Melbourne Football

The Coronavirus Thread (We nearly didn't see City in the 2021 Grand Final)

CityWildcat

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Because of the advice to "stock up for a few days" from this Murphy bloke there's been panic buying of meat at our local Coles this afternoon.

Fucking stupidity to advise people to do that.

Morrison needs to get his act together quick smart or there will be trouble.

Went to the supermarket yesterday afternoon and there was no meat left - no chicken, beef or lamb. Well there were chicken wings but can’t make a curry with chicken wings. 

Even at the supermarket this morning things felt a bit on edge. Everyone’s a bit tetchy. 

Edited by Harrison

Yep same in Brisbane. I waited in line at the register for 45min. Got some each supplies, nothing crazy. Plenty of people really on edge and stressed the fuck out. 

I think we'll see a complete shut down like Italy when he reach 1000 cases, which will likely be within 10 days. I hope not but thats where its looking at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Went to the supermarket yesterday afternoon and there was no meat left - no chicken, beef or lamb. Well there were chicken wings but can’t make a curry with chicken wings. 

Even at the supermarket this morning things felt a bit on edge. Everyone’s a bit tetchy

So sydneysiders haven't drained the shelves (at least not at Kings Cross Cole's) but fuck me the edgyness. I've never experienced anything like it everyone was looking at each other like they're the enemy was so strange. I did notice there was no music playing, unsure if deliberately done by Cole's or not.

Also calling it now 1 mil world wide by months end.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I love how those communist cunts are now trying to pretend this was started by the seppos.

Posting known Russian fake news links as their evidence. It's a new tiananmen, they'll pull the wool over the eyes of their own people. The rest of the world knows the truth. 

Given what's happening in Europe I think their plans for a "new silk road" might be coming to a grinding halt.

14 minutes ago, playmaker said:

IMG_20200316_105847.thumb.jpg.da0995f216affeb951dae145b565dace.jpg

She is lucky it is the fake corona flu rather than the real flu or she would be in some serious trouble.

A 6 day recovery from the real flu for a 103 year old is basically impossible.

It's all a con.

Wake up!

Come on mate. What are you even arguing here? Italy just had 368 die yesterday. In one day. This is very serious. It’s not a Marxist plot by the UN.

With all due respect, your posts are not based in reality.

• Like 3

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Increasing exponentially by the hour, and these are confirmed infections,recoveries and unfortunately deaths.

This is now at dead set fucking serious level, and our behavior in these times will determine on how we overcome this, and posting shit isn't in anyway helpful.

Thankfully the seven of us on here don't take the original poster seriously. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Haha 1

For your consideration

This Is How Many People Die From the Flu Each Year, According to the CDC

Are more people dying from the flu this year compared to other seasons? Here's what to know.

By Claire Gillespie

February 11, 2020

While everyone is in a panic about the coronavirus (officially renamed COVID-19 by the World Health Organization), there's an even deadlier virus many people are forgetting about: the flu.

Flu season is hitting its stride right now in the US. So far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. 

The CDC also estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus. 

The official toll of the 2019-2020 flu season won't be known for months. The season itself could last until May, and only preliminary estimates will be available until data is finalized. 

“The current flu season has been difficult but it has not reached epidemic threshold,” infectious disease expert Amesh A. Adalja, MD, senior scholar at the John's Hopkins Center for Health Security in Baltimore, tells Health. “In the next couple of weeks, when more data is available, it will become clear just how severe the season was given that we had an initial dominance of influenza B and now dominance of influenza A H1N1.”

When a second strain begins to dominate the flu season, this can cause the season to last longer, explains Dr. Adalja. 

So how do these numbers compare to flu deaths in previous years? So far, it looks like the 2019-2020 death toll won’t be as high as it was in the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths. 

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. 

The annual death rate depends on the specific strain of the virus that is dominant, how well the vaccine is working to protect against that strain, and how many people got vaccinated, says Dr. Adalja. The flu is harder to fight off for specific populations, such as infants and young children, the elderly, and people who are immunocompromised due to chronic illnesses such as HIV or cancer.

In recent weeks, however, the spotlight has been firmly on the new coronavirus, which the WHO officially named COVID-19 on February 11. The concern is justified, as more than 1,000 people in mainland China have died from the virus—a larger number than those who died from severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in the 2002-2003 SARS epidemic.  To date, there are 13 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the US. 

