Melbourne Football

Round 13 - Wellington v MelbourneHFC - Thurs, Dec 27, 5.30pm

Caddy

The whole board and football department are taking the piss out of us !!

This!

It all starts and ends with the board.

They are not willing to invest in our club and are not being serious, it's a waste I'm telling you. It filters down the club where the excuses like no funds are being said.

They aren't giving 100%.

The thing is though I doubt we have other potential board members waiting for a spot. Who would want to put in?

They should put the money in a get the best technical director that they can afford that can say to the board, you guys sit back and drink your boutique beer, I got this shit.

This!

They are not willing to invest in our club and are not being serious, it's a waste I'm telling you. It filters down the club where the excuses like no funds are being said.

They aren't giving 100%.

The thing is though I doubt we have other potential board members waiting for a spot. Who would want to put in?

They should put the money in a get the best technical director that they can afford that can say to the board, you guys sit back and drink your boutique beer, I got this shit.

Hahaha! Put money in! That's funny!

Our club and the board won't invest in itself. They are trying to do it on the cheap.

They haven't realised it won't work.

When they get a crowd of 1,500 next week, and next year membership numbers go backwards from fuck all, I wonder if they will wake the hell up!

• Like 1

This!

They aren't giving 100%.

Our club and the board won't invest in itself. They are trying to do it on the cheap.

When they get a crowd of 1,500 next week, and next year membership numbers go backwards from fuck all, I wonder if they will wake the hell up!

I don't think that they are trying to do it on the cheap, they are trying to be financially responsible. Easy for us to say that they should spend more money - it's their own money not ours, but they could have spend it more wisely, and it would help if they communicate their plans with us.

Seen this posted on the Mongs Forum but fuck me what a disgrace. The community club just doing it's bit for local football eh ?

Bolton - Qld

Gray - Ireland

Marrone - SA

Mitchinson - WA

Vrankovic - NSW

Thompson - NSW

Hoffman - NSW

Fred - Brazil

Tadic - Croatia

Williams - QLD

Mebrahtu - QLD/Eritrea

Didn't someone from the club say the clubs aim was to win the championship this year at the start of the season. Where is that desire to win

It was actually Aloisi. He said something like "I'm going to be under pressure, so I might as well try to win the thing."

Seen this posted on the Mongs Forum but fuck me what a disgrace. The community club just doing it's bit for local football eh ?

Bolton - Qld

Gray - Ireland

Marrone - SA

Mitchinson - WA

Vrankovic - NSW

Thompson - NSW

Hoffman - NSW

Fred - Brazil

Tadic - Croatia

Williams - QLD

Mebrahtu - QLD/Eritrea

Yeah, but they're still jealous :)

This!

They aren't giving 100%.

I don't think that they are trying to do it on the cheap, they are trying to be financially responsible. Easy for us to say that they should spend more money - it's their own money not ours, but they could have spend it more wisely, and it would help if they communicate their plans with us.

No point investing in a football club the way they are going about it.

You need to spend money, not skimp on funding.

Have you seen our staff? The low numbers? Try ringing the club and you won't get anyone answering.

Look at the facilities, state league teams have more.

Coaching staff on the cheap.

Medical team on the cheap.

Fitness staff on the cheap.

Club employees? How many doing what?

This is not the way. These people should never have wanted to invest in a football club if they didn't want to spend any money.

As Emerton scores we go to the bottom of the table. I disagree with the above about motivation of players. You play for the gaffer and if you don't he ships you (or gets shipped!!).

It's crunch time and as i said in the Visitors thread we have four games (now three) to turn this ship around. If that doesn't work then JA must be sorted, Fred,Dmac, Colossimo, Bolton, Thompson, Hoffman and Kalmar "rested", and the kids played with a view to the future. I'd rather see lambs fail than mutton not give a shit at all!!

• Like 2

The first 20 minutes, you could see us pressing agressively, putting pressure on the Phoenix and getting rewarded for it.

Then we increasingly sat back until the whole game was watching us defend and then give away possession, hoping to survive. It's the same shit every time we travel and I'm fucking furious.

Win, lose or draw, all I wanted today was to see us have a go. But it was another pathetic, spineless performance. Once Phoenix started getting so much possession in their own half, it was only a matter of time before we conceded goals.

The board has to take action now. I haven't been in favour of sacking Aloisi, but I think the board has to sit him down and give him an ultimatum - we can't keep playing like this. It's not what the club is supposed to be about. This approach is not only losing us games, but it's giving the supporters absolutely nothing - no excitement, no hope.

