Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart Stats

LR9

Which is, at the moment, the number that I suggest is our potential fan base.

Another point I took out of the article was the comment that it is desirable to treat new STHs (season ticket holders) differently from bolted-on STHs. This point has been made several times on this forum.

• Like 2

Was just looking at our home averages and noticed our last 5 home games have seen our crowds increase by almost 1000, our onfield performance has always affected our crowd (obviously). if we keep up our performance on-field and our #onemelburnian initiative we could crack the 10k again.

round: 10 Perth Glory 4,505

12 Melbourne Victory 26,457

14 Newcastle Jets 5,641

15 Brisbane Roar 6,303

17 Adelaide United 7,181

• Like 1

So we have around 10,000 people who have committed to this club at one time or another. Where are these people? Why are they not coming back?

It shows we have got support out there but the type of support is casual. Something we need to develop. Get these casual supporters (not talking about the casual crew) to be full time supporters.

Throughout One Melburnian I have received emails, PM's on the forum and on twitter, messages on twitter of people bringing NEW people to the club.

It means the one time members there is still around 4,000 out there! The question is HOW do we get these guys back?

A membership base of 10,000 is very good. Something significant to work from to build into a huge supporter base. I know the capabilities it's all about converting.

People laugh when i say we can have 12,000 members next year. We can do it.

Again, we can make it happen.

You can set membership targets but if you haven't got the right strategies in place then it's useless. I've said it before community engagement is not enough. We need to be in the papers every day like collingwood football club. We need a high profile manager, we need a high profile player, we need simple ticket and membership allocation. Target one school per week. Give 50 free tickets to a school and then they will force their parents or friends to come. Enough said but I could go on and on.

• Like 1

You can set membership targets but if you haven't got the right strategies in place then it's useless. I've said it before community engagement is not enough. We need to be in the papers every day like collingwood football club. We need a high profile manager, we need a high profile player, we need simple ticket and membership allocation. Target one school per week. Give 50 free tickets to a school and then they will force their parents or friends to come. Enough said but I could go on and on.

Were you at the forum last night?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

11 games this season against the top four for 2 wins, 9 losses. Against the top two we have 5 losses, 0 wins.

Our only result (a draw of course) outside Melbourne came against Sydney when they were coming last.

Says it all. I personally think this year, the club has sent us three years backwards in all areas.

11 games this season against the top four for 2 wins, 9 losses. Against the top two we have 5 losses, 0 wins.

Our only result (a draw of course) outside Melbourne came against Sydney when they were coming last.

Says it all. I personally think this year, the club has sent us three years backwards in all areas.

in 3 years the club has never gone forwards where it matters which is ON THE FIELD. too much damage has been done and many potential fans may have been lost because the club haven't been proactive in this area. surely it cant get any worse than this. we should just start all over again.

I was looking at the "Players" age on the FootballAustralia website I noticed under "Saves" that Melbourne Heart holds the number nine AND 10 spots; Redmayne in 9th and Bolton in 10th with 51 and 41 saves respectively.

The goalkeeper in top spot is Galekovic with 81 saves and only two saves behind him is Theo.

So, if we were to add our two keepers' saves together = 92, it translates to either:

a.) Melbourne Heart has the leakiest/weakest defence, or

b.) Melbourne Heart has really good goal keepers.

Which one is it?

I'm putting my money on a) considering BRFC and AUFC have conceded 28 and 34 goals respectively and sitting on 0 and +3 goal difference whereas we have conceded 36 goals and sitting on -6 goal difference.

Edited by Red or Dead

If you watch the way that Dortmund play, when they lose the ball they move forward up the pitch and counter-press. This requires some skill as it has to be done as a team so it also has to be done by the players without the ball. This means that it reduces space for the attacking team at the moment of transition, their most vulnerable time, and it makes it likely that Dortmund will win the ball ack higher up the pitch. We drop back at the moment that we lose the ball, and this creates space for the attacking team, both for the payer with the ball and for players off the ball to make a run. Very often during second halves we lose defensive shape, we stop being compact, we sit too deep and too flat and it allows opponents to have too many shots on goal

• Like 1

Interesting that Bolton has 10 less saves with 1 more game played, and we had also conceded 2 more goals (I guess Redmayne could equal that this week)

I'll see if I can lay this out properly...

Bolton              Played     W/L/D     Points     Conceded     Goal Dif.

13        3/7/3         12              19                -4

Redmayne           12        5/7/0         15              17                -2

I am by no means stating anything with this. Just interesting to look at.

How many penalties have we conceded this season? I seem to think it's quite a few. I always feel that the officials are very quick to award against us.

6 penalties. Not sure if that's a lot compared to other teams. Interesting. Closest to us in goals conceded is Adelaide United (Heart 36, Adelaide 34). By my calculations of those 34 conceded by Adelaide only one is a penalty.

(Of course we would have to go through all the clubs to get meaningful comparisons.)

Edited by jw1739