Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

Bergers have signed Brent Griffiths a English DM released from Wellington Phoenix, he was at Glory before them.

Played barely any games for either side and did not so well so the verdict is well and truly out.

Hopefully the guy is worth the cash and can help us salvage this season, if we just get the Gaffer fit and directing the kids up front and this bloke helping the kids down back we might survive.

I have to head to down to Dromana on the w/e but I am hoping I can still catch the home game against Hume on the way home.

Will the DKB12 be in attendance?

Bergers have signed Brent Griffiths a English DM released from Wellington Phoenix, he was at Glory before them.

Played barely any games for either side and did not so well so the verdict is well and truly out.

Hopefully the guy is worth the cash and can help us salvage this season, if we just get the Gaffer fit and directing the kids up front and this bloke helping the kids down back we might survive.

I have to head to down to Dromana on the w/e but I am hoping I can still catch the home game against Hume on the way home.

Will the DKB12 be in attendance?

This Brent Grififths is Rostyn's brother, so he played well in the VPL, we may be able to get him without giving up a visa spot, but from what I saw of him at Wellington he is just your average A-League player, nothing special really

Full time whistle blown here and the Thunder have continued it's unbeaten start to 2012 with a 3-1 win over Northcote City. Goal scorers: Liam Kearney, Nate Foster, Ross Thompson (P)

Go Dandy! Go Nate Foster!!!

Bergers defeat Knights in Sunshine 2 to 1 to record there first win for the season: And are now out of the relegation zone by a point!

I went on Friday night to see Richmond take on Gully, Richmond scored early but in the second half Gully's professionalism stepped in and the snatched the league and score two in five minutes to take the match,

Dandy with a 2-0 win over Bentleigh Greens.

Guess who scored the goals? That's right. My main man. Nate Foster.

Has 7 from 6 for the year.

Nate Foster will wear number 11 for us this coming season ;) I can dream.

Have a mate who plays for Bentleigh Greens and I was told that after the game, some Albanian family cunts had a brawl with each other or something and weapons (knives etc) were involved. lolz (Dandenong Thunder home ground)

That's my team :D

Bergers will announce there new coach on sunday: Mike Olotripa

Apparently also 5k worth of damage was done to the Village mid week, things smashed and stolen...

Year from hell at the club - The fact they have Dandy this w/e @ home next week is just going to make things probably a whole lot worse.

Edited by cadete

Bergers lost to The Dandies 1 to 0 @ The Village on Sunday evening.

I ended up being too tired from Saturday night to head out but apparently despite Dandy deserving the win, Heidelberg conceded a pretty stupid goal.

Bergers play @ Northcote this week on Sunday: Which I feel quietly confident about...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Foster got the assists. The above Reads wrong.

That's 8 goals and 8 assists from 10 starts! Dandy have scored 23 goals for the season and he has had a say in almost every one.

Surely he will get a trial with us, at the very least.

NEW Dandenong Thunder striker Nate Foster plans on scoring plenty of goals this Victorian Premier League season, enough to earn him a place in the A-League.

The 22-year-old Canadian left-footer travelled to Australia during summer with the aim of joining a VPL club and putting his talents on show.

Foster said it didn't take long for him to sign on with the Thunder. "I didn't know who I would play for," he said. "A friend of mine knew people at Dandenong and got me a trial. It's great, I love the boys. They have taken good care of me."

Foster has repaid that support in the form of goal scoring across a number of the club's pre-season games.

"If I'm not scoring then I'm not doing my job, no matter how well I play," Foster said. "Scoring goals is all about confidence so it's important that I score regardless of who we are playing."

The speedy striker has already caught the eye of a couple of A-League scouts and he plans on impressing the higher league this season.

"I think I am good enough to play in the A-League next season," he said. "I came here to Australia to play in the A-League and I have set myself the goal of doing that in the next two years max."

Off the field, Foster is living in Doveton and coaching an under-13 side at Doveton Soccer Club.

He said he was enjoying his stay in Melbourne and looked forward to a milder winter than others he experienced in Canada. "I really hope there isn't any snow," he said.

http://www.greaterdandenongweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/vpl-thunder-recruit-eyes-aleague/2492884.aspx

Great point for Richmond last night.

Yes, a bit of luck, but their display was totally different from the weekend before against Knights (especially Marinos played well, after a shocker - but he's suffering from an injury, although he's still playing).

Beautiful goal by Eterovic.

Ferrante still got a back injury though.

Edited by danepak

Went to the Greek Derby tonight at Lakeside which ended 2 to 1 in South's favour.

The fucked up thing was that even the South supporters could not believe South's first goal which was a kilometre Offside...

Edited by cadete

danepak - were the infamous Richmond Stasi Boys in attendance?

More importantly, how did Nate Foster play?

Nate Foster was pretty good (for VPL standards). Better than anything that we've got.

Didn't see any Stasi Boys.

Are they supposed to be loud?

Nate Foster was pretty good (for VPL standards). Better than anything that we've got.

Didn't see any Stasi Boys.

Are they supposed to be loud?

Lets just say you would know if they were there...

I heard that are on tour in Poland following the Germans ATM.

• Like 1

Been to quite a few Richmond games over the last 1 1/2 year, but never noticed them.

Is there a bit of crowd trouble hidden in them?

Plastic chair brigade or the real deal?

Edited by danepak

Been to quite a few Richmond games over the last 1 1/2 year, but never noticed them.

Is there a bit of crowd trouble hidden in them?

Plastic chair brigade or the real deal?

Fairly sporadic history over the past twenty years of crowd trouble – Less so more recently.

There was more activity before the club was promoted back in the VPL, as there were some particularly rough years back in the old SL1.

In those days a lot of rumours about links to German Nationalism amongst members and Victorian Police found a alarming amount of Far Right Literature was being distributed at one game that were called due to crowd trouble.