Melbourne Football

Streamers

Melburnian

The main issue I see it the stadium won't like things being thrown. The will deem it unsafe, even though it's just paper. Also if the are laying around people might get tangled in them. Also a fire hazard, although streamer don't burn that well.

Also, the stadium will probably bill the club for extra clean up. They would most likely have a contract and if there's extreme mess like that they will bill the club. So that would probably make the club shitty.

If done and it does cause issues, or even before it causes issues maybe try to organise with the club that the guys at the front pull them forward and drag them down and dump over the fence. They won't make a big pile. At the end of the game as few guys (I have no issue doing it myself) chuck them in garbage bags for the cleaners to cart off. Shows taking responsibility and taking control. I would only take couple of mins with a handful of guys.

In saying that though we all know how over the top the rules are these days. So they will be shitty no matter what :P

So it would have to remind and stealth type thing. But they are some of the arguments I can see coming out if it.

i say fuck em' all , fuck em' all

Yeah, I say just do it and worry about it later. Just some of the things that will probably come up and we might have to play politics long term. Bit of give and take. Because at the end of the day they have the power to take away our toys if they really want to :(

And all the shit will probably come back to YS even if they don't even touch a streamer.

But lets live on the edge for now ;) haha

i say fuck em' all , fuck em' all

Yeah, I say just do it and worry about it later. Just some of the things that will probably come up and we might have to play politics long term. Bit of give and take. Because at the end of the day they have the power to take away our toys if they really want to :(

And all the shit will probably come back to YS even if they don't even touch a streamer.

But lets live on the edge for now ;) haha

exactly!

at the most i reckon a warning would be issued but you gotta live ;)

for this too work and actually look good it would require thousands of streamers, which will cost alot. anything less and it will look silly and half assed.

edit: as Footballism said any tifo for derbies would not be organised in this section. I think our tifo crew has done us well in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Edited by malloy

for this too work and actually look good it would require thousands of streamers, which will cost alot. anything less and it will look silly and half assed.

edit: as Footballism said any tifo for derbies would not be organised in this section. I think our tifo crew has done us well in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

I agree with everything you say here.

We need to do this right. 1000 of streamers is needed. 20 people buying 50 each. 40 buying 25 each. Ill chip in for a fair bit more. Can be done but needs planning.

Home game also. This is about us at our home.

Getting a collection of 1000 together in theory shouldn't be that hard (theory the key word), if we organise right. The trick is getting the word out to people. Can't exactly put up a big notice.

Then the hard part is getting them out to people. Can't exactly walk around with a big bag or 10 in our pockets either. It will stand out. And there's never a 1000' people at the pub to take one each.

It would be great if long term we could make "bring a streamer to every home game" a part of every supporters routine.

This way each supporter can help create great colour/atmosphere over a month for the equivalent cost of four dim sims under the stand. One streamer per home game is not that expensive.

Now how to get it started?

• Like 1

Now how to get it started?

Think the first thing we should do is get some prices and tell everyone we know and find out what the numbers are like for people chipping in. Get an idea of how many we can get and by when. Then I guess we can work out ways of collection, or getting them in and distributing etc and work out a game and then people go out and buy. Otherwise people might buy a shit load and no one else joins in and they have wasted their time and money.

Just playing with some numbers here; Bay 17 has 846 seats and 36 rows, which works out 24.5 seats per row. Yarraside takes up 13 rows of the bay according to the seating map I'm looking at which comes out at 318.5 seats in total. Given how much everyone crams in I'd estimate that there would 340 people in the active area on game day. 340 people with 4 streamers each is 1,360 streamers and if you could manage to get them direct for around 70 or 80 cents each, it would work out costing a little bit over $1,000.

These estimates are very rough however.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1