Melbourne Football

Matchday 23: v WSW - Saturday 14th March 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

52 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Sauce? Nothing from the club or FFA but you sound pretty certain. 

We were told the mascots and mini roos was cancelled and the game was to be played without an audience by the rep who contacted us, going off the clubs latest release that's incorrect. The way this is unfolding it could change in hours again. 

Edited by mus-28

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

All but one of the "gang" that I sit with have confirmed that they won't be attending the match anyway. I don't like staying away, but considering my age it is probably the sensible thing to do.

What a shame that quite probably our best season ever and we're not going to be able to be there to take part in the final few matches. It's almost as if someone has put a curse on the club. 

I’m pleased to hear that for your sake. “A statistically smart move”.

For mine I’ll go because it will be my last chance to see live sport for quite some time.

9 hours ago, Harrison said:

Could be that they go ahead as planned as this weekend but then play behind closed doors from next week. 

Green Line

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

I’ve changed my mind. Not going.

Sadly, that's the right decision IMO. It's in the "unnecessary exposure risk" category, and any thing that we can do voluntarily is going to be far better than having restrictions imposed on us by decree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red or Dead said:

I'll be going...without the fam though!

Only 200 confirmed cases in Australia; 92 in NSW, 36 in Victoria, 35 in Queensland...I mean, what are the odds?

Nek minnit 😷

each of those 200 will infect an average of 2.5 people, each of those will infect 2.5 people...

The odds of someone in the stadium being infected already are quite high, if you look at the public health history of the outbreak, the infection 'suddenly appears', although people have clearly been infected, and transmitting the virus unknowingly, for up to 2 weeks. Most people in the stadium won't be at high personal risk from the infection, but may inadvertently pass on the virus to someone that is at higher risk before they are aware of it.

there’s some good reading on the lag between community exposure and diagnosis here

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red or Dead said:

Only 200 confirmed cases in Australia; 92 in NSW, 36 in Victoria, 35 in Queensland...I mean, what are the odds

What are the odds that 2 of the 200 would be Tom Hanks and Peter Dutton... 

Confirmed cases is the key word. Id be 20x those numbers at least.

• Like 1