That doesn’t mean Americans don’t need to worry about the flu. In their guide to preventing coronavirus, the CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine and taking everyday preventive steps to help stop the spread of germs (such as avoiding close contact with people who are sick, covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, washing your hands often, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school—especially when someone is ill). It’s also important to take flu antivirals if they’re prescribed to you. 

The fact that people are more concerned about COVID-19 than the flu virus is no surprise, says Dr. Adalja. “Anytime there is a new emerging infectious disease that is shrouded in mystery with a lot of unknowns, it captivates people in a way that a regular virus that people deal with on a yearly basis won’t,” he says.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Increasing exponentially by the hour, and these are confirmed infections,recoveries and unfortunately deaths.

This is now at dead set fucking serious level, and our behavior in these times will determine on how we overcome this, and posting shit isn't in anyway helpful.

Thankfully the seven of us on here don't take the original poster seriously. 

Read that, thanks.

Interesting  to note and I quote from the report:

The novel coronavirus' case fatality rate has been estimated at around 2%, in the WHO press conference held on January 29, 2020 [16] . However, it noted that, without knowing how many were infected, it was too early to be able to put a percentage on the mortality rate figure.

A prior estimate [9] had put that number at 3%.

Fatality rate can change as a virus can mutate, according to epidemiologists.

For comparison, the case fatality rate for SARS was 10%, and for MERS 34%.

Also

According to China's National Health Commission (NHC), about 80% of those who died were over the age of 60 and 75% of them had pre-existing health conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.[24]

Comparisons:

Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.

SARS (November 2002 to July 2003): was a coronavirus that originated from Beijing, China, spread to 29 countries, and resulted in 8,096 people infected with 774 deaths (fatality rate of 9.6%). Considering that SARS ended up infecting 5,237 people in mainland China, Wuhan Coronavirus surpassed SARS on January 29, 2020, when Chinese officials confirmed 5,974 cases of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). One day later, on January 30, 2020 the novel coronavirus cases surpassed even the 8,096 cases worldwide which were the final SARS count in 2003.

MERS (in 2012) killed 858 people out of the 2,494 infected (fatality rate of 34.4%).

Basically backing up what I just posted.

For morbid stat watchers.

closed cases. 84 280. 
recovered 77 764

deaths 6516 (8%)

unresolved.

7% serious or critical.

Now I know they won’t even be awAre of the mild cases but the same holds for the conventional flu, so this shows just what a killer we are dealing with.

source: worldometers.info

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

Read that, thanks.

Interesting  to note and I quote from the report:

The novel coronavirus' case fatality rate has been estimated at around 2%, in the WHO press conference held on January 29, 2020 [16] . However, it noted that, without knowing how many were infected, it was too early to be able to put a percentage on the mortality rate figure.

A prior estimate [9] had put that number at 3%.

Fatality rate can change as a virus can mutate, according to epidemiologists.

For comparison, the case fatality rate for SARS was 10%, and for MERS 34%.

Also

According to China's National Health Commission (NHC), about 80% of those who died were over the age of 60 and 75% of them had pre-existing health conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.[24]

Comparisons:

Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.

SARS (November 2002 to July 2003): was a coronavirus that originated from Beijing, China, spread to 29 countries, and resulted in 8,096 people infected with 774 deaths (fatality rate of 9.6%). Considering that SARS ended up infecting 5,237 people in mainland China, Wuhan Coronavirus surpassed SARS on January 29, 2020, when Chinese officials confirmed 5,974 cases of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). One day later, on January 30, 2020 the novel coronavirus cases surpassed even the 8,096 cases worldwide which were the final SARS count in 2003.

MERS (in 2012) killed 858 people out of the 2,494 infected (fatality rate of 34.4%).

Basically backing up what I just posted.

Mate you posted it was a con and the Corona virus was a fake flu.

CBF going into how wrong you are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

Mate you posted it was a con and the Corona virus was a fake flu.

CBF going into how wrong you are.

My point is the corona virus strain has been around since before the 60s, it is part of the various flu strains people get all over the world every day. The new strain is just that and as with all other Influenza A strains will just be part of the normal influenza occurrences and deaths from a statistical view point that is, like it has always been.

So yes the whole world ending narrative is a con designed to drive people crazy through constant unrelenting hyperbolic propaganda and there is just no need.

My suspicions are that there are much bigger things at play here and we need to be vigilant and observe the political, media, and global environments with a level head and a critical eye.

And no, there is no conspiracy theory at play here because all the information is public.

Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, what they and their companies are involved with.

Just consider this basic brief outline.

