Melbourne Football

The Art of Football

KSK_47

http://www.colorsmagazine.com/magazine/90

Also picked this up in a a magazine store today. Has some cool art work / photography in tandem with stories about teams comprising of a massive range of back stories.

No idea if this is a regular magazine or a one off. The cover art alone was enough for me to buy it.

Edited by perthheart

http://www.colorsmagazine.com/magazine/90

Also picked this up in a a magazine store today. Has some cool art work / photography in tandem with stories about teams comprising of a massive range of back stories.

No idea if this is a regular magazine or a one off. The cover art alone was enough for me to buy it.

I saw this a while back and it doesn't look like there have been any other issues released, so might be a one off.

Looks pretty cool. Is the inside as impressive as the cover?

It's more photographic journalism than illustration. Stories are about 32 different teams around the world. They set the magazine up like a tournament and have a section like panini sticker books. The magazine tells the story of each of the 32 teams, they range from a Mexican resistance team that play in balaclavas, blind football team in the Czech Republic, an all women's football team in Saudi where it's illegal for women to play sport and a women HIV sufferers team in Zimbabwe who hold talks to try and end the stigma around the disease in the country before games.

Is really well shot and the stories range from touching to bizarre. Researched the mag a bit further and it's an Italian quarterly that has a different focus every issue so is a one off. Definitely worth picking up.

• Like 1

It's more photographic journalism than illustration. Stories are about 32 different teams around the world. They set the magazine up like a tournament and have a section like panini sticker books. The magazine tells the story of each of the 32 teams, they range from a Mexican resistance team that play in balaclavas, blind football team in the Czech Republic, an all women's football team in Saudi where it's illegal for women to play sport and a women HIV sufferers team in Zimbabwe who hold talks to try and end the stigma around the disease in the country before games.

Is really well shot and the stories range from touching to bizarre. Researched the mag a bit further and it's an Italian quarterly that has a different focus every issue so is a one off. Definitely worth picking up.

That sounds right up my alley! Thanks man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Photo project by Bournemouth photographer Amy Maidment called "We Are Premier League" showcasing the euphoria of Bournemouth's promotion to the Premier League. Some really cool pics in here:

http://www.amymaidment.com/2354350-we-are-premier-league

My stupid phone is only loading a few of these but looks god so far. Looking forward to checking the rest out

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was here, but I remember going through a link that had some canvas/posters for sale by a particular designer that did like 80's/retro styled visuals, it would just have the team name and with their colors on the text in 3 lines, have an image of some sort within it like an adidas trainer or probably a subbuteo figure associated or something or rather.

Edited by Young Polak

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was here, but I remember going through a link that had some canvas/posters for sale by a particular designer that did like 80's/retro styled visuals, it would just have the team name and with their colors on the text in 3 lines, have an image of some sort within it like an adidas trainer or probably a subbuteo figure associated or something or rather.

NOPE, found this fucker by accident <again>

10422179_943971528947697_118195842454613

10931436_935385186472998_886397094365852

10850096_906844155993768_483512585974763

1377031_906844059327111_5872437959151781

1476080_906843939327123_5863370394020578

http://www.thetenten.co.uk/category/posters

• Like 1

• 4 years later...