Melbourne Football

Behich for National Team

Tesla

15 minutes ago, cadete said:

Hang on I thought I was an idiot cos Behich was a permanent NT fixture from the beginning of the Asian Cup on... :roll eyes:

No, it's because you said he would never get a game in the Turkish league and he would never play for the Socceroos, both of which were very much incorrect.

Behich's problem is he is behind two quality young LBs who have really emerged as national team options since after the Asian Cup, if we were back to a Behich vs Davidson situation I'd put Behich first.

Also fwiw, going back all those years to when I said Behich should play for the socceroos, a large part of it was because of the lack of options, not because I thought he was a world class left back in the making. Simply he was better than what we had, and that was proven by the fact he did go on to get a number of games for the Socceroos including at the Asian Cup.

Still 3rd best LB option for me, Davidson is rubbish and can only perform  for 3rd rate teams in the overrated Dutch league (I reckon Behich's team would beat Davidson's team fwiw).

• Like 1