Melbourne Football

Behich for National Team

Tesla

Aziz’s problem as far as the national team is concerned IMO is that he is more a natural Wing Back than a Full Back.

Although he plays well as a Full Back at A League level, when he plays higher levels of football his defensive work could become more exposed.

In saying that he has certainly improved in that area of his games and has continued to become a better player throughout the year.

Edited by cadete

Aziz’s problem as far as the national team is concerned IMO is that he is more a natural Wing Back than a Full Back.

Although he plays well as a Full Back at A League level, when he plays higher levels of football his defensive work could become more exposed.

In saying that he has certainly improved in that area of his games and has continued to become a better player throughout the year.

Yeah I agree.

He is still young though, and another solid season of defensive work could see him improve on that further.

I have said this before, if he could shoot or cross he wouldn't be playing for us.

I remember Nick Hornby writes something like this in Fever Pitch about when he used to watch a local lower divison side when he was at Cambridge, each player only had a few certain skills as if they had required anymore they would be playing for much better sides rather than where they were applying their trades.

Behich can obviously shoot.. Did you guys miss the Newcastle and Perth goals where he scored and assisted in either game with an absolute scorcher.

But his 1 on 1 with Mat Ryan last night was a pretty pathetic attempt, but the guy had just sprinted 80% of the pitch length to get to that position, so credit where credit is due.

He's definitely been our most consistent performer this season.

Although he's very fit, if he can take it to the next level, and work extra hard on his defending.. We could see him called up in an A-League based Socceroo's squad.

This guy is amazing. If he could just learn to shoot he'd be hot propert overseas. His composure (except for in front of goal) and ball control is epic. Fantastic career move into left back! Fuck off Heffernan.

My FIFA stats for him:

Workrate - 20

Speed - 18

Agility - 18

Acceleration - 20

Stamina - 20

Ball Control - 20

Passing - 19

Through balls - 16

Crosses - 12

Strength - 15

Tackling - 16