Melbourne Football

Trumpet Notes

Bozza

Need help lads!

I have a couple of basic chants sorted easy, but I am struggling to get notes sorted for many of them, and to be frank, I am struggling to pick which ones to do!

I need help in both choosing which chants to do, and to do first, and I need help figuring out the actual notes so I can play them.

I would like to be able to play at least 4 or 5 come friday. So far I am really only at 1.5

The easiest one was When the Hearts go marching in, I am working on the Garcia chant atm.

Shall I make a list that can be updated as time goes by?

This is the best I got for the Garcia chant so far - it's the piano version though so needs to be transposed up a key for trumpet. These pictures are the free previews of the first page - you had to pay to view the rest, so the end of the song is cut off but we should be able to work it out from here. Sorry if the pictures are too big!

post-838-0-11234600-1358381391_thumb.jpg

post-838-0-30281700-1358381392_thumb.jpg

Been working on the transposition, got most of it now, just not quite sure what the very last note is meant to be. Can you work it out Bozza? Thinking it might be a low A... Also I'm not really happy with how the second section sounds even though that's what the notes say. Thoughts anyone? Referring to the line that repeats 3 times.

Trumpet Version

D G G F A F G D

D G G F A F G

D G G F A F G D

D G G F A F G

C D E Gb E

C D E Gb E

C D E Gb E

E E E E E E ? „Garcia!“

Valve Version

13 0 0 1 12 1 0 13

13 0 0 1 12 1 0

13 0 0 1 12 1 0 13

13 0 0 1 12 1 0

0 13 12 2 12

0 13 12 2 12

0 13 12 2 12

12 12 12 12 12 12 ???? „Garcia“

Hmmm. On piano the pre Garcia would be

D F A C A

D F a C A

A A A A A D "Garcia"

You must be working from a different key Alex but if you're right the gap from A down to D is 3.5 tones which is the same as E-A which is what I suspected it was. So the final note is a low A on trumpet.

Working from that, the other line would be...A C E G E. Hmmm. That's quite different from the sheet music, but I guess if it sounds better who cares!

Also the Spain song would be epic but is a lot more complex and would definitely require sheet music. Find it and we can learn it!

Edited by GabiBoyd

Thanks for the help guys!

Fucking keen on this!

Let's sort this one for first home game next season, we will get what we need sorted to have it done, not sure I could get this one nailed (plus all the others) with the time left.

But hey, if someone can find the sheet music or at least get me started somewhere, I will give it a crack!

OK I have managed to prepare myself the following list. I can play each of them, not quite off by heart but I am sure by the end of tonight I will be.

Garcia

When the Hearts go marching in

Dale Cavese

Tifosi Melbourne

I can kinda do the Redmayne one, but I am not sure I like the way it sounds, gotta work on it.

I will see how I got with getting 'When I see you Melbourne' nailed and that should be a good number for tonight.

Any last minute requests for me to have a crack at?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Dunno about shithad but will be there on feb 9 for sure with an improved playing ability and music list!

Going to try and do a couple like You are in my heart or even some of the other player ones like Germano, Colosimo and Kalmar?

Will also work on Bando EsEs

Learn this

Followed by C'mon Melbourne.......... C'mon Melbourne Tatangula style (split the terrace)

This was done by the guy that played trumpet at South Melbourne back in the day. I dont think we should do this one.

(this guy)

Sitting in the Yarraside on friday night and seeing the trumpet being pulled out, I immediatley thought that we should DEFINANTLY try this out. Its simple, easy to remember and something that could get everyone involved. Back in the day, it was originaly done by

none other than Lefteri for South Melbourne, which i think is the only downside to us doing this (due to the clubs long tradition), ALTHOUGH i think we must try this, would spark some great atmosphere and will get the whole southern end buzzing. MUST TRY!!!!!

• 1 month later...