with even small budgets can make inroads with simple, clever marketing. Melbourne FC take note.

http://lewesfc.com/f...atchday-posters

mdp_kingstonian-2.jpg

mdp_horsham.jpg

mdp_eastthurrock.jpg

mdp_carshalton.jpg

Edited by FB.
  • Like 2

Take an item with immense practicality- in this instance, a desk.

Now remove all elements of its usability and replace them with something that has absolutely no practical function what so ever, for the sole reason that now every time you look at it, the formerly usable desk can remind you of how fucking sexy football stadiums are. That, my friends, is art!

football01.jpg

football02.jpg

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

Designer Pierre Haulot's product for Nike, "Virtual Park".

It is a temporary glow in the dark spray paint, lasting roughly two hours so you can play street football at night without having to strain your eyes in order to make out the faintly chalked out goal mouths or jumpers for posts lurking in the shadows of the underground car park of the council flat you have chosen to play in, due to the fact that it feels like you are in the rough parts of North London.

pierre-haulot-nike-spray-paint-1.jpg

nikevirtualpark_2.jpg

• Like 1

Designer Pierre Haulot's product for Nike, "Virtual Park".

It is a temporary glow in the dark spray paint, lasting roughly two hours so you can play street football at night without having to strain your eyes in order to make out the faintly chalked out goal mouths or jumpers for posts lurking in the shadows of the underground car park of the council flat you have chosen to play in, due to the fact that it feels like you are in the rough parts of North London.

pierre-haulot-nike-spray-paint-1.jpg

nikevirtualpark_2.jpg

Wow, seems like it would really expensive haha

Take an item with immense practicality- in this instance, a desk.

Now remove all elements of its usability and replace them with something that has absolutely no practical function what so ever, for the sole reason that now every time you look at it, the formerly usable desk can remind you of how fucking sexy football stadiums are. That, my friends, is art!

football01.jpg

football02.jpg

My god, this is amazing.

An incredible piece of documentary film by Argentine director Federico Peretti who has been dubbed the South American Hans van der Meer.

"Three years ago I started writing for a popular magazine about amateur soccer in Argentina. From that moment I realized I was not so much interested in the game on the field, alswel in everything around it happened: the groups of friends, the crap at the rest, fans who terrain servant help draw lines, the chairman, who own bag pays the team bus. And it fascinates not whether they win or lose, it makes the fans not matter that they looked at the neck for being such a small group follow. These clubs are part of the lives of all those persons, the whole weekend revolves around the club. And so I wanted to make a film about them. To show what they feel. I hope when you've seen the movie, you say: "so, what is football so beautiful."

Makes me want to do film doco too.

• Like 1

An incredible piece of documentary film by Argentine director Federico Peretti who has been dubbed the South American Hans van der Meer.

"Three years ago I started writing for a popular magazine about amateur soccer in Argentina. From that moment I realized I was not so much interested in the game on the field, alswel in everything around it happened: the groups of friends, the crap at the rest, fans who terrain servant help draw lines, the chairman, who own bag pays the team bus. And it fascinates not whether they win or lose, it makes the fans not matter that they looked at the neck for being such a small group follow. These clubs are part of the lives of all those persons, the whole weekend revolves around the club. And so I wanted to make a film about them. To show what they feel. I hope when you've seen the movie, you say: "so, what is football so beautiful."

Makes me want to do film doco too.

Amazing.

1539361267128070.jpg

1539361267128099.jpg

1539361267128112.jpg

"This piece was created in the true spirit of street soccer and incorporates many of the unwritten rules associated with it. The game is either played one-on-one or two against two and the focus is not only on scoring the most goals, but also on showing who is the best. First one who plays a ball in between the legs of the opponent wins.

It invites people to play and have fun, but also challenges them to think of new ways to play. While learning and interacting the notion that all players are individuals becomes apparent. Later on you see that the players are all wearing Nike sneakers, connecting the individualistic aspects of the game in a very subtle and subversive way to the brand without any loss of integrity.

Initially it was made for a Nike exhibition at 90sqm in Amsterdam celebrating the Air Max 90. After the exhibition it was displayed at Artgadgets in Eindhoven for a few months. Unfortunately it was demolished in an accident on the way to a shop location in Copenhagen, Denmark."

http://www.ihavepop....ject_panna.html

Edited by KSK_47

1539361267128070.jpg

1539361267128099.jpg

1539361267128112.jpg

"This piece was created in the true spirit of street soccer and incorporates many of the unwritten rules associated with it. The game is either played one-on-one or two against two and the focus is not only on scoring the most goals, but also on showing who is the best. First one who plays a ball in between the legs of the opponent wins.

It invites people to play and have fun, but also challenges them to think of new ways to play. While learning and interacting the notion that all players are individuals becomes apparent. Later on you see that the players are all wearing Nike sneakers, connecting the individualistic aspects of the game in a very subtle and subversive way to the brand without any loss of integrity.

Initially it was made for a Nike exhibition at 90sqm in Amsterdam celebrating the Air Max 90. After the exhibition it was displayed at Artgadgets in Eindhoven for a few months. Unfortunately it was demolished in an accident on the way to a shop location in Copenhagen, Denmark."

1539361267128070.jpg

1539361267128099.jpg

1539361267128112.jpg

fucking awesome. want one, heheh.