Melbourne Football

Round 13 - Wellington v MelbourneHFC - Thurs, Dec 27, 5.30pm

Caddy

Ouch. No Gerhardt, Behich and Garcia! Massive outs. Would be delighted with a point. I'd go with...

Bolton

Marrone- Gray- Vrankovic- Mitchinson

Germano-Thompson

Fred

Golgol- Tadic- Williams

Redmayne, J. Walker, Kaya, Hoffman/Macallister

Don't like having Hoffman or Macallister on bench. I am not as anti Hoffman as most but I think his main strength is his tank to run all game, something that doesn't suit coming off the bench. I have made my feelings about D-Mac only being suitable to replace Tadic clear.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Squad-Announcement-Round-13/56641

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1. Clint Bolton (Gk), 2. Michael Marrone, 5. Fred ©, 8. Matthew Thompson, 9. Dylan Macallister, 10. Josip Tadic, 11. Richard Garcia, 13. Jonatan Germano,14. Golgol Mebrahtu,15. David Williams, 16. Aziz Behich, 17. Jason Hoffman,18. David Vrankovic, 20. Andrew Redmayne (Gk), 21. Steven Gray, 22. Nick Kalmar, 24. Sam Mitchinson, 25. Jeremy Walker, Ersin Kaya

*Four to be omitted*

I would keep my XI with Kalmar on the bench instead of Hoff/D-Mac

So glad immigration let Tadic go to Wellington after his visa bungle. If we were without him I would be worrying about our chances. Still Walker and Mitchinson are capable as is Vrankovic, but I still have concerns about Gray at CB.

Gray will impress and show that JA should be sacked on the spot for persisting with his mate Colosimo all season.

JA made a massive mistake when he played the three returning Socceroos against CCM. This decision has now got worse with needing to rest these guys in a must win game.

Shocking management. Should be hung by his nuts for these errors.

At the time of that game we had Mitchinson and Walker playing well and not conceding goals.

JA has a lot of work to do to show he is capable.

• Like 2

Wellington - 4

Melbourne - 1

Not a chance we will pick up a point this game, with our first 2 CB unavailable.

The nix to run all over us to all but end our season(as if it isn't already).

Looking forward to 2013-14 season now, hopefully a few of the youth kids can step up to permanent first team football.

mate sorry to say this but your a shit fan... you have no belief in your club

no mate, I'm a realistic fan.

People continuously are making up false hope in every game to only be let down each and every week.

It's not that I don't have belief in my club, I do have complete faith in everything they are doing, except for the stuff they are putting on the football pitch. The club is giving me (or any of us for that matter) nothing to get excited about on the pitch.

So glad immigration let Tadic go to Wellington after his visa bungle. If we were without him I would be worrying about our chances. Still Walker and Mitchinson are capable as is Vrankovic, but I still have concerns about Gray at CB.

Gray was good against K-League and MLS opposition in the Hawaii tournament

Gray will impress and show that JA should be sacked on the spot for persisting with his mate Colosimo all season.

Quoting for future tesla's gonna tesla

I am looking forward to seeing how Gray fares in the A-League. From what I saw of him pre-season this game is suited for him to make his debut. From what I have heard he has been doing well in the NYL and so he should do alright asuming he adapts to the quicker standard of first team football.

He has experience in the top league of Ireland as I understand and I am not sure our league is of a much higher standard.

By this time tomorrow we will know more of what he is about.

I suppose that if we were getting better results we could afford to be giving reserve players such as Gray some time on the field in A-League matches. As it is, with the prospect of getting out of the bottom four diminishing each game, JA has gambled by putting what he thinks is his best XI on the park each week. He gambled on the CCM game and lost, both the game and now two of our most consistent players this season.

As a club we gambled on Grella and look like we've lost. We gambled on a squad of 21 and look like we've lost there too. We have refused to sign injury-replacement players. These gambles have put pressure on what was already an under-strength squad, and now we're paying for it.

That said, I'm sure Gray, Vranks, Mitchinson, Little Walker and Kaya will stand up if they're called upon.

JW, I suspect this season has been all about holding the fort until the tely deal was done to cover wages. As it has worked out some of the young boys have come in and excited, but overall the results have been just out of our reach.

Gray impressed me pre-season and I would like for him to do well, but I agree it would have been better if he had come in without having his selection forced upon JA. Having said that he was signed to provide experience and in Colosimo's absence Gray is our most experienced centre half.

Our signings next season will demonstrate the ambition of the board, but until then we have a competitive side and lets hope they get up tomorrow afternoon.

Surely JA would realise behich plays his best football on the wing , surely let him get further up one game soon.

I'd be more than happy for Walker to play LB while behich is given a shot up the pitch more.

Dumb thing to say, just becasue he is a good attacking left back, doesnt mean he would make a good left winger. He was tried in that position at Victory and when he came to the Heart, he failed. Hes proved to be a quality left back and thats where he should stay. If Walker wants to play he can fight Behich for the LB spot, our best and most consitant player shouldnt have to adapt his game to a left wing role which he has already proven that he cant play.

Agree with fullback and winger differences.

Fullback= more space, can just run and then dish off

Wing= more attention from defence, delivering final pass

We have the best fullback in the league, be happy!

FWIW if we kept Goodwin I'd go other way than most with Goodwin at LW. Like Goodwin's final product.

Edited by Rocco Jones

Ah, guys, from what I've seen Walker plays on the right. Mitchinson plays the left.

Correct.

Mitchinson should be a regular in the first team. Definitely good enough and proven it.

I think he is a great option for the bench due to the versatility he offers us. Can go to LB, allowing Aziz to pinch hit at LW or emergency CB.

Fuck, now we are missing Garcia behich colosimo and gerhardt

This is like the last time we played them... Exept opposite.

Freaky shit

Well if we can pull off a draw over there I'll be happy.

Will be interesting to see a few new faces on the park, I hope the boys can pull it off and give JA some headaches over selection.

Grey to surprise and play well on debut

and never to play again lol.

i agree there's so much goddamn negativity. i was saying last night that outside of maybe sydney, we're the only fans across the league throwing our arms up and saying "well we can't make finals now, might as well sack aloisi and fold the club". i appreciate we have a higher expectation amongst us but really, we are and always will be the underdog. finals success at the moment is slightly out of reach sure, but anything is possible.

Ah, guys, from what I've seen Walker plays on the right. Mitchinson plays the left.

Correct.

Mitchinson should be a regular in the first team. Definitely good enough and proven it.

What? Why...

Because he is probably our most talented youth player, can play a multiple roles for us and when he played last time was very good and as a team we looked more solid in defence.

We then dropped him for no reason other than to rush our national players back and that decision has come back to bite us today. Aloisi has shown his lack of knowledge here.

With JA getting the job it was meant to be because we can transmission easily and nothing changes. Yet our playing style has changed, our promotion of youth has changed, actually nearly everything has changed.

Mitchinson is a top, top talent. Lets not fuck this up like we did with Goodwin.