Melbourne Football

The Coronavirus Thread (We nearly didn't see City in the 2021 Grand Final)

CityWildcat

12 hours ago, bt50 said:

No, my original post was this;

Elimination at what cost though? The longer we keep these measures in place, the further into debt the government and economy go and the more severe the recession/depression. Indirectly that will see suicides, homelessness, poverty and drug use skyrocket and potentially you kill more people than you save. I'm certainly not suggesting its a black and white distinction, but i think we need to be very, very careful we don't end up with a cure worse than the disease.

I think quite clearly I'm asking the question of at what cost are you prepared to 'eliminate' the virus, making mention of the side-effects that come into play by doing so. The only opinion i'm expressing is the need for careful thought when dealing with the situation at hand.

Going back to your original post three things have happened in the last week: Q&A (a show I don't watch but do read the recaps) had an economist who argued teh same thing that you did; it emerged that a group of prominent economists, including Ian Harper and Warwick McKibbin who are about as right wing as you can get, signed a letter not to lift the lockdown too early as the longer term costs would outweigh the short term gain; and Sweden is doing just as you suggested for the same reasons. So far the number of deaths in Sweden puts them in the top 10. It is interesting that the Swedish professor accuses the rest of the world of being unscientific when in reality all responses are based on assumptions. Speaking to my Swedish cousins, they are saying that most of their friends are voluntarily following the rest of the world with self imposed lockdowns and the fear is real. My tip is that in five years time both sides will claim they were right.

16 hours ago, playmaker said:

The whole thing is a set up, and as a medical scientist I totally agree with everything this guy is saying due to what I observe on a daily basis.

There is no virus, there are no deaths, there is no scientific proof that this pandemic is real and it all points to an agenda on a scale that the world has never seen before, that is, a propaganda machine that instills fear so that citizens blindly accept whatever the government is offering.

Assume that everything you understand is wrong and look at the world with a renewed mind (No preconceived bias) as you will see more clearly so to establish truth.

What kind of medical scientist are you? 

At least we can agree on your third point. Truer and more applicable words have never been spoken.

14 hours ago, playmaker said:

An example of the total fakery of this made up rubbish. What a joke.

Wow what a coup.

Imagine the joy and relief they found when the public discovered this clearly unfakeable tape where in the space of 40 seconds random officials manage to get out all the key phrases conspiracy theorists have been saying for months including literally saying the words "it's a hoax". And thank god we had "Officer Tatum" there to explain it and comment on it, a better credentialed and more impartial youtuber you will not find, Trump shirt not withstanding.

I could edit this to have Pingu noises playing over the top and it would look just as convincing and be just as reputable, even moreso if i got highly respected and obviously neutral Warwick Capper to explain what it all means to us. 

*Sorry I broke the don't feed the troll rule.

Edited by The Aardvark

3 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

Wow what a coup.

Imagine the joy and relief they found when the public discovered this clearly unfakeable tape where in the space of 40 seconds random officials manage to get out all the key phrases conspiracy theorists have been saying for months including literally saying the words "it's a hoax". And thank god we had "Officer Tatum" there to explain it and comment on it, a better credentialed and more impartial youtuber you will not find, Trump shirt not withstanding.

I could edit this to have Pingu noises playing over the top and it would look just as convincing and be just as reputable, even moreso if i got highly respected and obviously neutral Warwick Capper to explain what it all means to us. 

*Sorry I broke the don't feed the troll rule.

Um, I watched it live.

But again instead of seeing if it is true you attack how it is reported.

Did you see for yourself if it was in fact true?

Of course not.

Maybe you should be as critical to the talking heads you see every day on the idiot box and see if the unrelenting disinformation THEY spew out is true or not.

But you won't.

Maybe you should start.

18 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Um, I watched it live.

But again instead of seeing if it is true you attack how it is reported.

Did you see for yourself if it was in fact true?

Of course not.

Maybe you should be as critical to the talking heads you see every day on the idiot box and see if the unrelenting disinformation THEY spew out is true or not.

But you won't.

