Melbourne Football

Everyone has a toilet paper story, here is mine.

Jovan

Some Sundays I get up early and like to get just baked bread, anyway on reaching my local supermarket which carpark was very full, i kept seeing all these people leaving with toilet paper in their trolleys. Bonus finally thought, but when I got to toilet paper aisle it was as empty as it's been for days. Shit I thought I must have just missed out, so I went to get some milk, and then saw these people lining up and being given out toilet paper from the storeroom doors. As I went to join the line a bloke out of nowehere cut in, me being cool and relaxed told him thats fine you go, there's obviously plenty.

As soon as I get to the door the young chick dishing out the packets turns to me and said that's it, no more, the bloke that cut in heard and turned around, looked at what he was holding at then walked off. 

Nobody else knew what happened except me and him. 

Went into Woolies to get some small items (tooth paste, Strepsils etc), saw they had 4packs of bog roll so I decided to grab one.

Went out to the car and some lady walked past and congratulated me on buying some. I came back out of Aldi and saw her leaving Woolies with a trolley full.

• Haha 2

A woman lined up outside the local woolworths at 6.55am dressed in her pyjamas, runners and dark sunglasses claims she jumped out of bed to come here and is a fast runner and will get to the toilet paper first. Proceeds to sprint to the back of the store amongst the hundreds of people to claim her prize. Then goes and lines up to pay. Then goes to her car and returns to repeat the process again. Then repeats the whole process a third time. 

Edited by n i k o

I could've give a fuck about bog rolls, I'll shit in the tub if I have to. 

My story is being on the other side, I am the dreaded bulk buyer... but hear me out. 

I just started a business with my wife making wholesale handmade Alfajores  (Argentinian Biscuits) and we buy 20-25 sticks of butter a week, 30-40 eggs, 4 kilo of sugar etc etc. My regular supplier got cleaned out by all the other big businesses so I only have the supermarkets as an option right now. Man oh man, I walked out of Coles with MY REGULAR weekly bulk buy for the business and I copped so many snoody comments and dirty looks. The girl at the counter was tripping the fuck out as to why I was hoarding 5 litres of vanilla essence.

I don't bother explaining to people that I run a business, I just walk past them with 20 kilos of self raising flour and a cheeky smirk.

Boomers admire me though, I'm like Batman to them right now. 

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Amazing how everyone was so 'generous' when the bushfires were on but the minute something happens to them 'i better start acting like a complete fucking selfish asshole'

"True character is revealed in the choices a human being makes under pressure - the greater the pressure, the deeper the revelation, the truer the choice to the character's essential nature."

• Like 2

On 17/03/2020 at 1:42 PM, HeartFc said:

I could've give a fuck about bog rolls, I'll shit in the tub if I have to. 

My story is being on the other side, I am the dreaded bulk buyer... but hear me out. 

I just started a business with my wife making wholesale handmade Alfajores  (Argentinian Biscuits) and we buy 20-25 sticks of butter a week, 30-40 eggs, 4 kilo of sugar etc etc. My regular supplier got cleaned out by all the other big businesses so I only have the supermarkets as an option right now. Man oh man, I walked out of Coles with MY REGULAR weekly bulk buy for the business and I copped so many snoody comments and dirty looks. The girl at the counter was tripping the fuck out as to why I was hoarding 5 litres of vanilla essence.

I don't bother explaining to people that I run a business, I just walk past them with 20 kilos of self raising flour and a cheeky smirk.

Boomers admire me though, I'm like Batman to them right now. 

I can identify with this, I home brew various stuff and walking out of the shop with 20Kg of sugar got a few looks, no comments though disappointingly.

12 minutes ago, moops said:

I can identify with this, I home brew various stuff and walking out of the shop with 20Kg of sugar got a few looks, no comments though disappointingly.

I'm probably putting a little bit of mayo on the comments part, most were people saying shit under their breath or whispering to someone. I do see the potential of full feral mode soon though, I am in Queensland after all.

Good luck on your next run. 

• Like 1