Melbourne Football

West Sydney Away 26th of January

lozzyx

if its a smaller group this time around, can we get a place that we all can stay at. hostel or not. this will eliminate ppl being kicked out. travel as one group, return as one group.

Do buses get organised or does everyone make their own way there? Been on a bus tour with a Supporter group in England travelling from the North to the South and was so much fun. Organised the chants, sung throughout, by the time we arrived we were really ready to go and created amazing noise.

I know we are not going to get the numbers like we did in England but that bus with 50 odd on it was immense. The chanting and learning of the chants for me was the best bit.

Edited by Melburnian

Do buses get organised or does everyone make their own way there? Been on a bus tour with a Supporter group in England travelling from the North to the South and was so much fun. Organised the chants, sung throughout, by the time we arrived we were really ready to go and created amazing noise.

I know we are not going to get the numbers like we did in England but that bus with 50 odd on it was immense. The chanting and learning of the chants for me was the best bit.

We've done buses before (last season) but it's very unlikely it will be happening again this season.

The main problem is hiring a driver as we have to pay them for the whole time they are gone. IIRC it was something like $50 an hour for ~32 hours. Plus their accommodation, this ends up being about half the cost.

For buses to ever be done again we will most likely need someone (or preferably more than one) to volunteer to drive us.

You do need to have a heavy rigid license though but if anyone was keen to do regular trips, I'm sure we would cover license costs + you would get free travel to away games etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep me updated malloy

will do, though im trying to get footballism to organise the trip for me

nah mate. Marteaux is the one ya need to speak to for that sort of thing ;)

Good joke. Original content, well executed and appropriate. Keep up the good work chap and good luck with your joke making goals in 2013.

Keep me updated malloy

will do, though im trying to get footballism to organise the trip for me

nah mate. Marteaux is the one ya need to speak to for that sort of thing ;)

Good joke. Original content, well executed and appropriate. Keep up the good work chap and good luck with your joke making goals in 2013.

Ok.

• Like 1