And I'm sick of these pointless threads about the club can't do anything right, won't spend money etc etc. The club has been run very well IMO, and I believe it's recruited well. But for one obvious, stupid mistake - overlooking Milicic and hoping Aloisi could do the job. He's been given enough time to implement his plan A. It clearly hasn't worked. We have to change it now.

Summed it up perfectly great post.

I can't help but think of that second game of the season when Colosimo got himself sent off and we drew against a bunch of kids. We just lack mongrel.

Now we are bottom of the league, the ladder doesn't lie.

And the fact we have not won a game outside Victoria for a WHOLE year.

I blame the board for going with JA.

Edited by alexandro

Fuck off then, you pack of fair weather cunts.

Yea, JA is a shit gaffer. Yea, some players aren't up to it - but the majority of the squad is pretty fucking decent. We should be up there, we should be having a crack. More now than ever the club needs you to get behind them.

We all knew this season was about breaking even, for better or worse. You are invested in that, all you pricks threatening to walk out.

You want a club, then fucking well participate. Get to the pub for away game, get to the home games early, get an Active Membership and start pushing for change.

Pretty spot on. I think a lot of people are just real pissed off and letting their emotions do the talking though.

But agree completely with the part about breaking even, although the squad got my hopes, up the lack of money put into coaching staff and facilities makes things harder.

I think the supporters are just as average though to be honest. I know you can't expect that many to rock up, but look at Bling FC. Good, loud crowd tonight and they beat the league leaders. Too many only there to see wins, and not enough doing it out of passion.

What a horrible year.

Mistakes been made from top to bottom.

Time for answers from Scott Munn, John Diduluca and John Aloisi.

If answers aren't good enough, time to leave our club. Performances have been shocking.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You are always a pessimistic douche, who the fark are you saying to leave our club. Fark off.

We did play absolutely diabolically. The amount of times I screamed at the tv "HOLD THE FARKING BALL" I've lost my voice.

Absolutely depressing and disheartening.

There are a lot of words being said after this loss and the fact the team has gone bottom of the league that I am sure would not be said within a day or so. We have to remember the team was undermanned today that was always going to make it difficult to get something from the trip to NZ. The thing that disappointed me was the way the boys went defensive after taking a 2-0 lead. Why change tactics, keep being positive and I am sure if they done this we would ll be in a better mood. Having said that things have to change at the club because at the moment we have too many passengers in the squad.

Edited by George Cross
  • Like 1

Not me you pack of sooks! I ain't leaving this fucking club! Be there like I am every fucking week!

I want changes fucken! The fish rots from its head is what I'm saying! If these employees of our club can't answer the questions right, we need to demand change!

Geez, I need to write proper English!

I understand what you meant now, but you're still saying all this folding shit on the previous page. Never a time to say that shit.

• Like 1

There are a lot of words being said after this loss and the fact the team has gone bottom of the league that I am sure would not be said within a day or so. We have to remember the team was undermanned today that was always going to make it difficult to get something from the trip to NZ. The thing that disappointed me was the way the boys went defensive after taking a 2-0 lead. Why change tactics, keep being positive and I am sure if they done this we would ll be in a better mood. Having said that things have to change at the club because at the moment we have too many passengers in the squad.

That's exactly the problem George, it's how they played and the mentality, not the result

Not me you pack of sooks! I ain't leaving this fucking club! Be there like I am every fucking week!

I want changes fucken! The fish rots from its head is what I'm saying! If these employees of our club can't answer the questions right, we need to demand change!

Geez, I need to write proper English!

I understand what you meant now, but you're still saying all this folding shit on the previous page. Never a time to say that shit.

Call it frustration, not just on the game today but the fact the club are sitting on their hands doing nothing. They won't do anything to make this club something. Pack of heartless pricks.

We lack winners at this club off the field. But I believe in the fans. Now is time for fans to do something. I'm coming back from rosebud for the next game. Every supporter needs to show to represent this club and demand change.

Frustrating sitting here at my beach house, stunned and pissed off when mates are enjoying themselves. This club shits me. Hurts me deep! I will polish off this slab tonight wake up in my own spew and it will be another day.

• Like 1

Reminds me of that Perth game earlier in the season. Before the games I would have accepted a loss. It's just the performance which disappoints me so much. That second half I reckon the possession was 95% to 5%. What changed so much from the first part of the game?

It's a problem.

Result is one thing. The way we sat back and let those half breeds attack and attack and attack us was the final straw. Inept performance alround.

Anyone hear what our excuse maker himself Say after the game!? Weather?