Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

Victorian Liberal Party is now as much as a joke as Federal Labor :clap: :clap: :up: :up: :droy: :droy: :clap::lawl: :lawl: :lawl::tooth::up::clap:

At least leaders of the ALP don't quit because  they can't be fucked anymore, they have to be properly ratfucked.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
OH how i enjoy Australian Politics endless cycle of :droy:

Baillieu is a flog anyway, from a family of flogs, only got to where he is because one of his ancestors donated money to build a library at Melbourne Uni :up:

Baillieu is a numbty, not sure how you can fuk it up after how far shit creek labour are/were.

Time to vote greens??

This is why people vote for the Greens, just because they are seen as the third option when people dont want to vote for labor or liberals.

Do not believe there would be more than 1-2% of people who would vote for the greens based on their rediculous policies.

Edited by Tesla

Baillieu is a flog anyway, from a family of flogs, only got to where he is because one of his ancestors donated money to build a library at Melbourne Uni :up:

Baillieu is a numbty, not sure how you can fuk it up after how far shit creek labour are/were.

Time to vote greens??

This is why people vote for the Greens, just because they are seen as the third option when people dont want to vote for labor or liberals.

Do not believe there would be more than 1-2% of people who would vote for the greens based on their rediculous policies.

Exactly this,

Baillieu was Premier for the reasons Richard the Lionheart was King of England way back in 1149 because he is:

From the States most Famous Family,

From one of the States Richest Families,

His Family owns some of the state’s most desired land

And cos he is Tall.

The ALP ppl around here like BH know that have been Anti Baillieu from the start and so I honestly happy about him going last night.

The guy was pathetic, I actually preferred Brumby to him - At least he was a workhorse who did not leave the office most days at 4pm.

As for the Greens, well 99% of their voters think they are voting for Trees, Koalas, and those nice tasting Dim Sims at Veggie Bar.

The reality is they are voting for a party of extreme values – many that when striped of their "Greeny Coating" are reminiscent in their ideological content of Stalinism.

• Like 1

Even with them having as mush power as they have now... more state game reserves are being turned into national parks than ever before! How can people like me do my bit to help our farmers rid the world from pest animals. The likes of which eat their chickens and ravage their land? 

The ramifications of them being in power is horrendous! - to say the least.

Need to implement the laws of southern USA.

Dukes of YSide FTW!!

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed Simon Crean didn't contest.

The only modern opposition leader more unpopular than Alexander Downer? :hmm:

I find it amazing that Mr Crean supports a club like North Melbourne given his families strong history with promoting Sectarnism within Australian Politics.

So why would Crean throw his support behind a certain person?

Didn't Crean help Gillard get in, in the first place? I'm gonna speculate that he wanted top job before this election... he has been speaking to Gillard for the past 2 days he said, so she probably doesn't want to give it up... 

Rudd promised that he wouldn't challenge her anymore... but Crean is Challenging, and nominating Rudd for leader.

Who knows what happens behind closed doors. If Rudd get the top job, Crean will be 2IC. Crean will be instated as prime minister... The way that Costello should have been!!

/End Conspiracy Theory.

Rudd obviously didn't contest because he knows Julia will lose the next election, and then will hope that everyone hates her and he can swoop in.

That would be a pretty appalling battle plan as going by the election trends of the last 60 years it would most likely require Rudd to be opposition leader for at least eight years.

He will go again before the next election.

Rudd doesn't know if he has the numbers

Gets his boy Crean to do the dirty work so to not look bad if it all fails

Not 100% sure if he has the numbers

Doesn't challenge

Waits for Gillard to lose election

Becomes leader after election

Crean becomes his deputy

???

profit

Edited by Tesla

Rudd doesn't know if he has the numbers

Gets his boy Crean to do the dirty work so to not look bad if it all fails

Not 100% sure if he has the numbers

Doesn't challenge

Waits for Gillard to lose election

Becomes leader after election

Crean becomes his deputy

???

profit

Seems most likely to me.

Rudd obviously didn't contest because he knows Julia will lose the next election, and then will hope that everyone hates her and he can swoop in.

That would be a pretty appalling battle plan as going by the election trends of the last 60 years it would most likely require Rudd to be opposition leader for at least eight years.

He will go again before the next election.

He's naive enough to think that he'll be fine when he becomes OL, and will be able to win it back immediately.

cadete, on 21 Mar 2013 - 15:43, said:

FB., on 21 Mar 2013 - 15:32, said:

Disappointed Simon Crean didn't contest.

The only modern opposition leader more unpopular than Alexander Downer? :hmm:

I find it amazing that Mr Crean supports a club like North Melbourne given his families strong history with promoting Sectarnism within Australian Politics.

Not sure what popularity has to do with anything or football sides for that matter.