Maybe you should start.

You could become rich and famous if you blew the lid on this global conspiracy. How cool would that be? To start with, you’ll need to infiltrate the secret scientific community of thousands of experts who work in microbiology and other medical fields, who are being bought off by the Illuminati to peddle fake science. That should be easy because they are silly people who work in labs all day. As a medical scientist you would undoubtedly know many gullible fools who work in science.

It’ll be even easier to infiltrate the global community of millions of healthcare workers who are also being paid to help propagate this fake pandemic. I’m confident you can find one though, the therapist/doctor from the video above is a good start but he’s probably been whacked by Bill Gates already so you’ll need to find someone else. Just show them a few of those videos you’ve posted on this forum whilst winking and bribe them with money...one will crack. Don’t even bother with the media, they’re idiots and don’t even have souls or consciences, so they can’t be bribed with money or fame.

The WHO, UN and the 192 odd countries with their federal, state and local governments and all of the medical, scientific and economic advisory bodies could be tricky to infiltrate because people who work for governments are not even human, they’re drugged/mind-controlled lizards or maybe even AI bots who are programmed only to lie about the work they do. Good luck with them. Maybe one has malfunctioned and will let you in on the conspiracy but I doubt it. I wouldn’t even trust those politicians who don’t believe the conspiracy because a conspiracy would always make sure there’s some doubt right? It’s like when dictators rig their own elections and win 99.98 per cent of the vote. 100 per cent would just look suspicious and is a dumb move.

Maybe the weakest link in this global conspiracy chain are the grave diggers. Their business is booming right now, but sooner or later one of them will make a mistake and not properly bury one of the mannequins they’ve been using as ‘real bodies’ and you’ve got your proof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Ba app sci majors in

Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Bio Chem, psychology.

electives including nuclear physics, Biological effects of radiation, statistics and probability.

You could become rich and famous if you blew the lid on this global conspiracy. How cool would that be?

Don't care tbh and fyi the lid has already been blown off, problem is the consensus peer review model is basically a politicised cronie religion.

To start with, you’ll need to infiltrate the secret scientific community of thousands of experts who work in microbiology and other medical fields,  who are being bought off by the Illuminati to peddle fake science. That should be easy because they are silly people who work in labs all day. As a medical scientist you would undoubtedly know many gullible fools who work in science.

again, all the information is public

It’ll be even easier to infiltrate the global community of millions of healthcare workers who are also being paid to help propagate this fake pandemic. I’m confident you can find one though, the therapist/doctor from the video above is a good start but he’s probably been whacked by Bill Gates (His agenda is public!) already so you’ll need to find someone else. Just show them a few of those videos you’ve posted on this forum whilst winking and bribe them with money...one will crack. Don’t even bother with the media, they’re idiots and don’t even have souls or consciences, so they can’t be bribed with money or fame.

You make good points, spend more time on this issue and you would be surprised at what you find.

The WHO, UN (their agenda is public! Enough said.)and the 192 odd countries with their federal, state and local governments and all of the medical, scientific and economic advisory bodies could be tricky to infiltrate because people who work for governments are not even human, they’re drugged/mind-controlled lizards or maybe even AI bots who are programmed only to lie about the work they do. Good luck with them. ( You really don't know how it all works do you? )

Maybe one has malfunctioned and will let you in on the conspiracy but I doubt it.

There is no conspiracy when the data does not support the consensus, again, anyone can access the data and apply basic scientific principles to establish truth, that's what science is, and any criticism should be encouraged and embraced rather than what this politicised peer review system does, which is to silence any criticism of research that has obvious flaws but yet this same flawed 'science' manages to become the basis of political agendas that get vomited out by MSM. The amount of misinformation by politicians and media is an absolute joke and the way they push their narratives to divert attention away from the true science is criminal.

I wouldn’t even trust those politicians who don’t believe the conspiracy because a conspiracy would always make sure there’s some doubt right? It’s like when dictators rig their own elections and win 99.98 per cent of the vote. 100 per cent would just look suspicious and is a dumb move.

