Melbourne Football

Luca$h Neill

Red or Dead

Oh f*** me! How many offside traps will fail with this dude on the pitch?

Seriously???

We are talking A League here, where this blokes kind of expeirence in defence could be the reason a lot of PPL on this forum could attend their first Melbourne Heart final.

Anyone else remember Madaschi's influence in the Red and White Stripes?

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

New to Posting...

Read on this Forum for a While.

Interesting to see the what the length of the signing will be, wether short or long term.

I think he will be a very good signing, Our defence with be Solid with Gerhardt and Niell,

what does this mean for Colosimo now? or is Gerhardt going to play in the Middle with Marcell?.

I'm not his biggest fan either, but I'm sure I'll like him in red and white. Hopefully he's reduced his wage expectations in light of the fact that he can't command the big pay days anymore, and that he just needs to be playing if he want's to make it to Brazil.

Could it mean Gerhardt and Meeuwis in the midfield? Hmmm...

• Like 1

New to Posting...

Read on this Forum for a While.

Interesting to see the what the length of the signing will be, wether short or long term.

I think he will be a very good signing, Our defence with be Solid with Gerhardt and Niell,

what does this mean for Colosimo now? or is Gerhardt going to play in the Middle with Marcell?.

It means what we have long campaigned for: COLOSIMO OUT!

• Like 1

Shush idiots, This is a good move because:

a )He provides great on-field leadership, which JA has said is vital.

b )He's still capable of performing very well in this league. He's not THAT old and he's not overly injury prone. If any of you say he can't still offer a lot at A-League level, especially considering he wants to play at Brazil, then you're daft.

c ) He'll provide an off-field boost. Sure he's no Harry Kewell or Tim Cahill. But people will still come to see him and we can use him in marketing. Probably be the biggest name we've ever had besides perhaps JA IMO.

Bring on Lucas.

• Like 4

Massive signing

You don't play 279 games of EPL if you can't play

As long as he stays for more than 3 months, I can't really see a negative

He brings leadership, he will be captain next year

He will help the likes of Vrankovic, Walker and Mitchinson

He gives us the flexibility of Gerhardrt going to DM

He is a well known name, helps boost profile of club and crowds

But mainly he is one hell of a player, one of the best defenders Australia has produced

Shame he chased the $$$ for a little too long...and played at Gala.

Young players + experienced heads gives us that vague 'youth policy' so often held in high regard by our supporters and detractors alike. Hopefully Lucash can provide that for kids like Vranks and Walker.

He's played almost 500 games at very decent European clubs and represented his country over 110 times across all age levels. A massive chunk of those of captain no less(which he still is). Imagine if anyone else with those credentials were looking at signing here? There'd be nothing but love and optimism.

Edited by Jimmy

Happy to see us getting Neill. He's getting on and the last few internationals I've seen him play have been average but he's a wealth of experience and still has enough quality in him to offer a lot to Heart.

Hope it gets a few more through the gate V Sydney, and more importantly he gets us through to finals.

• Like 1

Win both on and off the field. Really excited about this though was very sceptical of this even taking off.

I'm not convinced of his playing ability but he'll bring wealth of experience, excitement and talking points for the youngins in the team. Hopefully attracts some new viewers along with more media.

Don't think it's TOO much of a hypocritical comment from media angle.

Would still play Vrankovic over him.

How much are we paying this spud?

Lol ok mate, why would you play Vrankovic over him??? This is possibly the biggest signing in club history and you would have him sit on the bench?

Lucas is a freaking good player, and with the players we have now we are really poised to be a darkhorse in this finals series.

I just thank Heart HQ for getting of the arses and being proactive. It looked like we were settling for another season of mediocrity but with the recent signings its all on Aloisi to get these players playing well

• Like 1

Would still play Vrankovic over him.

How much are we paying this spud?

Lucas is a freaking good player

How many of his games have you watched in the last 3 years?

35 by the time finals swings around and was released from his last 2 clubs.

He is defiantly better than colosimo and vrankovic. Guys got experience playing in the top leagues all around the world. He is on the downside of his career, i'll agree with that however, he still has at least 3-4 years of good football in him. Playing under his good mate John will make him play good again. :)

Happy with this signing, really hoping for a home final now!

The only way we can get a home final is if we make up the 11 point deficit to pass AUFC on the ladder, which even with Neill, Meeuwis and a fit Fred, I don't really see happening....unless AUFC fall flat on their ass of course and we smash (most) of our remaining games :-)

So then the only other way we can get a home final is if we finish 5th and we beat 4th, but 6th also beats 3rd. THEN, we'd have to play and beat the top team and the 6th placed team HAS to beat the 2nd placed team.

The highest ranked team will host the final! :)