Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

Look i am young. My thoughts are not as wise as a middle age person or an old person. But what am addressing is people should think open minded and not be closed minded. I saw what the media was saying about Donald Trump and how he is bad and all. I didnt just beleive everything the media said. I did my own research (6 Google search pages) and came to my own conclusion. That is just an example. People my age and in uni just go with the crowd. All i want is to see this generation and next generation not get brainwashed. They should think for themselves. I dont want to start an argument and i am glad we are having this conversation 

I would hope that you realise when you are older or middle aged how much of a nut Alex Jones is

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ill be voting no and its got nothing to do with marriage, couldn't care less if 2 blokes wanna fuck their lives too. 

My beef is with the discrimination act. Extending the governments power to act on behalf of people who are offended by someone else's opinion or rights. I see a private business no different to private property. It happened in the US and Canada and it'll happen here, Gays will bully Christian business owners and start suing them if they refuse to provide services to them. (they'll leave muslim alone though.. figure that one out..)

Could someone just knock on your front door and ask to sleep in your bed? Fuck no, a private business is no different. 

The discrimination act in general is fucked, you should be able to discriminate for what ever reason you want as long as you're not monopoly corporation. A racist business owner will quickly fall victim to the free market. When I explain this concept to people they don't have the intelligence to understand the big picture and say stupid shit like "So a white business owner can refused to service an aboriginal?". Obviously I don't support that kind of behaviour but its not about me, freedom is one of those things, everyone is free not just you. 

Easy to say as a straight white middle class male right? Wrong. I'm on the bottom of the totem pole in every aspect in government programs, the law and family court system. I didn't get Rudd's stimulus despite having no job (I know some who got it x3), I pay higher car insurance,  I'll get the max sentence for all crimes and not to mention getting completely arse raped by the divorce courts. Heres a great example of how a typical bloke is treated these days. Last year I filed for restraining order against my ex for multiple insults, provided dates, photos of injuries and witnesses, the cops interview her, took her side and didnt bother following up with the witnesses I provided. They dropped the case and refused to reopen it even though I told them Ill bring in the witnesses into the cop shop... meanwhile my ex gives power of attorney to her crazy mother so she can enter the property we were selling and I was living in and starts destroying all my important business papers, degree and photos of my grandfather. After we sell and the house and I move out she rocks up to my folks house asking where I'm living. Whole thing has cost me thousands of dollars, fuck loads of stress and there absolutely nothing I can do.... Reckon that would happen to women or Aboriginal?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just vote yes so we don't have to hear about it anymore. 

So many  other first world countries have legalized gay marriage,  to no negative effects,  so to say their is an actual tangible negative to two people of the same sex getting married (that isn't my beliefs don't agree with it) is ludicrous. 

Just vote yes so we can move on and deal with real issues with the country ffs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ill be voting no and its got nothing to do with marriage, couldn't care less if 2 blokes wanna fuck their lives too. 

My beef is with the discrimination act. Extending the governments power to act on behalf of people who are offended by someone else's opinion or rights. I see a private business no different to private property. It happened in the US and Canada and it'll happen here, Gays will bully Christian business owners and start suing them if they refuse to provide services to them. (they'll leave muslim alone though.. figure that one out..)

Could someone just knock on your front door and ask to sleep in your bed? Fuck no, a private business is no different. 

The discrimination act in general is fucked, you should be able to discriminate for what ever reason you want as long as you're not monopoly corporation. A racist business owner will quickly fall victim to the free market. When I explain this concept to people they don't have the intelligence to understand the big picture and say stupid shit like "So a white business owner can refused to service an aboriginal?". Obviously I don't support that kind of behaviour but its not about me, freedom is one of those things, everyone is free not just you. 

Easy to say as a straight white middle class male right? Wrong. I'm on the bottom of the totem pole in every aspect in government programs, the law and family court system. I didn't get Rudd's stimulus despite having no job (I know some who got it x3), I pay higher car insurance,  I'll get the max sentence for all crimes and not to mention getting completely arse raped by the divorce courts. Heres a great example of how a typical bloke is treated these days. Last year I filed for restraining order against my ex for multiple insults, provided dates, photos of injuries and witnesses, the cops interview her, took her side and didnt bother following up with the witnesses I provided. They dropped the case and refused to reopen it even though I told them Ill bring in the witnesses into the cop shop... meanwhile my ex gives power of attorney to her crazy mother so she can enter the property we were selling and I was living in and starts destroying all my important business papers, degree and photos of my grandfather. After we sell and the house and I move out she rocks up to my folks house asking where I'm living. Whole thing has cost me thousands of dollars, fuck loads of stress and there absolutely nothing I can do.... Reckon that would happen to women or Aboriginal?