Bill Gates Ted talk 2010ish about using the CO2 propaganda to justify vaccinations for population control and sterilization (his words not mine), which is basically admitting his intention of mass murder.

Pirbright institute, no surprise that Bill Gates is a Pirbright Institute financial backer, that  holds the current Corona Virus patent. The patent page for coronavirus explains that it “may be used as a vaccine for treating and/or preventing a disease, such as infectious bronchitis, in a subject,” suggesting that this is just another weaponized viral strain designed to sell more useless, deadly vaccines, while at the same time killing off a few thousand, or perhaps a few million, people.

And with 'Event 201 A global pandemic exercise', that's it's title, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and being used as a full rehearsal of what is happening now 2 months before Wuhan.

And remember this is 2 months before Wuhan. Pre-staged and preplanned.

Then ID2020 where Microsoft and Gavi the vaccine alliance are basical funding the thing and have, (on the public record) already nano chipped people in Bangladesh and the homeless in Texas via vaccines.

Now Gates has resigned from Microsoft as of 2 days ago.

Coincidence?

Does it sit right with you?

And that's just scratching the surface.

Again this is not a baseless conspiracy idea or theory as it is all on public record and is free for anyone to read.

If you disagree that's fine, I just post this stuff up for people's consideration. 

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

China reporting no new cases.

The CCP have cured the Chinese people of Covid-19. Long live Xi Jinping, long live Chairman Mao. Glory to Communism. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.25.35 am.png

c05.jpg

However a record number of new prisoners have surfaced....

Edited by haz

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If propaganda makes over one billion people feel happy, comfortable and secure then maybe it's not all bad.

We have 23 million utterly confused on what the situation really is and what to do and not to do. 

That's assuming you don't think this is actually serious and you're happy to walk around carrying a potentially deadly virus with a smile on your face.

FWIW I don't think the Chinese are feeling very happy and comfortable. My Chinese supplier has not returned to work and an outbreak has crippled their staffing. 

Not defending the West but at least we're a little more transparent and don't have the habit of just making problems completely disappear with the magic of communist propaganda. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2020 at 2:05 PM, Shahanga said:

For morbid stat watchers.

closed cases. 84 280. 
recovered 77 764

deaths 6516 (8%)

unresolved.

7% serious or critical.

Now I know they won’t even be awAre of the mild cases but the same holds for the conventional flu, so this shows just what a killer we are dealing with.

source: worldometers.info

global Update.

90 744 closed. 
82 763 recovered

7982 died.

9%.
unresolved:

6416 serious/critical (6%). 

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

That's assuming you don't think this is actually serious and you're happy to walk around carrying a potentially deadly virus with a smile on your face.

FWIW I don't think the Chinese are feeling very happy and comfortable. My Chinese supplier has not returned to work and an outbreak has crippled their staffing. 

Not defending the West but at least we're a little more transparent and don't have the habit of just making problems completely disappear with the magic of communist propaganda. 

You've listened too much to the propaganda of "the West" my lad. You don't seriously believe that that "Western" governments tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth do you?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

You've listened too much to the propaganda of "the West" my lad. You don't seriously believe that that "Western" governments tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth do you?

No not really.

How did you manage to twist:  "Not defending the West but at least we're a little more transparent." into me believing everything Western government says.

I clearly meant relative to China who started WuFlu and suddenly have zero cases. Its so myopic, its completely laughable. 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, but comparitively the two are worlds apart (maybe even two..)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

No not really.

How did you manage to twist:  "Not defending the West but at least we're a little more transparent." into me believing everything Western government says.

I clearly meant relative to China who started WuFlu and suddenly have zero cases. Its so myopic, its completely laughable. 

I didn't twist your statement at all. I simply asked you whether you believed everything that you're told by "Western" governments and your reply suggests to me that you're saying you don't, so therefore why do you believe what you're being told about coronavirus?

Incidentally, China is claiming no "new" cases, not "zero cases."

Personally I'm finding there to be so much information, or perhaps that should be commentary, that I'm finding it hard to know what to believe, especially where the messages appear to be conflicting.

You did open with a statement then you kinda emphasised it by posing a rhetorical question. My "new and zero" is a bit of nitpick too, I did post a chart earlier showing I was talking about "no new cases". Obviously I know its not zero cases overall. Anyway, whatever, moving on.

FWIW I've been extremely critical of the Western Government in regards to Covid-19. They played it down over and over, gave bad advice and its pretty clear they were no where near being prepared for something like this. Now these clowns are printing money like crazy to stop the house of card falling, again. You watch, you'll see an airline bailout after this despite those fkn corporate criminals spending all their revenue on buying up their own stocks to drive up the share price. Let the fuckers go broke and we can all swap yoga at potato head for toasting damper down at Mallacoota. 

