Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

I just want a PM to stay for the length of their entire 1st term to begin with.   I swear every time I go overseas, or am on holiday, breaking news occurs that there's been a spill and we have another PM.  FMD can they just worry about running this country rather then swinging their dicks to see who has the biggest.

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Got a good feeling the dirt will be out before the election 

Yeah, the names are def coming... they well and truly exist.

There is no doubt about that, and some funding in WA for whatever Senator Cash was prepared to put herself out for...

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

I know a little about his political background after digging around so I understand why you CBF but my point is he doesn't stick to what he believes in. He has the capability to flip flop and go all the way to almost Greens levels on the spectrum. He talks like a fucking SJW when he gets the chance, its embarrassing.

The guy is a complete fraud, how anyone could possibly support that fkn slimy worm ill never know. The next 4 years are gonna be rough but ill take odds very short odds that shorten will be a one term PM and disappear when all that dirt comes out. 

Somehow, I dont think we have the same opinion on what is a SJW view...

Also he has complete control of his party (has had for ages) so if you really are saying you believe that he will contest and lose a second election after being in Government and you will take "Very Short Odds"  then I will happily take your wager. (The last one term Federal Government was in 1929).

So what are the "Very Short Odds?" 

Edited by cadete

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Yeah, the names are def coming... they well and truly exist.

There is no doubt about that, and some funding in WA for whatever Senator Cash was prepared to put herself out for...

Somehow, I dont think we have the same opinion on what is a SJW view...

Also he has complete control of his party (has had for ages) so if you really are saying you believe that he will contest and lose a second election after being in Government and you will take "Very Short Odds"  then I will happily take your wager. (The last one term Federal Government was in 1929).

So what are the "Very Short Odds?" 

I don't think Shorten has control of 'his' party. Merely the competing grouos/factions are acting in concert because it is in their best interest.

Well what I meant which I might've not made clear was he won't last as PM, either he'll get knifed or resign due to the scandals. (I agree that a lot of dirt will be exposed before the election but something big will be left as insurance for the future). Labor may retain their position in power but I don't see Shorten being a long term leader.

Would you like me to point out some of trendy SJW buzzwords Shorten has spat in the last couple years? Is being a hard nose conservative, alt right nerd or anti SJW become too mainstream now so pretending to be the bulls eye on the political political spectrum is the new edgy thing to do.

"I pay my taxes, haven't got a speeding fine in 10 years, supported the invasion of Iraq but not anymore, support true feminist, think both bikes and cars need to respect each other, have Muslim friends but hate ISIS,  I like both crunchy and smooth peanut butter and think Trump should be more respectful to women. I'm a Centrist".

23 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Would you like me to point out some of trendy SJW buzzwords Shorten has spat in the last couple years? Is being a hard nose conservative, alt right nerd or anti SJW become too mainstream now so pretending to be the bulls eye on the political political spectrum is the new edgy thing to do.

Seriously what are you talking about?

I am in my mid thirties and I have always been in the Center for my entire Political Life... TBH my biggest Political Belief is in the Australian Constitution and the Two Party System's ability to find the Middle Ground for the Australian Electorate.

Due to my family background I have interested in Politics from a young age (12 years old) to the extent that it was what I chose to study at school and uni and this has consistently been my principle belief long before the first SJW became a Vegan or the first Alt Right Nerd drank his Protein Shake.

The biggest change of Political Opinion that I have ever had actually only occurred last year and PPL close to me still find it amusing and all it was that I feel I am more now a Right Faction ALP person than a Left Leaning Liberal Man. 

41 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

"I pay my taxes, haven't got a speeding fine in 10 years, supported the invasion of Iraq but not anymore, support true feminist, think both bikes and cars need to respect each other, have Muslim friends but hate ISIS,  I like both crunchy and smooth peanut butter and think Trump should be more respectful to women. I'm a Centrist".

Why is that whenever you post about women on here you attack Feminism (As above) or provide some weird commentary you have about judging Prospective Dating Partners based on their  Racial Profile? 