Maybe the weakest link in this global conspiracy chain are the grave diggers. Their business is booming right now (have you got proof of that or is it just an assumption?), but sooner or later one of them will make a mistake and not properly bury one of the mannequins they’ve been using as ‘real bodies’ and you’ve got your proof.

Ultimately it's up to you, I post what I do because I hope that people are realizing that a lot of things aren't right. My posts give people the opportunity to consider what many already know is true and which is hidden from the general population. 

People can choose to either be a victim to the illusion being cast by the warlocks in power or choose to entertain the idea that what they believe to be true on face value is not truth and that perhaps they should truly seek and investigate new information with unbiased preconceptions and use their inherent logic to analyze, test, measure and let the new possibilities lead them where ever it does and to understand that the destination is irrelevant so long as the Truth is found.

I am not important, you are not important,

however

The unshackling of the mind IS important and people should do whatever they need to do to achieve this.

We all have free will to choose either way.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Ultimately it's up to you, I post what I do because I hope that people are realizing that a lot of things aren't right. My posts give people the opportunity to consider what many already know is true and which is hidden from the general population. 

People can choose to either be a victim to the illusion being cast by the warlocks in power or choose to entertain the idea that what they believe to be true on face value is not truth and that perhaps they should truly seek and investigate new information with unbiased preconceptions and use their inherent logic to analyze, test, measure and let the new possibilities lead them where ever it does and to understand that the destination is irrelevant so long as the Truth is found.

however

The unshackling of the mind IS important and people should do whatever they need to do to achieve this.

The only key issues I have fundamentally with the points you raise and I’m not doubting your credibility or profession is that I also know someone who is involved in researching the Covid-19 strand in a lab and although they share similar thoughts in the deadliness of the virus and that to them it has been blown out of proportion how much of a threat it is. What they disagree on with your points is that this is very much a thing, it’s not made it up, it exists and it is doing damage and resulting in thousands of people dying. Your asking people to do there research, not only do I do my research but I also Know someone working directly with it and they disagree with a lot of what your saying, how do you explain that?

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

however

So is the SARS-COV-2 virus not a real virus? Is COVID-19 not a real disease? Are people not dying? Did China and America not shut down huge swathes of their economy at a massive cost to themselves? Or are they just doing it for some other reason?

I hope for your sake you’re just trolling. It’s a good effort if you are. 

Probably a controversial view, but I can't really see that one of the first hospital services to be reinstated with the gradual removal of virus-related restrictions should be IVF. TBH I would have thought that this would be one of the last. IMO that's a political decision rather than a health-based one.

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Probably a controversial view, but I can't really see that one of the first hospital services to be reinstated with the gradual removal of virus-related restrictions should be IVF. TBH I would have thought that this would be one of the last. IMO that's a political decision rather than a health-based one.

Look at Stalin over here, first he wants to kill everyone with corona virus, now he doesn't want anyone to reproduce Jesus.

I think theirs a perfect job for you in the not to near future in North Korea...

Edited by kingofhearts

There's something fishy going on. Look at the pattern and mass manipulation at play here...

Stage 1: "Wash your hands with alcohol based sanitiser".

Stage 2: "Wash your hands with warm soapy water".

Stage 3: "Wash your hands with cold soapy water".

Stage 4: "Wash your hands with water".

Stage 5: "SuBmiT to BiLL GaTeS Led NWO maSs vaCciNaTion/MicrO cHippinG PrOgrAm".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Look at Stalin over here, first he wants to kill everyone with corona virus, now he doesn't want anyone to reproduce Jesus.

I think theirs a perfect job for you in the not to near future in North Korea...

Actually, I was the one who wanted the virus to be eliminated from Australia so that there would be no future deaths...quite the opposite of what you now accuse me of.

On 23/04/2020 at 2:27 PM, Harrison said:

You could become rich and famous if you blew the lid on this global conspiracy. How cool would that be? To start with, you’ll need to infiltrate the secret scientific community of thousands of experts who work in microbiology and other medical fields, who are being bought off by the Illuminati to peddle fake science. That should be easy because they are silly people who work in labs all day. As a medical scientist you would undoubtedly know many gullible fools who work in science.

