Melbourne Football

Nick Kalmar

Jimmy

Is looking very likely to take the place of my favourite player now that Aziz is gone. He was immense against the Glory. So strong on the ball, smart passes, incredible free kick. Just created so much today. Hopefully he builds on this performance and goes on to become a club legend :up:

LA LA LA LALA,

Nicky Kalmar,

Nicky, Nicky Kalmar.

Fred<Kalmar

• Like 1

always thought he was a great player and rated him highly, but he showed his quality in bursts and struggled to hold it together for the full game. Today he really proved what he is capable of and if can maintain that level for 90minutes i think he can only get better.

SURELY he'll be re-signed for another 2 seasons. He shows he has the potential, just needs to be given the chance.

Great performance against Perth after playing well in the derby, easily MOTM for me with Jez Walker and Williams rounding out the top 3. He was great on the ball, easily got around players with nice little bits of skill and set up some great chances, namely the one where Macallister had so much space and time that he fucked it up. If he can establish some consistency he could be our #10 after Fred either retires/plays as a super sub/gets injured again.

Also great to see him take the free kick well, we've finally got him and GolGol who can actually take free kicks after we've been so bad for so long from free kicks, only decent taker was Sarkies.

but he is likely to have a shocker next week.

explain?

We have seen it with him that he is up and down

For as good as he was yesterday he was just as bad 2 weeks ago against WSW

I hope he really picks up and this is a breakthrough game and he becomes a consistent force

I don't think you can say that based on his performance against WSW. No one that day played well, it was a shocking game.

Kalmar played really well when he came on against victory last week, and followed it up yesterday against Perth. He needs to be given game time to continue to perform well and try get some consistency.

He really needs to be consistently played in the same position, a position where he is at his most dominant and that is behind the striker. Too often he's played deeper or out on the left and drifts in and out of the game, he needs to be stuck in the hole where he can beat a man and then pass the ball forward.

• Like 1

I don't think we can sign him for 2 years, 1 year I think he is 25 and yes he had a great game yesterday but he is likely to have a shocker next week.

Hopefully he can keep up his form

Why did you reference his age ?

Because he is not a young player who we can sign on potential really

If he was 21 potenital is ok, but at 25 he should be delivering more and not just a guy who gets another contract on potential

I don't think we can sign him for 2 years, 1 year I think he is 25 and yes he had a great game yesterday but he is likely to have a shocker next week.

Hopefully he can keep up his form

Why did you reference his age ?

Because he is not a young player who we can sign on potential really

If he was 21 potenital is ok, but at 25 he should be delivering more and not just a guy who gets another contract on potential

To a degree you're right but then you look at someone like Mcbreen who improved this seaon and then the hacks at wsw that poppa has worked wonders with, anythings possible

• 2 weeks later...

Been our most effective player this year.

I'm one of Kalmar's biggest fans. But that is very incorrect.

Think about from the Sydney Away game until now. For the times that he has been on the field he has barely put a foot wrong. Only other player that you could mount an argument for would be Willo & Garcia.

Sometimes it takes a long time for players to overcome bad injuries, James Kelly at Geelong in the AFL for example took two seasons of playing before he caught up to where he was heading before he did his knee.

The signs are there that this could be the case for Nicky as he seems to be picking up from his strong debut season and maybe proving Malimate and Malloy right and dare I say it Cadete wrong.

• Like 1

Think about from the Sydney Away game until now. For the times that he has been on the field he has barely put a foot wrong. Only other player that you could mount an argument for would be Willo & Garcia.

Thats it, he has been great but hasnt played enough of the year to be the best over the course of the season, that is Garcia he is our best player but Kalmar is great and will only get better, tie the kid up with a 3+ year deal

Thats it, he has been great but hasnt played enough of the year to be the best over the course of the season, that is Garcia he is our best player but Kalmar is great and will only get better, tie the kid up with a 3+ year deal

Would rather see Kalmar with a 1, maybe 2 year contract as we don't want him to get too comfortable.

His playing with such confidence at the moment. Unbelievable form. The ethnics keep doing it for Melbourne Heart. Lets not have anymore of this Matt Thompson and Jason Hoffman crap.

If you are Tasmanian, does that make you ethnic too?

Jeremy Walker is Mexican.

• Like 1

His playing with such confidence at the moment. Unbelievable form. The ethnics keep doing it for Melbourne Heart. Lets not have anymore of this Matt Thompson and Jason Hoffman crap.

If you are Tasmanian, does that make you ethnic too?

Jeremy Walker is Mexican.

Jezza - Is actually a Ukrainian name. :up:

EDIT: The man in the Number One is also an ethnic, being of course Serge.

220px-Jezza.jpg

Edited by cadete