Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

Danke. The blue and white stripes of Northcote were a bit of a turn off as well.

Why?

Because the Blue reminds of Schalke?

Dandy Thunder, Southern Stars (Dingley), Oakleigh Cannons & Bentleigh would be your closest bets.

Dandy - Will provide a team that can win as the supporters give a lot to the their club, but a somewhat hostile environment, but just make it known you are supporting Dandy and you will be ignored rather than abused.

Southern Stars – TBH don’t expect more than one season of VPL league from what I have heard a lot of the players in their promoted side have left and there is a lack of replacements.

Oakleigh – Probably will be a competitive side to watch albeit the have lost Pappas, but their new coach is well regarded. There are rumours that there may have been a player fallout however. If you do support Oakleigh expect a “Douche Bag Tween Supporter Group” being present at early games and perhaps some further choking.

Bentleigh – It was massive surprise to me that they stayed up last year and will probably be contesting for relegation again. A particularly annoying MV group was also associated to the club last year before they gave up and stop going.

Meanwhile fucken annoyed Green Gully poached Osagie of Bergers, loved that guy:

A Nigerian with crazy celebrations will be lost on the 5 people watching Gully in Keilor.

GG the Pokies sponsored Buzz Kill of VPL Football.

Any more infomazione on that jap kid giorgios?

Nah, I will try to find out if he played on Saturday and if he did well – The Stupid game clashed with ours

(If it was on Sunday I could of gone :angry:)

Last time I looked all the convo was just on the poor keeping - apparently the worst in years... and I saw some very bad displays last season.

Edited by cadete

Having lifted the Macedonian Cup last weekend, Altona Magic look set for a big season. Friendly tomorrow at Noble Park to celebrate Noble Parks's 20 year anniversary. Not sure if they have a home friendly before the season starts, Polluted Water Boys are eager to get down for some state league action.

• Like 1

Having lifted the Macedonian Cup last weekend, Altona Magic look set for a big season. Friendly tomorrow at Noble Park to celebrate Noble Parks's 20 year anniversary. Not sure if they have a home friendly before the season starts, Polluted Water Boys are eager to get down for some state league action.

Hotly contested cup that one...

Went and saw Bergers play there last Pre Season against South Springvale (SL2) yesterday.

Bergers won 3 to 1 and had an ok second half however the first half was yet another indication of prob a hard year to come...

It's good to have these talented kids but the side needs to some more stronger older bodies for the VPL season proper IMO.

Edited by cadete

Youth news:

Oakleigh: Craig Goodwin, Zac Walker and Jeremy Walker,

Northcote: Brad Treloar and Kristian Konstandindis

South Melbourne: Phil Petreski

Bulleen Lions: Dusan Bosnjak and Dan Peluso

Heidelberg: Seb Mattei,

Green Gully: Roganovic (permenantly, obv)

Hume: Jose Del Solar

VPL will be a hole lot better to watch now.

But feck sake, Skadidas at Oakliegh facepalm.jpg

Edited by LR9

Youth news:

Oakleigh: Craig Goodwin, Zac Walker and Jeremy Walker,

Northcote: Brad Treloar and Kristian Konstandindis

South Melbourne: Phil Petreski

Bulleen Lions: Dusan Bosnjak and Dan Peluso

Heidelberg: Seb Mattei,

Green Gully: Roganovic (permenantly, obv)

Hume: Jose Del Solar

VPL will be a hole lot better to watch now.

But feck sake, Skadidas at Oakliegh facepalm.jpg

I wonder if I will be seeing the Walkers on Sunday at Olympic Village... TBH I hope not, I want to see a win.

got a South Melbourne membership last season (it was free) got a letter to renew it thought why not might end up going to a few games this season, I went to a couple of Richmond and Bentleigh games last season. But wanting to stay pretty loyal to South should be good with Lakeside and all.

Have any of you Richmond SC followers got a German connection?

Although my Granddad is German (never met him), I certainly don't feel German and I almost feel guilty following them, without a proper German connection.

(or should I just take a chill pill?) :rolleyes:

Have any of you Richmond SC followers got a German connection?

Although my Granddad is German (never met him), I certainly don't feel German and I almost feel guilty following them, without a proper German connection.

(or should I just take a chill pill?) :rolleyes:

Sorry but I could not laugh a little at this...