It's not the Illuminati, it's the lizard people. They have recruited thousands of fanatical scientists in Environmental Science and in Medicine, they are all utterly dedicated to instilling one world Government that will take away property rights and make us all Communists. If you live in the administrative area formerly known as the USA, the one world lizard overlord Government will also take away your guns. Luckily, there has been no leak of our dastardly plan, until now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

It's not the Illuminati, it's the lizard people. They have recruited thousands of fanatical scientists in Environmental Science and in Medicine, they are all utterly dedicated to instilling one world Government that will take away property rights and make us all Communists. If you live in the administrative area formerly known as the USA, the one world lizard overlord Government will also take away your guns. Luckily, there has been no leak of our dastardly plan, until now

Makes sense. Now i know why you are so cold blooded when you do your post match pros and cons ya bloody reptile!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Judging on what we experienced at Woolworths Highett on Sunday afternoon, once lock-down restrictions are eased so-called social or physical distancing is not going to be overly effective in controlling COV-19. Many people including shop staff were paying no attention to the 1.5m recommendation. I'm not sure that too many even know what 1.5m actually means.

FMD there are some dumb shits around.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Judging on what we experienced at Woolworths Highett on Sunday afternoon, once lock-down restrictions are eased so-called social or physical distancing is not going to be overly effective in controlling COV-19. Many people including shop staff were paying no attention to the 1.5m recommendation. I'm not sure that too many even know what 1.5m actually means.

FMD there are some dumb shits around.

I shop at the markets and IGA but it is difficult to keep and maintain the 1.5m. What I find really annoying are people who stare at shelves, pondering, thinking just grab the effing thing and get a move on. Or those who can't walk on a straight line whilst texting.

9 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I shop at the markets and IGA but it is difficult to keep and maintain the 1.5m. What I find really annoying are people who stare at shelves, pondering, thinking just grab the effing thing and get a move on. Or those who can't walk on a straight line whilst texting.

Or worse, the same people who pick up an item, put it back, scratch their chin to think, then grab another, then put the item back again!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Harrison said:

More than 3 million positive cases worldwide now. US has almost 1 million of them. Death toll at more than 205,000. 

We’ve done very well. Only 6,727 cases and sadly 84 deaths. 

64% of our cases can be positively linked to a primary infection overseas. We've done very well so far. But IMO we must be vigilant and not let our guard down.

I had to go to Bunnings Mentone this morning. Similar experience to shopping in Highett on Sunday afternoon. People seemingly not understanding the physical distancing requirement, both staff and customers, both sexes, all ages. Plenty of school-aged children also there - so much for on-line schooling. People are either ignorant or just plain stupid.

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

Without getting into conspiracy theories about whether or not the virus is real, I’m interested to hear people’s thoughts on the Covid app and the merits vs the dangers

Merits are pretty clear and obvious imo. Real question is whether or not you trust the government to do the right thing with the data. For me, the answer is yes, but i fully appreciate why people might not.
Certainly if you were living in Russia or China then the script writes itself.

Edited by bt50

Without getting into conspiracy theories about whether or not the virus is real, I’m interested to hear people’s thoughts on the Covid app and the merits vs the dangers

I'm waiting for the next major app update to make my decision

From what I've read it seems to be safe enough but it's obviously not completely safe. If the government put the Biosecurity Act determination into legislation then that would fix the biggest issue for me. 

Compared to other countries who have used this kind of technology, ours is fairly non-intrusive and secure. 

Probably the best we could hope for except for the issue above. Whether it's effective or not, I'm not really sure, but it's another useful tool to have.

As a matter of principle: I will download it when Barnaby Joyce does. If the Government can't even convince its own members to use it, then i don't have to.

(P.S. yes i support the intention of the app and will carefully follow all social distancing and isolation rules). 

• Like 1

Its funny how China are threatening a trade boycott. Go ahead mother fuckers, it'll only help Australia in the long run.

