Melbourne Football

MHFC positive appreciation thread

Hazzaverx

Amongst all the negative banter, threads with sacking as their main topic, there needs to be a place of positiveness. A thread where one can turn to and know that only positives will be posted, a place where I can read people's views and not feel the need to jump ship because we lost a game, or lose faith in a player because they missed a shot we all think we could've scored.

This my friends, is the MHFC positive appreciation thread.

To kick things off I will list some positives of this season.

- gerhart & tadic: two signings who were hurriedly signed to replace the gaping holes in forward and attack

Left by babalj, good and Hamill respectively

- 2-1 away derby win: no need to explain

- Mebrahtu: finally someone who can take a set piece and isn't afraid to take on defenders and looks like they will stick around

- 4-1 Brisbane: proving we can stand up to a championship winning side and play top quality football.

- youngsters coming through: vrankovic, walker and mitchinson, all developing well, showing we can stick to our policy of giving youngsters a chance and sticking it to those who feel we don't stand for anything.

We are the yarraside, one of the best terraces in the league. A team I am proud to support. Please, do the same

• Like 1

Aziz Behich is one of the best players i've ever seen wear the red and white, absolute legend. He deserves his own appreciation thread tbh.

Also they've recruited very well in terms of overseas players (not including Gray, i don't consider him an overseas player since he was scouted from Oakleigh). Germano/Gerhardt/Tadic are all great players. Kudos to the club

Edited by Che

We have to stop looking back at the past, sure we won the opening derby, and that's been the highlight of the season, and there's only been a few but at the moment we have the right to be negative, at the moment we are in a shambles, bottom of the table, losing games week in-week out, playing the same way every week without changing it.

We have to stop accepting bad, and looking back at the "FEW" highlights we have.

There is no doubt we all love the club, but they don't deserve our love/support at the moment and surely people can understand that.

We have to stop looking back at the past, sure we won the opening derby, and that's been the highlight of the season, and there's only been a few but at the moment we have the right to be negative, at the moment we are in a shambles, bottom of the table, losing games week in-week out, playing the same way every week without changing it.

We have to stop accepting bad, and looking back at the "FEW" highlights we have.

There is no doubt we all love the club, but they don't deserve our love/support at the moment and surely people can understand that.

I understand that, but understand this, I'm sick of all the sack *** threads and wanted a thread where we could talk about what we love about the club currently and not why we're hating it atm. Please and thankyou

I understand that, but understand this, I'm sick of all the sack *** threads and wanted a thread where we could talk about what we love about the club currently and not why we're hating it atm. Please and thankyou

But we have reasons for all those threads otherwise they wouldn't be there..

But we have reasons for all those threads otherwise they wouldn't be there..

I think you're missing the point. I'm perfectly aware we have reason to complain. But I would like there to be somewhere else to read where we can talk about positives too

Positives:

Mitchinson looks a real player. Behich is one of the best in the league and Garcia looks like he is enjoying himself enough to want to stay around next season. Make him captain.

Gerhardt and Tadic look like good finds for us.

Hopefully the signing of Edwards is evidence we lack a ball playing, technical midfielder and we will go back to playing this way.

Another positive is things can't get any worse, low crowds, losing games, our rival on the up.... We are still here, fans are passionate (even if they say stupid things when drunk) and we have the rest of the season to make a mark.

Good thread.

We only need to look to Victory to see what hysteria can do with the sacking of merrik the mehmet debacle and all the board fallouts.

The fact is we have a well run club with a management and board that does not panic. They are obviously taking a slow build approach to the club which takes time but creates a solid club.

I am confident in Aloisi's ability. Yes, we have had a terrible year in terms of results but I think aloisi needs to be cut some slack. He in experienced and deserves time. Plus we have had some bad luck this year

Lets face it. Management saw something in Aloisi so they obviously beleive in him. They are the professionals, we are not.

And besides our youth team is tearing it up in the NYL and we easily have the best kit in the leauge.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

I also think, if you take a step back and look at the majority if matches we play, we dominate, so if we can capitalise on chances more often, not only do I believe we could make finals, but we could do well and make it past first and possibly second round

Take the derby for example, we were all over them.

Even the central coast game the first time we played them, only separated by a good free kick

Positives for me.

Patrick Gerhardt, one of our four best players. Would like to see him taking a leadership role on the field. Vice-captain?

Richard Garcia. Would like to see him stay and take the captain's role.

Jeremy Walker and Sam Mitchinson have shown they can handle the A-League. Would like to see them signed to senior contracts.

David Vrankovic. Another youngster who has stepped up and done well.