Because being in a centrist in todays political climate is being a pussy to be completely frank. To be honest the centre is pretty much the lazy left now. Ten years ago my beliefs were considered centre (ish) now my beliefs are considered far right and they haven't change a whole lot. So how is that you're still in the centre? How is it that you think Shorten a stable "centre" candidate when he clearly sides with the Greens a lot, uses gay buzzwords and has virtually no right leaning policies at all. How'd we go from Gillard saying she supports traditional marriage to Shorten just about riding the giant dick float with the sailors at the mardi gra....  Are basing your opinion on what Shorten did and said 15 years ago? Are you completely ignoring what's going on in world right now? BTW left leaning Liberal men have as much testosterone as a 12 year old female gymnast so at least you jumped off that wagon. 

I attack feminism because its topical and relevant to many serious aspects of our lives as young men these days. Being a stable, sensible,  employed and happily married man (I assume), you probably think its a non-issue and that only basement dwellers complain about it. Its their excuse to why they cant get a girl or high paying job. True, just about anything is used by those types of people in society so irrelevant what the hermits of the world think. The real world stuff involves, nasty break ups where money/kids or the law causes guys to neck themselves at unbelievably high rates. Losing your job because of a crazy anti-male policy doesn't help either. Add the pop culture of shitting on men and claiming a pay gap based gender  (which Obama even talked about, wtf???) and you have some issues which warrants a serious fight. Now I'm not in any of those categories (besides a money dispute which I'm winning anyway) so I cant say its directly effected me. I'm 32, bought and sold a house, ran a small business, been in long and short relationships as well as moving, travelling and working overseas/interstate so I feel like I can quite easily join the "feminism doesn't effect real men" crew. I wouldn't consider myself a very successful guy but a lack of ambition is/was my problem not blue haired dykes. Truth is it'll really effect the 21 years olds of the world more than us. Our kids even worse. So yeah its important and seeing as women only ever really stoke up two emotions in me (lust and annoyance) then its gonna come up. 

Judging women based on their racial profile is probably the single most effective way of knowing what you're gonna get in a relationship as well as their relationship with their dads. Sorry if that's racist/sexist but I won't sit here and deny the most objective reality know to mankind. My 2 dramatically emotional latin girlfriends of the last 10 years are my antidotes which I hang my hat dick on. Those who have fucked a couple extroverted bimbo Chinese girls in the western world haven't broken any barriers,  it only takes a handful of finger wagging black single mums called Shaniqua to restore parody. 

Btw being hyperbolic can seem like weird or aggressive behaviour to some people but those people are usually bland, uptight or just don't know what funny is. Lighten up, pick a side and stop fart surfing in the wind. 

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

It’s laughable to suggest that the libs have moved to the right under Turnbull.

theyve moved well to the left. This government has economic policies well to the left of those enacted by the labor Hawke-Keating government.

to suggest anything else is to to deny history.

Turnbull has not taken the government to the left. He and with Abbott's undermining have taken them into confusion. The border policies remain as harsh, the support for low income earners has shrunk, tax cuts for corporations, the environmental policies are still Abbott's environmental policies. What we have is a lot of hot air but no concrete legislation. He has managed to create drift into solid policy.

On 21/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, NewConvert said:

Turnbull has not taken the government to the left. He and with Abbott's undermining have taken them into confusion. The border policies remain as harsh, the support for low income earners has shrunk, tax cuts for corporations, the environmental policies are still Abbott's environmental policies. What we have is a lot of hot air but no concrete legislation. He has managed to create drift into solid policy.

Completely agree... What Turnbull has essentially done is: nothing.

He has created a vibe of being more moderate but really just sat on his arse leaving the policies before him place but making them weaker due his lack of conviction.

And his one own policy has been his complete fuck up with school funding - Which has lost him the election.

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Tesla said:

How about that 10/10 budget though

It was a good budget (tax cuts are always good and a flat tax is excellent) but any budget where we owe money cannot be 10/10. Also no significant spending cuts.
7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, malloy said:

http://www.andrewbragg.com/supercheck

Database that shows how much industry super funds are donating to unions etc.

Well I have to ask how bad are the retail funds then?

I mean the industry funds:

* charge less fees

*have boards stacked with people of questionable skills and no relevant qualifications 

* donate money to unions for no good reason 

Yet despite all this they are still outperforming the retail mob! The mind boggles.