3 step radical move and we completely flip the switch.

• Nuclear power 
  • Bring back Australian manufacturing 
  • Stop food exports 

We'll suffer badly from mining exports, education and a real estate but fuck it, lets save this country and stop letting our poli's sell us off to China. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, HeartFc said:

3 step radical move and we completely flip the switch.

• Nuclear power 
  • Bring back Australian manufacturing 
  • Stop food exports 

We'll suffer badly from mining exports, education and a real estate but fuck it, lets save this country and stop letting our poli's sell us off to China. 

IMO not as badly as at first glance. With mining we get to keep some really precious resources for ourselves for long-term availability, in education we can simply close down - in some cases whole institutions - facilities that have been set up solely to cater for overseas students, and those overseas students won't be able to subsequently stay and take Australian jobs as they do at present, and the top-end of real estate will become affordable to some Australians once again.

Mind you, we'd have to beef up our defence forces very significantly.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO not as badly as at first glance. With mining we get to keep some really precious resources for ourselves for long-term availability, in education we can simply close down - in some cases whole institutions - facilities that have been set up solely to cater for overseas students, and those overseas students won't be able to subsequently stay and take Australian jobs as they do at present, and the top-end of real estate will become affordable to some Australians once again.

Mind you, we'd have to beef up our defence forces very significantly.

Careful watch you wish for.

A large number of the O/S students are funded by cashed up families and they generate alot in the local economy.

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Careful watch you wish for.

A large number of the O/S students are funded by cashed up families and they generate alot in the local economy.

That very cash is why our leadership is on their knees sucking that china dick. China spent years creating heroin addicts, slow inching away at us, making us sell our souls at the expense of our own country. Thats the whole point, we gotta suffer now to benefit in the long run. 

We're extremely educated, mineral rich and well geographically positioned. We could easily be self sustainable and build a strong military. All we need is some nukes and a strong missile defence system and we become a pretty decent foe. (Oh and the bonus is, have already 250,000 soldiers guarding a Northern land invasion... Salt water crocs!) 

That may sound extreme and unnecessary but trust me, based on our current timeline we either become a mining and food hub for China through corruption or through war. Id rather set up the defence blocks now. History shows now turns to never pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

That very cash is why our leadership is on their knees sucking that china dick. China spent years creating heroin addicts, slow inching away at us, making us sell our souls at the expense of our own country. Thats the whole point, we gotta suffer now to benefit in the long run. 

We're extremely educated, mineral rich and well geographically positioned. We could easily be self sustainable and build a strong military. All we need is some nukes and a strong missile defence system and we become a pretty decent foe. (Oh and the bonus is, have already 250,000 soldiers guarding a Northern land invasion... Salt water crocs!) 

That may sound extreme and unnecessary but trust me, based on our current timeline we either become a mining and food hub for China through corruption or through war. Id rather set up the defence blocks now. History shows now turns to never pretty quickly. 

We have to change our society too - we're too self-centred and self-indulgent. Chinese society is much different - that same group of people that will meet after dinner to go dancing in the local square is the same group that will respond as one in any form of emergency. They are very tightly organised at a street level. And they hate the United States in particular, and are very tired of being the target of the hostile rhetoric of the U.S. over many years. They're smart, well-organised, well-educated, technologically advanced, work hard, and are very proud of their enduring culture.

• Like 1

Just bluster at present.
China need us too, but they are bully boys (see Hong Kong & Taiwan) and under this bloke that’s their style -either bribe (with Trojan horses) or bully. 

They’ve lost a lot of face after this CF they started and desperately don’t want an independent enquiry. To be honest I’m surprised by their lack of political skill on this. The classic political response would be oh yes there will be an inquiry and then manoeuvre things so it’s the opposite of independent.

What really pisses me off is China’s behaviour is just so wrong. China under Deng was a far better neighbour than China under Xi.

What it all means? I think we are better off standing up to PR China bullies now, but we don’t have a hope alone, without some heavy weight mates. India is one we desperately need on our side.