Golgol Mebrahtu. (If only we'd known he had OP we might have been less critical of him earlier.) At last someone who can take a set-piece (he scored an almost identical goal in the pre-season at Langwarrin).

Stefan Mauk and Cameron Edwards already signed for the seniors next season - our youth development is not dead.

And us. The supporters. Whatever we might say and threaten to do we're still there, through thick and thin. And it's been pretty thin recently.

Positives for me.

Patrick Gerhardt, one of our four best players. Would like to see him taking a leadership role on the field. Vice-captain?

Richard Garcia. Would like to see him stay and take the captain's role.

Jeremy Walker and Sam Mitchinson have shown they can handle the A-League. Would like to see them signed to senior contracts.

David Vrankovic. Another youngster who has stepped up and done well.

Golgol Mebrahtu. (If only we'd known he had OP we might have been less critical of him earlier.) At last someone who can take a set-piece (he scored an almost identical goal in the pre-season at Langwarrin).

Stefan Mauk and Cameron Edwards already signed for the seniors next season - our youth development is not dead.

And us. The supporters. Whatever we might say and threaten to do we're still there, through thick and thin. And it's been pretty thin recently.

Add Aziz Behich to the list. The bloke epitomises all that I want from our team. 110% effort nearly every game, never say die attitude and passion for the club - he didn't shake hands with the Vucktree crew after the derby!
  • Like 1

It's hard to find anything positive on the field, but yes at least we've signed Gerhardt, Garcia, and some good kids. Gerhardt, Garcia and Behich should be fit and ready to go this week, and with Germano, should make a difference.

But the biggest positive is probably the passion and loyalty of supporters who care so much about the club. It's hard times right now. But whether you're angry and demanding change, or just happy to support the team every week regardless of form, the club needs you. Keep making your voices heard.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 2

We have a more balanced list this year, it reflects a first year coach opting for experience on the park as well as the risks of losing good young players like we did last season. All our new signings have been good, I'd like to give Gray more time given how well he did play in Hawaii before I pass judgement on him. We've promoted some good young players both on senior contracts and from the NYL team, the problems have really been with existing players, however it would have been an unacceptable gamble to have cleared out Fred, Thompson and Colosimo before the season started.

We have both the best dressed coach and the most eccentrically dressed assistant coach in the league and the best playing kit. We have a tactically astute coach who has yet to successfully grapple with the issue of creating a successful team. Our Grella signing will bear fruit if we can get him fit and our iterest in Beckham has got us press coverage that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

We have a fantastic stadium, I wish that we could train on it more often.

Our membership is growing, albeit too slowly.

Room for improvement:

teamwork and team mentality

away 'form' (what form?)

fan engagement by the club

membership

need a good CB

Positives:

Kids, such as Walker and Mitchinson have held their own at most stages in games.

Gerhardt has been one of our more consistent players.

When Tadic is in form he is lethal.

Garcia is a gun, who is the team's most important player, without him we look woeful going forward.

Behich and Marrone earning Socceroos caps and that is about it

Cudos to the thread. Great idea.

My highlight and positive is watching Tadic and Garcia working together. They are both quality players with great touch and vision. I know results are everything, but to see them link up and create opportunities just brings a smile to my face. It's on another level to what we mostly see on the park, including the opposition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, two wins on the trot and the place is buzzing. Tune out of the forum for 24 hours and you've got a fair bit of catching up to do. Well done to everyone getting behind the team and contributing. Especial cudos to Melburnian for his membership drive. Keep the good vibe going folks - just another reason I simply enjoy being involved with this club.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I live in Brisbane and only recently started to getting into the A-League as my friends are avid Roar fans. Been to a couple games but being born in Melbourne I really wanted to support a Melbourne team and the Heart seemed to be a perfect fit. An emerging club in an emerging sport in Australia with a small but loyal fanbase that focuses on rewarding hard-working youth which are the foundations of a strong club.

Love the colours. Love the kit. Love the logo. Love the passion from the supporters. Love the Heart.

• Like 4

Hey guys, I live in Brisbane and only recently started to getting into the A-League as my friends are avid Roar fans. Been to a couple games but being born in Melbourne I really wanted to support a Melbourne team and the Heart seemed to be a perfect fit. An emerging club in an emerging sport in Australia with a small but loyal fanbase that focuses on rewarding hard-working youth which are the foundations of a strong club.

Love the colours. Love the kit. Love the logo. Love the passion from the supporters. Love the Heart.

Welcome mate. :D

• Like 1

Brisbane chapter of HeartFC