Melbourne Football

The Art of Football

KSK_47

The beautiful game has long been the inspiration for many a photographer, artist, designer, etc.

This thread is dedicated to the round-ball art house crowd where all football related art can be discussed and shared. So chuck on some Vivaldi on an git sum fucken culcha up ya guts!

Following on from Ando's photo essay thread I thought I would share the work of English photographer Stuart Roy Clarke.

Stuart Roy Clarke has dedicated a huge part of his life to documenting the culture of football, particularly the supporters. He has gone on to inspire countless football loving photographers, myself included.

http://www.homesoffootball.co.uk

Sunderland_2780_panow-700x274.jpg

Edited by KSK_47

Following on from Ando's photo essay thread I thought I would share the work of English photographer Stuart Roy Clarke.

Stuart Roy Clarke has dedicated a huge part of his life to documenting the culture of football, particularly the supporters. He has gone on to inspire countless football loving photographers, myself included.

http://www.homesoffootball.co.uk

Sunderland_2780_panow-700x274.jpg

Read about this in WSC last year, awesome images.

Love that panoramic view of the Sunderland fans.

The Ringleaders Football Club is a community based club from Montreal. Formed by a collection of artists, designers and photographers who all share the same passion for the game.

Unfortunately their website is undergoing maintenance at the moment, but its well worth keeping an eye on. Some of their work is absolutely fantastic.

http://theringleaders.ca/

hummel-rfc-shotbyjfk.jpg

Edited by KSK_47

Although he is not a smoker, or particularly fussed on football, artist Leo Fitzmaurice has spent the past ten years collecting durry packs and turning them into football kits. The idea for his exhibition Post Match came to him one day after seeing a soggy fag packet on the ground that was sort of shaped like a t-shirt.

leo_fitzmaurice.jpg?w=520&h=346

20-leofitzmaurice-post-match-austria-nil-blue-jpg.jpg

POST-MATCH_0007_Layer-21.jpg

IMG-360_482.jpg

IMG_3606.JPG

There are over 800 more of these!!!!

• Like 1

The football related subject matter of Matthew Thompson. Some great stuff

"Football is my other passion. I feel alive when I'm at football, and have been around the country as a fan. Some pieces are from first hand experience and some are just photos that have caught my eye"

matts_art_120609_1221.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

DSCN2906.JPG

DSCN2907.JPG

Smoke_bomb_Peterborough.JPG

Green_Brigade_Corteo.JPG

St_Pauli_fans_Leverkusen.JPG

Green_Brigade_at_Peterborough.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

Aberdeen_Red_Ultras2.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG

FC_United_Main_Stand.JPG

GB_corteo_un-cut.JPG

Edited by KSK_47

I have not really found that much information about this chap, but from what I have pieced together, Clive Yelf who goes by the name Fleydon is an AFC Wimbledon supporter has devoted his life to hanging banners from the stands in a bid to attract more fans to his club. Not a particularly ground breaking concept, however his work has raised many eyebrows and now attracted the attention of the fine arts community.

Some have labeled his work as nothing out of the ordinary, others have labeled it as highbrow wit and social commentary. Either way, some interesting stuff.

standards+%282%29.JPG

Attack+on+allFronts.JPG

Behold+the+don.JPG

Take+that%21+%282%29.JPG

DA+Army.jpg

Better+class.JPG

No+Worries%21.jpg

http://fleydon-flags.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by KSK_47