Having said all that, I do however think Western statistics are more accurate and laugh at the Chinese pretending they have complete this of control. I mean come on, the world reports 15,000 new cases world wide in a day and the Chinese, 0. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Personally I'm finding there to be so much information, or perhaps that should be commentary, that I'm finding it hard to know what to believe, especially where the messages appear to be conflicting.

By design, confusion causes fear and is the purpose of propaganda.

What's interesting is that if we exclude China, (statistical) deaths attributed to this repackaged flu strain are people that are pretty much on their death bed due to age or severe illnesses which pretty much what the common flu/pneumonia does anyway.

Also there is fake news going around that the mortality rate is 7% and is so much worse than the common flu, well it is not.

The facts are that those dying after being hospitalized due to the virus is at 7-10% which is the same as the common flu.

I am just waiting for a climate change link to be vomited out by the media just to trigger the attention seeking Marxist commies again because they must be feeling pretty left out atm, poor things.

Anyway on a positive tone, this is my favourite corona virus song, enjoy.

Coronavirus Fatality Rate Reported by the Media Is COMPLETELY INACCURATE. The Actual Rate Is LESS THAN THE FLU – MEDIA LYING AGAIN!

Joe Hoft by Joe Hoft March 16, 2020

IMG_9840.jpg

The current estimate for the fatality rates on the coronavirus just don’t add up.  The estimates based on current data are completely inaccurate. Current data shows that this virus is much less deadly that even the common flu from the 2019-2020 season.

Details below:

corona-virus-vs-flu-3-16-600x246.jpg

N/A – not available

Summary of points below:

1. Estimates have been made about the fatality rate of the coronavirus
  2. Sometimes estimates are reasonable and sometimes they are off, way off
  3. The current global coronavirus fatality rate is estimated at 3.4%
  4. The same rate for the flu is 10% (but the media tells you it’s .1%)
  5. Actual results for the coronavirus are lower than the flu
  6. Current estimates between the flu and the coronavirus are not comparing ‘apples to apples’
  7. Those most at risk from the coronavirus are the elderly (average age of death in 80) and the sick

1. Estimates have been made about the fatality rate of the coronavirus.

Often times estimates have to be made because data is just not yet available.  These estimates usually involve obtaining information that is available and making estimates on what is not.  We cannot tell the future but we can make educated guesses based on information available.  This is what has been done with the coronavirus because this type of virus has apparently never been seen before.

2. Sometimes estimates are reasonable and sometimes they are wrong, way off.

I personally know of estimates made by actuaries (i.e. statisticians) who projected profits in a country that were way wrong.  In this case the government changed the regulations related to the business in the country which resulted in tens of millions in losses in USD.  I know of another case where actuaries predicted a deal to be profitable that eventually led to over $100 million in losses.

The point is that whenever estimates are made they are always wrong because no one can tell the future.  Sometimes estimates end up close and sometimes they are not and sometimes they are way off.

3. The current estimate for the coronavirus fatality rate is about 3.4%.

The estimates for the fatality rate for the coronavirus are shocking.  The CDC released one report in February stating the rate varies between 12% and 1%:

Our estimates of the risk for death in Wuhan reached values as high as 12% in the epicenter of the epidemic and ≈1% in other, more mildly affected areas.

A report by the World Health Organization (WHO) and China estimates the mortality rate to be around 3.8% based on actual results:

As of 20 February, 2114 of the 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases have died (crude fatality ratio [CFR2] 3.8%) (note: at least some of whom were identified using a case definition that included pulmonary disease). The overall CFR varies by location and intensity of transmission (i.e. 5.8% in Wuhan vs. 0.7% in other areas in China).

Other reports are that the WHO estimates the mortality rate to be around 3.4%:

The World Health Organization (WHO) has estimated the mortality rate from Covid-19 is about 3.4%. That is higher than seasonal flu and is cause for concern – but even if it is correct, more than 96% of people who become infected with the coronavirus will recover.

As of today, the actual fatality rate for those who were confirmed to have had the coronavirus is 3.84%.  This is the number of fatalities from the virus divided by the number of individuals who were confirmed with the virus.

