Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

There was talk end of last year about heart and victory trying to get VPL teams. What happened with that ?? Or is that being looked at for the 2013 season ?

Midweek fixturing space was allocated for this - however the FFV decided against it for 2012, in part due to the competitions review set to come out in the first quarter of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Last season I took my daughter to nearly every game, both home and away.

Mum got time by herself, while the baby got fresh air and Dad got to watch football and drink a beer.

I'm not German, but my Grand Dad was a German soldier (when Denmark were occupied by Hitler...)

I'm sure that qualifies me to be a Richmond supporter :D

Kransky's and German DAB beer, mmm.

Also, pleased to see ex Phoenix player Michael Ferrante in Richmond colours.

Yep, really good food at Richmond. (Y)

My club Hume have signed MH youth prospect Jose Guerrero del Solar. Killed it in his first trial game.

We've also sacked/lost half our squad though, so the championship is unlikely. However, reall keen to see how both he and Atilla Ofli fair this season, as well as all 5 new signings whom are 25 or younger.

Edited by Buddy Farah

I'm not a big fan of the: you are this type of ethnic person you can/ can't support this team. Unfortunately no teams near me do will follow my club Brighton who will play provisional 3 south east. I will probs go to the final of the vpl though. But the ethnic aspect is what makes the vpl so awesome. The grub yall are talking about sounds yum.

I'm not a big fan of the: you are this type of ethnic person you can/ can't support this team. Unfortunately no teams near me do will follow my club Brighton who will play provisional 3 south east. I will probs go to the final of the vpl though. But the ethnic aspect is what makes the vpl so awesome. The grub yall are talking about sounds yum.

Sandringham > Brighton

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Western Suburbs SC yesterday to watch the Hellenic Cup Quarter Final between the Bergers and Kingston.

It would have to be the funniest ethnic ground that I have been to, first of the Muddy ground is completely hemmed into a suburban block by Houses. To the point that the Nets cannot be boxed nets due to size restraints. When the sides tried to do their warm up on the pitch as there was nowhere else they got chased of by an old guy swearing in Greek.

When I arrived in the Clubroom there were three groups of Old Greek Dudes playing cards, who kept being told to leave. Eventually a guy came out and told them to Fuck Off and the card players were not happy.

As for the game, despite the pitch quality it was quite entertaining with Heidelberg winning three to one with two the Bergers goals be quite good

• Like 1

When the sides tried to do their warm up on the pitch as there was nowhere else they got chased of by an old guy swearing in Greek.

When I arrived in the Clubroom there were three groups of Old Greek Dudes playing cards, who kept being told to leave. Eventually a guy came out and told them to Fuck Off and the card players were not happy.

These are the reasons, growing up going to the South games in the NSL, that I love going to VPL games. Brings back great memories and depending on who you watch the football isn't too bad either to be honest.

I think South have to win the VPL this year, they've added players who are no doubt are in the top 3-4 players at the club, no excuses for South.

Went to South vs Malvern on Saturday and yet again the Trifiro brothers, who we MUST sign, absolutely dominated. If it wasn't for their numbers I couldn't tell who was who, but I tell you they are ripper box-to-box midfielders.

Heidelberg appear to be going down the Youth path this year... so it be interesting to see how this turns out.

I think South will be deserving strong favourites, I am guessing some extra spending may be allowed on player wages for a Championship to celebrate being back at home.

The VPL been craving South back at the Lakeside, I am sure all supporters list this as a reason to be more exicted for the upcoming season.

Sunday afternoon is the best time for football.

Making thread about state league discussion in general and not just VPL.

Need to resurrect mine and KSK's Altona Magic crew.

Disagree on a couple points.

For one, Sunday is the worst time. The best is Friday or Monday nights. Sunday ruins your weekend.

And, I've seen KSK + family at Altona matches, you're clearly not a true supporter ;)

Disagree on a couple points.

For one, Sunday is the worst time. The best is Friday or Monday nights. Sunday ruins your weekend.

And, I've seen KSK + family at Altona matches, you're clearly not a true supporter ;)

His preparing for the death of a certain other club...

I have decided that I wont be shooting any VPL/state leagues this season because I want to be able to actually watch some football. Kool family will be making way more appearances this winter- with Tesla's guidance preparing my kids for future terrace leadership.

• Like 1

Ok new to town, tossing up between Northcote City and Richmond. I like the sound of Richmond's German heritage. Anyone got any hints that will tip me either way?

Go with Richmond. Good food there.

Carpark at Northcote sucks. Good luck getting out of stadium at end of game.

Edited by Tesla