Melbourne Football

Flags and Melbourne icons

belaguttman

No, we are listening but you don't seen to understand. We're not questioning your commitment to the terrace, we're just letting you know that the terrace is where the flags go.

To be completely honest, we don't have nearly enough flags in the terrace. We need a few more really big ones.

i love the banners and im not saying they shouldn't be in the terrace, just suggesting not having like 3 banners behind one another

flags are great as long as they dont block your site when a goal's scored

Did you not read the disclaimer on the membership brochure when purchasing your active membership?

celebrations are so much better when goals are seen.

and no i didn't, why would i need to?

cos it would have stated that at times your view would be obscured.

and even if it doesn't it goes with the expectation of being in Bay 17

there's plenty of other yarraside members a little fustrated by the flags, but this is mainly because it's in the wrong part of the terrace and should be used lower down, not near the back blocking other peoples view

Incorrect. The flags are exactly where the should be. If you have a problem with having your vision of the game obscured, kindly move along to one of the other 22,000 empty seats where you shall be able to see unhindered.

This is what shits me about our supporters. They want to be near the noise, the action and atmosphere but are not willing to make the sacrifices to contribute to it.

this is wrong. just seeing goals is what i like

No. this is wrong. If you want to be guaranteed seeing goals and other events during play, the terrace is not the place to do it. Granted, it would be great if we could see everything all the time but our support comes before our personal satisfaction. It's just the way it is and like i said, plenty of free seats getting around.

The flags are going nowhere.

i love the flags, but you cant say there in the right spot, cos against adelaide there was parts of the game where clearly it wasn't, + im as dedicated to supporting and chanting for the heart as you

SHUT THE FUCK UP, THEY'RE IN THE RIGHT SPOT, FUCK.

• Like 1

i'd suggest wave the flags on the top level of the wings but then it'd probably get complaints from green seats being unable to see.

there a propah naughtee bunch them, honestly as said before if you can't handle flags move somewhere else it all comes apart of the terrace not questioning your commitment either puzzelsone.

getting so out of hand, would never move from yarraside

There was nearly a punch-on started in front of me on Friday when some idiot threw a hot drink at a flag-waver after yelling abuse at him for a while. The terrace is meant to be the place where we all unite to demonstrate our support for the club - flags are a key part of that. If you don't like them, then as others have said you can always move, as the flags are not. You should definitely not be abusing your fellow Yarrasiders ffs.

Anyway I love the idea of the Luna Park mouth, pretty convenient that it's already red and white too! Could somehow do a play on words with AAMI Park and a picture of the moon (luna)? Or maybe have the lips as the entrance to AAMI, and a caption of "our playground"? or "Melbourne's playground"?

Couple of quick ones to get the thread back on track.

redheads-02.jpg

Redhead matches, I think was originally and primarily based its production and manufacturing sectors in Melbourne prior to all things matches moving over to Scandinavia. Not entirely sure on this one factually speaking.

A353JohnBatman_20111001140008799147-200x0.jpg

John Batman, for obvious reasons and maybe John Pascoe Fawkner.

william-lamb-2nd-viscount-melbourne-and-queen-victoria-s-1st-prime-minister.jpg

William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne, Lord Melbourne. But, you also don't want a terrace filled with 19th century portraits like Eintracht. I think personally it'll look pretty good. Cliche'd to fuck, but you can add your reefs etc... Surely we can come up with more original design.

Homeward_by_angiethepirate.jpg

Not too sure on the ship Batman had sailed on when he disembarked in Melbourne, but I always thought a sailing ship in patronage to the founding boat would be pretty cool, image is only an example.

redheads-02.jpg

Redhead matches, I think was originally and primarily based its production and manufacturing sectors in Melbourne prior to all things matches moving over to Scandinavia. Not entirely sure on this one factually speaking.

William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne, Lord Melbourne. But, you also don't want a terrace filled with 19th century portraits like Eintracht. I think personally it'll look pretty good. Cliche'd to fuck, but you can add your reefs etc... Surely we can come up with more original design.

Not too sure on the ship Batman had sailed on when he disembarked in Melbourne, but I always thought a sailing ship in patronage to the founding boat would be pretty cool, image is only an example.