Quite the read

9 hours ago, AlexJones said:

Disagree with it. Not natural and I go by my Christian values. The media and politics are trying to brainwash society to thinking it is normal. I am a year 12 leader at my school and I went to VICSRC congress (an event with school leaders around Victoria). I am shocked and sickened by how many of the next generation are brainwashed. People today do not seak the truth and they listen to what the majority say. If you disagree with a topic regards to science or politics, you will most likely be targeted. I pray for society and hope that this generation and the next will find the truth themselves

8 hours ago, AlexJones said:

Look i am young. My thoughts are not as wise as a middle age person or an old person. But what am addressing is people should think open minded and not be closed minded. I saw what the media was saying about Donald Trump and how he is bad and all. I didnt just beleive everything the media said. I did my own research (6 Google search pages) and came to my own conclusion. That is just an example. People my age and in uni just go with the crowd. All i want is to see this generation and next generation not get brainwashed. They should think for themselves. I dont want to start an argument and i am glad we are having this conversation 

You make a number of assumptions. The first one is that everyone is part of the herd - as an old fart, I can tell you that this is not true. Simply because you disagree with them and feel that you are in the minority does not mean that the others are a mindless herd. FWIW from my days in the surf through the mining towns and into Tokyo, I could count the number of people I have met that are mindless would be less than the number of fingers I have left. And those other young Australians would not be leaders if they were brainwashed.

The second one assumes that families have always existed. Look at the stats for Australians who died in WW1. Over 600 thousand died in that conflict at a time when Australia's population was less than 5 million people. Do you really think that all of those dead men left no grieving wives or children? No, those widows raised kids on their own. Now you go back in time and tell your Great grand mother that she was useless. Don't think that you would have the courage to do so.

Now I won't challenge your religious values as those on this forum know that I am an atheist from lack of faith, but I would challenge you to read about history and ask basic questions such as if all the men died in battle who looked after the kids?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

You make a number of assumptions. The first one is that everyone is part of the herd - as an old fart, I can tell you that this is not true. Simply because you disagree with them and feel that you are in the minority does not mean that the others are a mindless herd. FWIW from my days in the surf through the mining towns and into Tokyo, I could count the number of people I have met that are mindless would be less than the number of fingers I have left. And those other young Australians would not be leaders if they were brainwashed.

The second one assumes that families have always existed. Look at the stats for Australians who died in WW1. Over 600 thousand died in that conflict at a time when Australia's population was less than 5 million people. Do you really think that all of those dead men left no grieving wives or children? No, those widows raised kids on their own. Now you go back in time and tell your Great grand mother that she was useless. Don't think that you would have the courage to do so.

Now I won't challenge your religious values as those on this forum know that I am an atheist from lack of faith, but I would challenge you to read about history and ask basic questions such as if all the men died in battle who looked after the kids?

I dont understand how your argument is relevant to this discussion in modern time where it is completely different. Explain?

6 hours ago, AlexJones said:

I dont understand how your argument is relevant to this discussion in modern time where it is completely different. Explain?

oh, the irony...

Please explain how words uttered 2000 years ago, known to us by word of mouth (now that is a reliable source) through third persons in the Middle East is relevant to modern Australia.

For the record, WW1 were my grand parents generation. I knew both my grandmothers but only one grandfather.

And history is always relevant.

• Like 3

Gonna vote no unless the left stop with this bullshit "it doesnt affect your life" or w/e.

Unlike Jimmy, I actually dont disagree with the statement, for the most part I think it's true, but the reason it's bullshit is because if you actually supported gay marriage due to believing people should be free to do what they want when it doesn't affect others, then there are about 50 other things you'd also be for that I can guarantee most the gay marriage supporters are against.

The reason these people support gay marriage is simply because they're retarded sheep who just follow whatever gets them social acceptance, it has nothing to do with any belief in personal freedom or a glimpse of intelligent thought.

So I am 100% voting no out of spite. But either way the result will be alright, either gay marriage gets up which is good, or the left get trolled which is even better . Bring on the win-win plebiscite :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

FFS Local Government is useless, I cant believe some idiots want to mention these idiots in the bloody Constitution... does the Yarra Council and Moreland Council actually have an official pissing contest going on now against each other on who can be the most Pinko and waste the most amount of fucken money on being Pinko.

Thank fuck I dont live in either of these Councils anymore - As I did for years and saw nothing but crap proposed by these pretend politicians every fucken year.

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Unfortunately the history of mankind is of conquest. The indigenous Australian is one of the last to be conquered.

Our "values" today , try to pressure the descendants of the "conquerors" into guilt and shame

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewConvert said:

oh, the irony...

Please explain how words uttered 2000 years ago, known to us by word of mouth (now that is a reliable source) through third persons in the Middle East is relevant to modern Australia.

For the record, WW1 were my grand parents generation. I knew both my grandmothers but only one grandfather.

To a degree

Voting no.

1)      There current proposal does not protect individuals or businesses from disagreeing with same-sex marriage should it be implemented. We will see what has been seen around the world, individuals taken to court over their views.

2)      Changing the definition of a word and concept just because someone wants to, is no way for society to function. A simple example, while we might prefer people call ‘soccer’ ‘football’ we have no right to force others to change their definition of ‘football’ to match ours.

