Melbourne Football

Round 13 - Wellington v MelbourneHFC - Thurs, Dec 27, 5.30pm

Caddy

i went carzy wehn mebrhatu scored, but was pissed when we lost, the first goal was completely hoffmans fault, bolton didnt even seem mad that we conceded that goal. But at least we can do 'he scores when he wants' to mebrahtu next week. BTW one of the few free kick goals we have ever scored from

spot on, I was shocked to see we actually scored from a free kick, But what a strike thou. Very impressive. We need more of this!...JUST SHOOT!

Heart is now exactly where I expected them to be before the season started. We cleared our best young talent that were on the up for this season and didn't adequately replace them. Good, Hamill, Babalj and Goodwin. All cleared. We also cleared Terra. Then throw in the loss of Dugandzic due to injury. Instead of Good and Hamill we're now relying on error prone Colosimo who wasn't getting a game last year. Of the senior players Fred, Thompson and Colosimo need to go. Fred is playing very poorly and does not lead as a captain. Thompson has not improved while the A League has. Bolton looks like he could be on the decline. Why also waste a visa spot on Grey or is it Gray - a 30 plus foreigner who doesn't get a game. Of the younger players Hoffman has been very ordinary. What's happened to the football we were playing in our first two seasons? We now struggle to hold onto any possession. Unless it's Colosimo dwelling on the ball and then passing sideways or back to Bolton. If Aloisi expected this Heart side to seriously challenge for a top four spot then he massively overrated the squad or underrated the strength of other A League sides.

Some absolutely moronic posts in here.

Let me be clear in saying this. If you legitimately want this club too fold, then fuck off now. You are not a supporter of this club. You are not needed here, and you are as much a problem on our club as the people who are in charge right now.

People slate the administration, look at the supporters as well. This club will never succeed with fickle fans like you trying to actively undermine our existence and legitimacy as a football club.

I can understand that rubbish from the Mongs, but coming from our own on here is fucking deplorable.

Pull you're heads in, or get the fuck away from this club and forums. We don't need cancers like you following this club.

• Like 2

Yeah all the talk of 'shut the club up now' is pretty dumb and fickle. I won't be shocked if one or two posters are mongs trollz stirring it up a bit. Even with some poor performances I'd be distressed if we gave anyone the ass mid season. It's not what I want my club to stand for its the mongs territory. I would however like to see short term pain that has an upside. I feel as a supporter that there were very few upsides to yesterdays performance. I suspect the club does have a poor neighbour underdog attitude and needs to do something to shake this (look at how its fucked the LA Clippers for so long). It's not how we perform or how good our players are that concerns me it's the attitude of the team and until that is fixed we aren't going anywhere. I suspect the players have little faith in the game plan and when plan a fails there is no plan b. The club need to find away to help Aloisi learn and grow to see us go forward at this stage.

We all knew this season was about breaking even, for better or worse. You are invested in that, all you pricks threatening to walk out.

Where was this in the membership brochure? The club has promised us that they were going to play 'exciting' football as well as scoring 'lots of goals'. No one asks for miracles, but mate it is clear that there is a number of players who are just not providing effort. Wether or not aliosi has lost the players i don't know however, it is clear he is not the right man for the job. No ones threatening to walk out, people just want to actually see some type of effort to win a soccer match. Thats all

Some absolutely moronic posts in here.

Let me be clear in saying this. If you legitimately want this club too fold, then fuck off now. You are not a supporter of this club. You are not needed here, and you are as much a problem on our club as the people who are in charge right now.

People slate the administration, look at the supporters as well. This club will never succeed with fickle fans like you trying to actively undermine our existence and legitimacy as a football club.

I can understand that rubbish from the Mongs, but coming from our own on here is fucking deplorable.

Pull you're heads in, or get the fuck away from this club and forums. We don't need cancers like you following this club.

I think people were letting their emotions speak hence why the "fold now" posts. having said that, I still would never say that. I left Victory (not that I was a hardcore supporter as I probably attended a dozen games) so that I can follow a team from scratch and style the way we would like to see in Australia.

This season is still not over but if this continues I hope the club does a massive re0shuffle on who stays and who goes players and coaching staff. I will still buy my membership along with my dad and convince the two I brought in this season will do the same.

I'm not sure Hoffman was tottaly to blame for that first goal, i Thought Vrankovic could accept part of blame for playing the ball into such a dangerous area when Hoff was already under pressure

This is how I saw it also. Certainly Hoffman didn't handle it well but Vrankovic did set him up.

Edited by The Aardvark

These "Shut the club down" posts are complete nonsense. The Melbourne derbies are now established as one of the highlights of the A League season. Question is, are they made by Heart members, or folks who just post on Forums to bignote themselves, or by Victory members/supporters? Just look at the way Heart put in for the derby, then compare with what was dished out at Wellington. The fight was missing, the sort of fight that Frank Farina got from Sydney FC yesterday when they defeated the Mariners.

• Like 1

Why rest Garcia and Behich for such a big game??

Because the team is really unfit and has been all season. Out of all the players that went to play for Australia, ours are the only ones that have needed rest.

Good point. I hate to say it but Archie Thompson was also in the East Asia cup squad and played as much as Richie Garcia, yet Postecoglou does not rest Thompson. Look how Thompson has performed since he got back, and he is a GERIATRIC......Yet we rest 2 important players for a crucial game against Wellington. Surely at least one of them could have started on the bench? How important would their experience have been in the last 20 minutes?

Why rest Garcia and Behich for such a big game??

Because the team is really unfit and has been all season. Out of all the players that went to play for Australia, ours are the only ones that have needed rest.

Good point. I hate to say it but Archie Thompson was also in the East Asia cup squad and played as much as Richie Garcia, yet Postecoglou does not rest Thompson. Look how Thompson has performed since he got back, and he is a GERIATRIC......Yet we rest 2 important players for a crucial game against Wellington. Surely at least one of them could have started on the bench? How important would their experience have been in the last 20 minutes?

Unfortunately I think this is the type of management mistake that we will see from a novice coach. If our players needed resting, then the CCM game was the time to do it. CCM the league leaders - give a couple of Young Hearts another opportunity up against the league's best. The match NOT to rest players was Wellington - that was the one we had the better chance of winning (as the score and the way the match panned out ultimately proved).

• 10 months later...

I can't help but think of that second game of the season when Colosimo got himself sent off and we drew against a bunch of kids. We just lack mongrel.

Now we are bottom of the league, the ladder doesn't lie.

And the fact we have not won a game outside Victoria for a WHOLE year.

I blame the board for going with JA.

My God I can't believe this was nearly a year ago.