The only Germans involved with the club are at basically Committee level, so you will find at games that the Non Germans outweigh the Germans 9 to 1.

When some of us caught a few games down there last year, everybody was really welcoming and just appreciative of getting some people though the gate and to buy some food at the Canteen.

Since being in the VPL Richmond has a history of been supported by Anglos who want a VPL side to follow and they are fine with this as well. A good example is their used to be a Victory Supporter Group that went to games before they started their own club Trojan Athletic.

You basically find it’s the same deal even at the more Ethnic Clubs in VPL in that they are just grateful of the business. The Greek Clubs really could not care less about Anglos and they make up the majority of the league, South is well known for still having a Anglo supporter from its NSL heyday for example.

At Bergers everyone has been friendly enough, you are either spoken to sometimes or simply left alone because you can’t speak Greek (lol).

The only real club I would be hesitant of having worries about would be Melbourne Knights and perhaps Dandenong.

Sorry but I could not laugh a little at this...

The only Germans involved with the club are at basically Committee level, so you will find at games that the Non Germans outweigh the Germans 9 to 1.

When some of us caught a few games down there last year, everybody was really welcoming and just appreciative of getting some people though the gate and to buy some food at the Canteen.

Since being in the VPL Richmond has a history of been supported by Anglos who want a VPL side to follow and they are fine with this as well. A good example is their used to be a Victory Supporter Group that went to games before they started their own club Trojan Athletic.

You basically find it’s the same deal even at the more Ethnic Clubs in VPL in that they are just grateful of the business. The Greek Clubs really could not care less about Anglos and they make up the majority of the league, South is well known for still having a Anglo supporter from its NSL heyday for example.

At Bergers everyone has been friendly enough, you are either spoken to sometimes or simply left alone because you can’t speak Greek (lol).

The only real club I would be hesitant of having worries about would be Melbourne Knights and perhaps Dandenong.

You're perfectly right to laugh at my message.

I felt that I had to ask the question somewhere and this seemed to be the right place.

I wasn't aware of this (only board level are Germans).

Every time I've gone to the games, it seemed to me that there was about 20 people cheering for Richmond (all of them Germans) and then the rest of the crowd was made up of away supporters.

I know one of the Germans. A very friendly and welcoming old fella, who also encourages me to go to the games.

Still, I always felt like I was the only non-German, cheering for Richmond (especially going to the away games).

Anyway, got an English mate (Charlton supporter as well), who's keen on going to the games and especially after your message, it should encourage him even more.

(can't wait to enjoy the kransky sausages and DAB beers again this season)

Edited by danepak

Of course there are the Board Members’ family and a few others from the German Tivoli club:

But Richmond are known as the Anglo friendly club.

And your right about opposition fans, unless its GG or Hume in town then there are almost always more opposition fans down there on a Saturday.

All I know is, the VPL Seed & nut salesman will fall on hard times with the new BYO seed & nuts mentality that is sweeping the city.

You dare take on the Prophet?

What next starting up a Secco Company called Red Thunder?

Edited by cadete

Aye all the Maco clubs in state 2 down didn't enter. Perhaps Altona would have though as State 1 clubs haven't come in yet but a lot of clubs have also decided to boycott the cup this year so who knows.

Telsa or Duchess are Altona expected to do well this year?

How have they been in friendlies and with signings?

Are things money wise back on track?

If anyone is interested I will be at the Village on Sunday evening to see Bergers vs Oakleigh... then heading into the city for the Old Firm match.

This is going to be the longest weekend ever, Adel + Wedding + VPL Season Opener + Old Firm.

Anyway Should be a good match under the lights.

All I know is, the VPL Seed & nut salesman will fall on hard times with the new BYO seed & nuts mentality that is sweeping the city.

Good! The prick stole my car park down at KB reserve last year. Had to go and do something for the (footy) club, so put a big witches hat in the parking space, was gone for 5 minutes max and by the time I got back he had moved the witches hat and parked there!

Then tries to tell me he didn't do it! Scum bag wasn't even selling nuts at the footy, but at the 'soccer' so no idea why he parked there anyway!

Screw you nut man! Screw you!

Kind of keen on going to South's game on Sunday depending on how I feel after Adelaide. Would be good to check out Lakeside at the first proper game.

Anyone else going/keen?

Tempting vs Brunswick.. Have an assignment due Monday but msg me on weekend n let me know if going, will see if can get there.