3)      Its not ‘marriage equity’, if it was, then everyone should be free to define marriage to reflect whatever they want. E.g. polygamy should be allowed. Not that I’m promoting polygamy, just pointing out how the left manipulate language to skew the debate in their direction.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NewConvert said:

oh, the irony...

I'd refer you to Jordan Peterson's YouTube series "The psychological significance of the biblical stories".

7 hours ago, cadete said:

FFS Local Government is useless, I cant believe some idiots want to mention these idiots in the bloody Constitution... does the Yarra Council and Moreland Council actually have an official pissing contest going on now against each other on who can be the most Pinko and waste the most amount of fucken money on being Pinko.

Thank fuck I dont live in either of these Councils anymore - As I did for years and saw nothing but crap proposed by these pretend politicians every fucken year.

I raise you Darebin.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north/darebin-council-set-to-pass-motion-to-offer-resources-to-marriage-equality-campaign/news-story/b4976b48ec38f866461913b81017fa5f

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/vic/2017/07/19/vic-council-may-move-date-citizenship-ceremony-protest-australia-day/

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Lol - I have lived in Four Councils in the past 15 years... Darebin, Moreland, Yarra and Melbourne.

I like to see @Tesla cope with that amount time in Pinko Land.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'd refer you to Jordan Peterson's YouTube series "The psychological significance of the biblical stories".

I am quite well aware of the significance of the biblical stories - my favourites are the tower of babel and the camel through the eye of a needle. The sarcasm was with regards to the Alex.Jones saying that what happened in WW1 bore no relation to modern times.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

And the Feds have stripped them of their citizenship ceremonies.

How about Yarra now concentrate on collecting rubbish and other rate payer services?

Prima facie they seem to concern themselves with rubbish quite often...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shahanga said:

And the Feds have stripped them of their citizenship ceremonies.

How about Yarra now concentrate on collecting rubbish and other rate payer services?

And Moreland could think about putting some bloody proper lights on their side streets... its a fucken joke how dark some of them are at night thirty years on for a now Gentrified Inner City Suburbs.

• Like 1

Moral Dilemma.

My grandfather has moved around a bit in the last twelve months and I have checked his enrolment and noticed he is still enrolled at his old address. He is ardently against marriage equality and I am in favour of it. Being a non-compulsory, non-binding, postal vote, do I have any sort of obligation to tell my grandfather to update his enrolment, or do I let his ballot paper get delivered to an address he no longer lives at so he cannot participate in the survey and marriage equality is one vote closer to fruition?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

8 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Moral Dilemma.

My grandfather has moved around a bit in the last twelve months and I have checked his enrolment and noticed he is still enrolled at his old address. He is ardently against marriage equality and I am in favour of it. Being a non-compulsory, non-binding, postal vote, do I have any sort of obligation to tell my grandfather to update his enrolment, or do I let his ballot paper get delivered to an address he no longer lives at so he cannot participate in the survey and marriage equality is one vote closer to fruition?

Tell him to change it. This is a democracy and not telling him is stifling the process. The system and constitution should always trump your own ideology 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Tell him to change it. This is a democracy and not telling him is stifling the process. The system and constitution should always trump your own ideology 

I understand that's probably the right thing to do, but surely it's only a moral obligation. Legally only he has to make sure his details are correct not me. It was silly of me to check as now that I have checked I am morally compromised, but he and my grandmother don't really speak English too well so I have to look after their legal papers and whatnot. Still, I'm going to do it.

Edited by Hellenic Hero

2 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

I understand that's probably the right thing to do, but surely it's only a moral obligation. Legally only he has to make sure his details are correct not me. It was silly of me to check as now that I have checked I am morally compromised, but he and my grandmother don't really speak English too well so I have to look after their legal papers and whatnot. Still, I'm going to do it.

Why are you morally compromised? You're literally contemplating fascism

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffplz said:

Why are you morally compromised? You're literally contemplating fascism

Well surely seeing as I'm in charge of his and my yiayias legal documents make me morally compromised? I mean, they don't read English very well and have to have me or my brother around to help them fill out forms, so wouldn't that put me in charge?

BTW for anyone wondering I am voting YES on the Plebiscite...

Also as annoying the Leftist Media is... PPL should think about how many annoying they will be if it fails and then how annoying they will be for the build up of the next time the law is up for change which we all know it will be as the Population of Australia changes.

A vote YES really is a vote to take one of the logical/inevitable issues of the Leftist Media so they have try push forward there more ridiculous notions - that PPL will reject accordingly.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Moral Dilemma.

You shouldn't need to ask us IMO. You already know what the answer is.

Tell him to update his address. It's his responsibility to do so, but if you know and don't tell him it's a pretty shitty move. He has a right to vote so you should allow him that right regardless of whether you agree with him or not.

Just now, Hellenic Hero said:

Ok then, better question. If he spoke English fluently and didn't rely on me to help with his documents would I be under an obligation then?

Has nothing to do with his English ability. If you know just do the right thing and tell him. See it more as favour to your grandfather if nothing else.

• Like 2