Coronavirus-3-16-20-600x237.png

4. The same rate for the flu is 10% (but the media tells you it’s .1%).

As The Gateway Pundit reported earlier, according to CDC numbers, in the US in the 2019-2020 flu season, there were 222,000 confirmed cases of the flu from testing and an estimated 36 million flu cases in the United States.  There were 22,000 confirmed deaths from the flu.

cdc-flu-600x222.jpg

Note that the number of deaths and confirmed cases (through testing) of the flu in the US are based on actual data.  The number of individuals who contracted the flu is an estimate by experts.  There is no way to know who had the flu in the US because many cases are not severe and people do not have a test done to confirm they had the flu.  They believe their symptoms are minor and go on with their normal lives thinking they have a cold or something similar.  Because of this, the CDC must estimate and they estimated 36 million people had the flu in this past flu season.

The rate of the number of individuals who died from the flu to the number of individuals who had the flu is therefore .1% (22,000 / 36 million).  This is an estimate.

However, the rate of individuals who died from the flu to the number of individuals who were confirmed to have had the flu is around 10% (22,000/ 222,000).  This is based on actual data similar to the rate for the coronavirus above.

5. Actual results for the coronavirus are lower than the flu.

Based on the above numbers, the actual fatality rates for those who were confirmed to have had the coronavirus are around 3.4%.
The actual rates for those who were confirmed to have had the flu are around 10%.

The actual data shows that the fatality rate for those who had the flu (10%) is 6% higher than for those with the coronavirus (3.8%).

6. Current estimates between the flu and the coronavirus are not comparing ‘apples to apples’.

The fatality rate that is commonly referred to in the media for the coronavirus is 3.4% from the WHO.  This number is based on actual cases of those who are confirmed with the virus.

The flu fatality rate provided by the CDC includes an estimate of individuals who had the flu but were not confirmed while the fatality rate for the coronavirus does not include those who had the coronavirus but were not confirmed.  This is why the flu fatality rate is .1% and the coronavirus fatality rate is 3.4%!

The two rates are like comparing apples to oranges.  By doing so the coronavirus fatality rate is way overstated when compared to the flu and the media has created a worldwide crisis and panic by reporting this!

The coronavirus is not more fatal than the flu based on current data.  It is much less fatal than the flu based on current data.

7. Those most at risk from the coronavirus are the elderly and sick (similar to the flu).

Similar to the flu, those most at risk of dying from the coronavirus are the elderly and the sick.  The average age for those who died from the coronavirus in Italy is 81 years old.  This is consistent around the world.  There have been no known fatalities for any children 10 and under.

Coronavirus-Fatality-Rate-Age-3-16-20-60

The sick are also at a higher risk similar to the flu.  Current data shows that if you have no pre-existing conditions, your fatality rate if you contract the coronavirus is .9% (and what proportion of these cases are the elderly).

Coronavirus-Fatality-Rate-3-16-20-600x39

In summary, the coronavirus is not as deadly as is being portrayed in the lying liberal media.  In fact it is not as deadly as the flu.  The elderly and the sick should be protected.  Everyone else has very little to worry about.  Again, don’t believe what the media is telling you.  They are lying again.

Thats all well and good. I agree that the info put out there has been wishy washy and it changes daily. However, the thing that is undeniable is the rapid rate of spread. Thats the real killer here as it doesn't allow people to get treatment due to the clogging up of the health system.

Italy's not even treating those over 80, thats pretty crazy considering Italians are culturally very respectful and loving to the elderly in general.  Wait till this shit get really bad in an anglo country. Bye bye anyone over 50, you are not human. 

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

Coronavirus Fatality Rate Reported by the Media Is COMPLETELY INACCURATE. The Actual Rate Is LESS THAN THE FLU – MEDIA LYING AGAIN!

Joe Hoft by Joe Hoft March 16, 2020

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/jim-hoft-tells-alex-jones-coronavirus-us-deep-state-trying-take-out-trump

Jim and Joe Hoft are 'both big fans of Infowars'...but really, who isn't? At least we have that in common.

Alex Jones is a work of art.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/jim-hoft-tells-alex-jones-coronavirus-us-deep-state-trying-take-out-trump

Jim and Joe Hoft are 'both big fans of Infowars'...but really, who isn't? At least we have that in common.

Alex Jones is a work of art.

So out of that whole article with all the link to verify that what they are reporting is true, this is what you come up with?

:droy:

21 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So out of that whole article with all the link to verify that what they are reporting is true, this is what you come up with?

:droy:

Give me a spell mate. 

With the amount of absolute trash you post you’re lucky I’m even responding to you with a joke. 

• Like 2