• Like 1

I love all flags except when that one gentleman holds up that 'just shoot' banner. That guy puts that banner up at the absolotly worst times possible

I was under the impression that while in the active area, your view maybe restricted at some stages due to flags and people standing etc.

Feel free to move seats if you can't see when I lift up the "Just Shoot" banner, after we have tried to walk the ball into the net instead of shooting, while the goal keeper holds the ball waiting to kick out and every player is looking this way. I will continue to listen to people around me saying "where's the banner, show them what to do!"

Good day to you sir.

The Flags are Staying! Its way better with the flags in the terrace, imagine all three bays, with flags, chanting. Now thats a culture I want to see.

To all the Flag Haters.........

:droy: :droy: :droy: no idea whats going on

Hear where your coming from, but active area is the place for flags

are you broken, no shit read the convosation before stepping in

The Flags are Staying! Its way better with the flags in the terrace, imagine all three bays, with flags, chanting. Now thats a culture I want to see.

To all the Flag Haters.........

:droy: :droy: :droy: no idea whats going on

I think you sir are the clueless one. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Flags go part and parcel with being in the terrace, as suggested before if you can't handle that a flag is waved in front of you then maybe yarraside isnt the place for you to be. However as you indicated that you do not want to move away from the atmosphere I have a suggestion.

All those who want to chant, but do not want to have their vision obstructed should move to bay 16, that way the active area can properly expand and we can have more ppl chanting across more bays

I love all flags except when that one gentleman holds up that 'just shoot' banner. That guy puts that banner up at the absolotly worst times possible

I was under the impression that while in the active area, your view maybe restricted at some stages due to flags and people standing etc.

Feel free to move seats if you can't see when I lift up the "Just Shoot" banner, after we have tried to walk the ball into the net instead of shooting, while the goal keeper holds the ball waiting to kick out and every player is looking this way. I will continue to listen to people around me saying "where's the banner, show them what to do!"

Good day to you sir.

Fair enough mate, I honestly don't know how you still have the balls to keep putting that sign up, some of the abuse you cop for putting that sign up seems to be a lot worse than when other flags are put up imo

Good day to you sir.

Fair enough mate, I honestly don't know how you still have the balls to keep putting that sign up, some of the abuse you cop for putting that sign up seems to be a lot worse than when other flags are put up imo

Yeh I don't really care what others say. It's an active area. See my sig. Lol

• Like 4

The Luna park entrance/face thing?? Might look better as a huge flag?

Great idea, it could be devouring a MV shield

Don't agree with that, we don't need MV shields on our banners. We shouldn't even acknowledge them unless we are playing against them. If they decide to chant about us each week (do they, I'm not sure) let them be, we are there to support our team first.

Good day to you sir.

Yeh I don't really care what others say. It's an active area. See my sig. Lol

Could you put like 'get fucked cunts' on the back of it, to show your opinion to those who don't agree with you putting that banner up :lol:

Don't agree with that, we don't need MV shields on our banners. We shouldn't even acknowledge them unless we are playing against them. If they decide to chant about us each week (do they, I'm not sure) let them be, we are there to support our team first.

Well said!

Love the Luna park idea though!

The Terrace has a lot of great elaborate flags with great detail on them, what makes these flags look even better is when they are need some less elaborate flags beside them providing blocks of colour.

Therefore IMO it would be just as useful for PPL who want to make something a bit easier to have a go at making larger patterned flags like these pictured:

tifofoto72kg.jpg

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

In addition to above, I have learnt that a red and white checkered flag in nautical meanings when shown to opponents/others means "You are running into danger". Something to think about, has some meaning to it!!

I think the checkered flag would better but some people would make the assumption that the flag is representing Croatia or something :/ the stripes would probably be safer

Good point.

In addition to above, I have learnt that a red and white checkered flag in nautical meanings when shown to opponents/others means "You are running into danger". Something to think about, has some meaning to it!!

I think the checkered flag would better but some people would make the assumption that the flag is representing Croatia or something :/ the stripes would probably be safer

Can see where you're coming from... See how we go..

redheads-02.jpg

Fucking LOVE the Redheads one. Would compliment Audrey quite well.

• Like 1

redheads-02.jpg

Fucking LOVE the Redheads one. Would compliment Audrey quite well.

yeh redhead one is sick