Melbourne Football

Flags and Melbourne icons

belaguttman

I noticed the Skipping Girl flag last night - great idea that got me thinking....

There are several Melbourne iconic images:

Skipping Girl

Beach Boxes

Trams

Shrine.

I'm sure that we can think of many others but as we Pride ourselves on being Melbourne, we should appropriate all of those images onto flags to show at games. It also stops that other team using them

• Like 2

flags are great as long as they dont block your site when a goal's scored

Did you not read the disclaimer on the membership brochure when purchasing your active membership?

celebrations are so much better when goals are seen.

and no i didn't, why would i need to?

Did you not read the disclaimer on the membership brochure when purchasing your active membership?

cos it would have stated that at times your view would be obscured.

and even if it doesn't it goes with the expectation of being in Bay 17

fair enough, couldn't be bothered reading anything like that and still cant

i did say they are good though

there's plenty of other yarraside members a little fustrated by the flags, but this is mainly because it's in the wrong part of the terrace and should be used lower down, not near the back blocking other peoples view

there's plenty of other yarraside members a little fustrated by the flags, but this is mainly because it's in the wrong part of the terrace and should be used lower down, not near the back blocking other peoples view

Incorrect. The flags are exactly where the should be. If you have a problem with having your vision of the game obscured, kindly move along to one of the other 22,000 empty seats where you shall be able to see unhindered.

This is what shits me about our supporters. They want to be near the noise, the action and atmosphere but are not willing to make the sacrifices to contribute to it.

• Like 5

Incorrect. The flags are exactly where the should be. If you have a problem with having your vision of the game obscured, kindly move along to one of the other 22,000 empty seats where you shall be able to see unhindered.

This is what shits me about our supporters. They want to be near the noise, the action and atmosphere but are not willing to make the sacrifices to contribute to it.

this is wrong. flags are fine, just seeing goals is what i like and i dont mind them blocking my view, its just if they are

for a long amount of time, and flags add to the terrace.

the part about wanting to hear the noise and not willing to make sacrifices to contribute is crap cause every week i'm there

chanting every chant as loud as i can, and get pissed off by everyone who doesn't, which is mainly the people in the middle.

this is wrong. flags are fine, just seeing goals is what i like and i dont mind them blocking my view, its just if they are

the part about wanting to hear the noise and not willing to make sacrifices to contribute is crap cause every week i'm there

chanting every chant as loud as i can, and get pissed off by everyone who doesn't, which is mainly the people in the middle.

you are saying every banner and flag has a time to go up and a time to go down yeah?

Edited by MrAiDaN66

this is wrong. just seeing goals is what i like

No. this is wrong. If you want to be guaranteed seeing goals and other events during play, the terrace is not the place to do it. Granted, it would be great if we could see everything all the time but our support comes before our personal satisfaction. It's just the way it is and like i said, plenty of free seats getting around.

The flags are going nowhere.

Edited by Braveheart

you are saying every banner and flag has a time to go up and a time to go down yeah?

yep

It really pissed me off, against Brisbane a few guys behind us kept yelling at people to put down the flags, then against Adelaide my mate gave the massive flag a wave for a while and people behind him yelled and told him to put it down. It was his first ever game and he was happy to do it to be part of the Yarraside when Ando asked for us to do so! Anyway he put it down and was confused as why would a flag be in there not to be used.

Anyway all explained to him but yeah, when people are willing to participate in the terrace particularly a first timer, to have people yell out to put it down is disapointing.

FFS. We only get 7,000 people in a 30,000 seat stadium. The active scene is not somewhere to stand and just want to watch every moment. It would be good if people who hear others telling people to put the flag down, to tell them it ain't gonna happen and why!

Delicate situation as we want more people in that area but surely you know what's expected. I never read the disclosure as I only became an active member after being nicely asked lol a couple of weeks ago, but surely it's common sense?

Rant over!

this is wrong. just seeing goals is what i like

No. this is wrong. If you want to be guaranteed seeing goals and other events during play, the terrace is not the place to do it. Granted, it would be great if we could see everything all the time but our support comes before our personal satisfaction. It's just the way it is and like i said, plenty of free seats getting around.

The flags are going nowhere.

i love the flags, but you cant say there in the right spot, cos against adelaide there was parts of the game where clearly it wasn't, + im as dedicated to supporting and chanting for the heart as you

first flags are demanded, now you want certain intervals for them to be waved dafuq just move more up the back or to the right/left of the flag a bit it aint hard, plus there is a big screen that shows replays :up:

:droy: getting annoyed now aha, dont want them moved just used in the right areas

first flags are demanded, now you want certain intervals for them to be waved dafuq just move more up the back or to the right/left of the flag a bit it aint hard, plus there is a big screen that shows replays :up:

:droy: getting annoyed now aha, dont want them moved just used in the right areas

right area's i thought the terrace was the right area, maybe we should try on the 2nd level?

No, we are listening but you don't seen to understand. We're not questioning your commitment to the terrace, we're just letting you know that the terrace is where the flags go.

To be completely honest, we don't have nearly enough flags in the terrace. We need a few more really big ones.

• Like 2

i'd suggest wave the flags on the top level of the wings but then it'd probably get complaints from green seats being unable to see.

there a propah naughtee bunch them, honestly as said before if you can't handle flags move somewhere else it all comes apart of the terrace not questioning your commitment either puzzelsone.

• Like 1