Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

Anyone got into following some NPL fixtures this season?

I am doing a media internship at South and decided to create a photo archive on a blog platform throughout this season. It's really turned more into a hobby than actual work. 

https://southmelbournenplphotolibrary.blogspot.com/2019/

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Anyone got into following some NPL fixtures this season?

I am doing a media internship at South and decided to create a photo archive on a blog platform throughout this season. It's really turned more into a hobby than actual work. 

https://southmelbournenplphotolibrary.blogspot.com/2019/

Was the first thing they indoctrinated in you was the date they were named Oceania team of the century?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Baka1 said:

This isn't new. It was been around for about 4 months or so. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/01/ffa-announces-end-to-ncip-introduces-diversity-and-inclusion-policy I think what they've done in the four months is develop the guidelines.

All the inclusivity freaks will be in favour until the first sign of "inter-ethnic violence."

On 7/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, jw1739 said:

This isn't new. It was been around for about 4 months or so. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/01/ffa-announces-end-to-ncip-introduces-diversity-and-inclusion-policy I think what they've done in the four months is develop the guidelines.

All the inclusivity freaks will be in favour until the first sign of "inter-ethnic violence."

I have always thought that the NCIP was probably not the right way to go. But I can understand why it was. Anyway its up to the NPL clubs  now and if some cant control their support, then they shouldnt be able to get near this second div.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I have always thought that the NCIP was probably not the right way to go. But I can understand why it was. Anyway its up to the NPL clubs  now and if some cant control their support, then they shouldnt be able to get near this second div.

Like most FFA initiatives, it was well intentioned, but short sighted and not well thought through.

9 hours ago, Young Polak said:

wonder if there is any updates on disciplinary actions towards the thunder-magic violence 

Nothing for thunder or Altona, they have blamed nth sunshine eagles and I think at least 3 supporters have been found... How you can blame a club not even there  I have no idea 

In case others have missed the disciplinary decisions from other events

Westgate FC vs Hoppers Crossing SC
Men's State League 2 North-West

This case saw Westgate FC receive a 6-point penalty in the Men's State League 2 North-West league (of which they were on top of the ladder), a $3500 club fine and a club associate banned for life after a can of alcohol was thrown at a referee after the game. The can struck the referee in the head. 

Melbourne Knights FC vs South Melbourne FC
FFA Cup Round 7

Melbourne Knights were found guilty of five offences. These included the lighting of flares and racist chants by supporters. As a result, Melbourne Knights received a 3-point deduction from the NPL Victoria Senior Men’s competition (of which they were in 6th position), and a $5000 club fine. A Melbourne Knights associate was further banned for 4 weeks following expulsion from the technical area. South Melbourne FC was also found guilty and fined for participating in a melee.

Essendon Royals SC v Preston Lions FC  
Boys North U18A

Both Essendon Royals SC and Preston Lions FC were found guilty of participating in a melee with both receiving suspended fines and Essendon Royals SC being subject to a 6 point suspended sentence. The most serious of three red cards also saw a 13 match ban handed down.

“Football Victoria can, and will, continue to call on a variety of sanctions and stands ready to heavily punish misconduct and do everything we can to stamp this behaviour out of the game”, Mr Filopoulos concluded.