Melbourne Football

Matchday 26: v Newcastle - Monday 23rd March 7.30pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Harrison

Seems like this match is going ahead. Very confused at the moment though. Guess it’ll be the same squad as Friday.

Could be the very last match of the season for some time. If it goes ahead though, I’m guessing the viewership numbers could be pretty high given there isn’t much live sport on anywhere. 

29 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

A truly bizarre situation. Not sure what to feel. 
cant imagine playing in the game would be very easy.

There seems little point in pushing ahead with these matches unless the League is absolutely certain that it will complete the season. And as we've seen from the AFL what is "certain" one day is the complete opposite 7 days later.

I thought that fox were insistent on the A League playing a minimum of 130 games? which means 11 more to be played to meet this requirement. If FFA postpone it, or better still the government implemets a lockdown or something similiar, the FFA will not have defaulted on the agreement. That means Fox cannot claim that the FFA and A league defaulted on the contract and cancel the next three years of broadcasting. IMO it will wrap up after tonights game with an official Postponement so no announcement of a 'winner'. 

If state borders are closed by late this week, then there’s no way they can play the rest of the matches. So the first season we look on track to reach a Grand Final and qualify for the ACL a global pandemic hits, it’d be funny if it weren’t so serious 😞

Edited by Dezy94

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Why is this going ahead but the Perth v. WU is postponed? Has WA closed its border?

I believe they are about to, not sure of western could get out if they played tonight 

But I'm nowhere near an expert in this, I'm still trying to work out if I need to go work after tomorrow 

Edited by neio