Melbourne Football

'Munn signs Aussie based in Europe.'

MHFC19

I'm reading that we're trying to sign (before the A-League transfer window closes) a foreign midfielder for the rest of this season and to stay with us for 2013-14. I think that '...someone with pedigree' was one phrase used.

No possible names have surfaced so far.

As per usual we hear nothing from the club, basically all we know is that scotty was able to go on a great europian vacation courtsey of Melbourne Hearts membership dollars unless we hear otherwise. If he went over to look for investors why haven't we heard anything? Probably talked to one possible investor and went 'fuck that shit, lets enjoy europe!' not happy

As per usual we hear nothing from the club, basically all we know is that scotty was able to go on a great europian vacation courtsey of Melbourne Hearts membership dollars unless we hear otherwise. If he went over to look for investors why haven't we heard anything? Probably talked to one possible investor and went 'fuck that shit, lets enjoy europe!' not happy

shakehead.gif

• Like 2

shakehead.gif

like this purely because of the class show

Of course you don't hear anything from the club - not until a contract is signed. If a club lets it be known that they are chasing a particular player then it's likely some other club will step in with a better offer.

And a new investor? We have no rights at all to know what might be happening at Board level. I think we're pretty fortunate that Peter Sidwell is prepared to sit down and answer fans' questions, press a few hands at the Family Day, and so on and so forth.

Edited by jw1739

Yep.

After his unsuccessful attempt to find shelter in the Netherlands Marcel Meeuwis found shelter in Australia. The midfielder signed for three months at Melbourne Heart.

Morrison was without a club after his contract with VVV-Venlo December 1 in good agreement was terminated. In Limburg Eredivisionist he had no future after a collision with coach Ton Lokhoff.

The 32-year-old midfielder was in the picture at Willem II, but the training with his former club did not lead to a contract. Now he has for three months associated with Melbourne Heart.

Club stated what they wanted and needed clearly. A leader in the DM position. Well, lets hope this guy is it.

Lots of experience as well as a couple of decent transfers so he has quality pedigree. He will have leadership, if he can be that player he will make us so much better.

Signed for 3 months, with a view to longer contract. We will see how he goes. Hoping for the best.

Damn it, got in first. I thought I had an exclusive scoop! I asked Scott Munn yesterday when he was standing next to my seat whether we got rid of Gray to sign a foreigner for the rest of the season and he said, "I can't say much more than, yes"!

Marcel Meeuwis - maybe we're bringing back some of our Dutch flare :-)

Anyway, just thought I add my 3 cents! :)