Melbourne Football

The Australian Open Thread.

Butty

buried thread has been unburied (much fun was had flicking through dis 1)

I've never actually been to the Open before (been playing tennis since I was 10 but have never really got into the professional tour) so I bought a ground pass for Wednesday, any tips/recommendations/insight into what calibre of matches I might see? Am I better hanging around the showcourts or Hisense?

I'm a pretty big Tennis fan and get a lot of enjoyment out of wandering around all the show courts and watching a variety of different matches. There's often some pretty good matches regardless of the ranking of players, I personally reckon it's a better dayout than sitting in the big courts and getting force-fed whatever they send out.

If you're more of a casual fan and just want to see some of the more popular players I'd reccomend just hanging around Hisense or the two biggest showcourts though.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

BTs guide to the Australian Open

1. Buy ground pass

2. Go straight to Heineken Beer Garden early to avoid hour long lines

3. Stay there all day and enjoy the atmosphere and somechoice beverages. Tennis on the big screen plus decent live acts = better than the actual tennis