Melbourne Football

Flags and Melbourne icons

belaguttman

Seeing as flags seem to be back in Y-side fashion, why did we not use them for nearly a season length?

To show fans what it would be like without them.

People were not looking after them, after the same few people had put countless of hours and dollars in to producing them.

There is no doubt they add to the match day experience, but people still don't seem to have learnt. I saw a few flags left behind, as people couldn't even be fucked handing them down to the front on their way out, let alone wave them.

It's everyone's job to take care of them, look out for them, wave them and contribute. :up:

I sometimes question flags, I mean imagine the unlucky lad who might have missed Terra's winning derby goal or Thompson's derby lob

because of a flag, this is unavoidable but I'm sure that nearly everyone in the terrace would rather these moments on the pitch to be seen than to be part of the visual component of Y-side

I sometimes question flags, I mean imagine the unlucky lad who might have missed Terra's winning derby goal or Thompson's derby lob

because of a flag, this is unavoidable but I'm sure that nearly everyone in the terrace would rather these moments on the pitch to be seen than to be part of the visual component of Y-side

That's what the video replay is for.

And honestly the amount of times that happens is extremely rare

Exactly BZA. If I can't see what is happening (because a massive flag is obstructing my view or the ball is way down the other end) I will turn my head and look at the big screen. Zero complaints.

I guess I will learn to deal with it, out of interest would you expect the flags to be waving in extra time Grand Final or even penalty shout out Grand Final? Even if it meant you had an impaired view?

Edited by Joel21

I guess I will learn to deal with it, out of interest would you expect the flags to be waving in extra time Grand Final or even penalty shout out Grand Final? Even if it meant you had an impaired view?

Yes, most definitely in that situation. Except in the case of a penalty shootout when heart are shooting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

in the process of making:

345989-tony-abbott-in-his-039-budgie-smugglers-039-.jpg

Nice, just change the blue and yellow bits to white.

I asked in the town hall council offices the other day about city of Melbourne flags and was told they are not available for purchase. Apparently they are only for use in the council and I think the mayors office. The lady fails to realise there is one flying by the Yarra every day.

I will continue to find one.