Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

The 2012 season kicks off on Friday 23 March with a couple of interesting fixtures for Round 1

8:15 PM

Fri 23/Mar Bentleigh Greens - Green Gully Cavaliers Kingston Heath Soccer Complex - Pitch 1 (Map)

3:00 PM

Sat 24/Mar Dandenong Thunder - Southern Stars George Andrews Reserve - Pitch 1 (Map)

3:00 PM

Sun 25/Mar Northcote City - Richmond John Cain Memorial Park - Pitch 1 (Map)

5:00 PM

Sun 25/Mar South Melbourne - Whittlesea Zebras Lakeside Stadium (Map)

6:00 PM

Sun 25/Mar Melbourne Knights - Hume City Knights Stadium - Pitch 1 (Map)

6:00 PM

Sun 25/Mar Heidelberg United - Oakleigh Cannons Olympic Park (Map)

Edited by jw1739

The Kransky at Richmond is probably the best food in VPL so they are probably my favourites.

North Geelong does a decent Chevapi though so i dont mind them (they're not VPL obviously though) but thats too far away.

John Cain usually has decent food but it only has dim sims and potato cakes these days ffs, will probably be back to normal for VPL but I have started to dislike the venue because of this tbh.

Interested to see what the Souvlakis are like at Lakeside and South also have a very attractive water girl so I will be watching a few of their games this year.

You may be thinking of Heidelburg. Don't think I have been to Oakleigh's ground, can't stand ski-adidas hool group.

The Bergers have the best ground with Old School Terraces and a very badly worn Running Track.

The also get a crowd which includes a Clarinet player and had both a Japanese player and a Nigerian player last year.

Thats enough to sell me.

The Kevin Bartlett reserve Kransky is incredible, you'll struggle to find better grub anywhere else in the VPL.

I'll go to a few games to fill up time on Sundays. I'm also very keen to check out the new Lakeside.

I just wish the Heart and Victory youth teams were full time additions to the league, and not just midweek inconvieniences for other clubs.

Also, it'll be interesting to see which players from our senior team will get loan deals, and to which clubs.

Considering checking out some VPL matches. Especially after making the move from Pakenham to St Kilda, will make getting around much easier.

i live between st kilda and richmond so i'm definitely gonna be heading to richmond games, i suggest coming down as it's good fun hanging out with your mates, making new ones and watching some grassroots footy. IIRC they had a few saturday games last year

i live between st kilda and richmond so i'm definitely gonna be heading to richmond games, i suggest coming down as it's good fun hanging out with your mates, making new ones and watching some grassroots footy. IIRC they had a few saturday games last year

Get on board Olerhead! Kevin Bartlett Reserve FTW! Haven't had a chance to watch the 'soccer' club but may pop over on a Sunday and watch one.

South returning home really is the best thing about the upcoming season - I don’t think anyone will deny that.

Also Juventus being back after their only time out the top division also adds some more anticipation to things.

Its a pity Preston cant come to the party.

Edited by cadete