Melbourne Football

Matchday 24: v CCM - Friday 20th March 5.30pm at Central Coast Stadium

Harrison

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You don't think he was pulled down? 

Didn’t look it to me or the ref or VAR. He needed to be stronger there, that’s all.

6 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Pretty tidy work just now too. 

The guy is classy. Needs to be more effective going forward but can’t deny he’s skilful. Should’ve buried the one earlier on.

Edited by Harrison

2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Didn’t look it to me or the ref or VAR. He needed to be stronger there, that’s all.

The guy is classy. Needs to be more effective going forward but can’t deny he’s skilful. Should’ve buried the one earlier on. 

Appeared pretty clear to me but each to their own 

1 minute ago, Red or Dead said:

Hopefully Kisnorbo has seen enough of Wales to leave him on the bench in the next game in favour Najjarine or Genreau!

I just want PK to coach from the sideline with his shirt off

• Like 2

I just watched the game, I enjoyed it and it seemed that I saw more than I usually would.

Grifiths has been a revolution at cb.

Noon isn't that great, quite lackluster.

Wales is wales.....just why.

Berenguer is a funny one, I like that finally he is hitting his shots with some kind of conviction rather than a little girl, but he was absent tonight on the whole.

I think we played one of our bad games but we won, but I think we kinda went through the motions.

I worked a 12 hr day today, joking about corona, I'm a bit disapointed, but happy we won.

I tried to remain optimistic that I could maintain interest after the fan-ban but even after what should have been an engaging game, I felt nothing. 

Do we know if the A-League is persisting with a finals series yet? Sadly, I really hope not.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Harrison said:

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Completely lost his footing.

I saw the slow motion from another angle. I stand corrected. Apologies. 

Damn I tried hard to be diplomatic and give him benefit of the doubt. Another balls up effort from Jamo that had cost us. 

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Geez i thought Berenguer was pretty good tbh

I agree. I feel like his worst games are where he is either anonymous or constantly turning it over, but I thought he had good impact last night and saw a lot of the ball

Was an entertaining game.  CCM had nothing to lose and rather than shut up shop,  they attacked,  which made for a goal fest. 

JMac is back,  I saw it last game that his confidence was returning,  so hopefully he can get on a run of scoring again. 

I thought NA was good and Glover is class ... that save where he pinched the ball off the feet of the striker. 

Harper behaved once he was reminded that EM would be listening to his drivel.

And that dude behind the fence, a club legend.  If that was an AFL game,  it would have made the news and he'd be interviewed on breakfast tv. Not that it should be encouraged,  but the theatre of just a scarf and an arm being the only trace of a support is something that you could never have imagined.  And then the boys acknowledged him at the end of the game. Fantastic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nate said:

I tried to remain optimistic that I could maintain interest after the fan-ban but even after what should have been an engaging game, I felt nothing. 

Do we know if the A-League is persisting with a finals series yet? Sadly, I really hope not.

I too hope that the League calls it a day with the Premiership.

In view of the rapid spread of the virus  IMO that's the right thing to do. I actually think that it's arrogant of sporting bodies to think that their sport is so important that they should override the general advice being given - that we should all avoid unnecessary risk of exposure to help slow the spread of the sickness so that those who really need intensive care and treatment can obtain it rather than the scenario in Italy where the health system is overloaded.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Geez i thought Berenguer was pretty good tbh

Yeah nah, no end result - would like to see  more of him against woodenspooners. My comment was more around the 70th to 80th minute, he looked out of legs and couldn’t even set up a one two anymore.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Was an entertaining game.  CCM had nothing to lose and rather than shut up shop,  they attacked,  which made for a goal fest. 

JMac is back,  I saw it last game that his confidence was returning,  so hopefully he can get on a run of scoring again. 

I thought NA was good and Glover is class ... that save where he pinched the ball off the feet of the striker. 

Harper behaved once he was reminded that EM would be listening to his drivel.

And that dude behind the fence, a club legend.  If that was an AFL game,  it would have made the news and he'd be interviewed on breakfast tv. Not that it should be encouraged,  but the theatre of just a scarf and an arm being the only trace of a support is something that you could never have imagined.  And then the boys acknowledged him at the end of the game. Fantastic.

JMac - did I hear correctly that he's leading the Golden Boot by 2 goals?

Atkinson - better option on the wing than Noone.

• Like 1