If you're going to go public and call for the Prime Minister to call a spill on her leadership, you need to offer yourself up or have someone else who is willing to fill the roll. You can't call on the Prime Minister and deputy leaders to end their leaderships, and then not offer yourself up or have viable alternative. Otherwise you end up with amateur hour like today, where she called a vote and no-one stepped up to the plate.

Edited by FB.

He did offer an alternative. He clearly said he wanted Rudd to put his hand up. He also said he wanted to be deputy. Sure he didn't know that Rudd would pull out but that's politics, he took a huge risk and it fucked up. Rudd didnt want to captain and sinking ship, who would?

I was not knocking the football club - I was alluding to how the traditional supporter base of the NMFC was ideological in conflict with the political beliefs of Mr Crean's father.

I respect Crean in the way that his a hard working Politician and Party man, in the world of Rudd's and Hockey's it’s a shame that these types are becoming less and less common in Politics.

However, at the same time I lost a bit of respect for him yesterday when he turned on one of his own former supporters and noted Creanite in Gillard from the time when he was himself a much higher flyer. I guess it’s hardly surprising given Crean has even changed ALP Factions a couple of times.

Edited by cadete

HeartFc, on 22 Mar 2013 - 08:05, said:

He did offer an alternative. He clearly said he wanted Rudd to put his hand up. He also said he wanted to be deputy. Sure he didn't know that Rudd would pull out but that's politics, he took a huge risk and it fucked up. Rudd didnt want to captain and sinking ship, who would?

Yes, he did offer himself as deputy but not as leader, and he was asking the Prime Minister to step down as leader. He should have offered himself as leader if he was going to ask the PM to step down. Granted, he was hoping for Rudd to challenge her, but it wasn't really organised as such for that to happen when he called his press conference yesterday. So it wasn't a serious alternative.

Rumour: Crean was working for Gillard all along, flushing Rudd out and got sacked so it seemed a real challenge.

(It would explain his sudden change in his support - And how he hadn't spoken to Rudd.)

Unlikely - But not dismissible from my sources.

I have a vague idea of what happened since my dad worked for Crean.

Basically what my dad told me was that the whole situation of Rudd vs Gillard was tearing the Labor party apart, and it desperately needed to be sorted out.

Apparently Gillard is a massive dick to Crean. Crean then suggested that Rudd put his hand up to be PM and Crean being his deputy PM with him being able keep Rudd in check. Even though Rudd is hated by many people in the Labor party, he hoped that with him being deputy PM it would sway votes towards Rudd. Unfortunately even with Crean being the deputy, the hatred for Rudd was to still to strong resulting in no one changing their vote and Gillard having more support. Resulting in Crean being sacked because he didnt support Gillard. 

Crean knew that it was a risk, and decided to go ahead with it to save the Labor party from falling apart from the disputes of who should be PM.

Thats my understanding of it from my dad.   

Edited by zave

I have a vague idea of what happened since my dad worked for Crean.

Basically what my dad told me was that the whole situation of Rudd vs Gillard was tearing the Labor party apart, and it desperately needed to be sorted out.

Apparently Gillard is a massive dick to Crean. Crean then suggested that Rudd put his hand up to be PM and Crean being his deputy PM with him being able keep Rudd in check. Even though Rudd is hated by many people in the Labor party, he hoped that with him being deputy PM it would sway votes towards Rudd. Unfortunately even with Crean being the deputy, the hatred for Rudd was to still to strong resulting in no one changing their vote and Gillard having more support. Resulting in Crean being sacked because he didnt support Gillard. 

Crean knew that it was a risk, and decided to go ahead with it to save the Labor party from falling apart from the disputes of who should be PM.

Thats my understanding of it from my dad.   

So as I have posted on here many times before - K Rudd has No Mates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of how much you hate Julia, please don't let this Neanderthal get the gig.

It is so unfair how PPL hate Julia,

It’s all these evil bullies fault:

The Mainstream Media (All the Media: Print, Radio, TV),

Wealthy People (People with Money - Anyone not in a Gutter)

And dont forget the Misogynists (Men.)

Our Julia has been a fantastic PM who has gone to such lengths to include all Australians in the way she has governed this Country.

Nobody she have a reason to dislike her.

Regardless of how much you hate Julia, please don't let this Neanderthal get the gig.

It is so unfair how PPL hate Julia,

It’s all these evil bullies fault:

The Mainstream Media (All the Media: Print, Radio, TV),

Wealthy People (People with Money - Anyone not in a Gutter)

And dont forget the Misogynists (Men.)

Our Julia has been a fantastic PM who has gone to such lengths to include all Australians in the way she has governed this Country.

Nobody she have a reason to dislike her.

Finally someone understands!!!!!!!

You just can't vote abbot! Julia is worse but fuck if we let abbot in he'll turn is into North Korea