Edited by Shahanga

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well I have to ask how bad are the retail funds then?

I mean the industry funds:

* charge less fees

*have boards stacked with people of questionable skills and no relevant qualifications 

* donate money to unions for no good reason 

Yet despite all this they are still outperforming the retail mob! The mind boggles.

Tbh retail funds having significantly less funds under management is probably a large factor in them having a higher percentage rate of fees. 

Not that having high fees is a bad thing as long as its justified (usually doesn't seem to be).

I am more curious about how the money is justified to be paid to unions; I can understand if it part of it is due to director fees (as long as not exorbinant), but if there is any other basis of payment I wouldn't be too happy.

I believe there were rules recently brought in to rqeuire industry funds to have more independent directors, which is a good thing.

• 1 month later...

Seriously does Mr Birmingham have any clue?

A typical Sectarian South Australian who such an idiot he can not realize that any slim chance the Coalition had of remaining in Government he has thrown away into a Barrel and left it at a dirt farm somewhere near Elizabeth.

11 hours ago, cadete said:

Seriously does Mr Birmingham have any clue?

A typical Sectarian South Australian who such an idiot he can not realize that any slim chance the Coalition had of remaining in Government he has thrown away into a Barrel and left it at a dirt farm somewhere near Elizabeth.

What did he say that I missed?

On 7/17/2018 at 10:07 PM, NewConvert said:

What did he say that I missed?

He is attempting to ruin the lives of thousands of lower and middle-lower class students (Fuck loads of whom are not Catholic) who attend Catholic Primary Schools... by cutting funding dramatically using a system where schools receive funding on the basis of the SES of where the school is located.

Putting what PPL think of the Catholic Church aside, they reality is that such a system is simply one on Primary School students in general considering that Catholic Schools makes up more than of a third of all Primary Schools. In places were like Richmond where the Local Primary Schools are in high demand (Due to you know who) the school ends up enrolling the yuppies kids leaving the Migrant Kids in the area to have to attend the Catholic School despite being from other faiths.

Likewise several Catholic Primary Schools just past Footscray have more Buddhists and Muslims than Catholics. The SES system is stupid because a school's geographical location has nothing to do with the students attending the school. 

This can be explaining at the most basic level under Birmingham's plan, Geelong Grammar full of Australia's richest and the kids of Corrupt South East Asian Ministers (It is literally Australia's most expensive school) would receive more funding than a Catholic school in Kensington. This is because Corio where none of the Geelong Grammar come from is a low SES area and Kensington is a higher SES area.

The school in Kensington is mainly comprised of the children of Sudanese Migrants many who the school takes a loss on school fees from in the spirit of compassion. If these Catholic schools do not receive the level of funding that they have received from Federal Governments for 50 years now many would have to raise fees to level where more than a few would then have to close.

Yes, this effects me more because I am Catholic, but its just stupid illogical policy in regards to the Education Sector in general and if people care about tax if this policy happens then there will be more tax pay as more and more kids are forced to use the s. It also makes no sense why a Liberal Government wants to use the State System (That will need to be quickly and severely enlarged) also why does the Liberal Government a push against non state schools... in fact it feels very Soviet to me.

So for the Right inclined around here... who dont care about Education Funding, or even those who have a general disdain for Catholic Schools.

Do u want to pay a truckload more in taxes as the Government has to build a ton more new State Schools (which cost millions to build) in a system that is already in need major constant repair? 

Also do you want every school in the country to be a State School teaching the same exact State Directed Message devised by SJW teachers? 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Time to stop funding SCHOOLS and start funding STUDENTS.

Give each student an education voucher worth whatever thousand dollars, that can be redeemed at whichever school they want (public, private, catholic, etc).

An idea well worth genuine consideration.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, cadete said:

He is attempting to ruin the lives of thousands of lower and middle-lower class students (Fuck loads of whom are not Catholic) who attend Catholic Primary Schools... by cutting funding dramatically using a system where schools receive funding on the basis of the SES of where the school is located.

Putting what PPL think of the Catholic Church aside, they reality is that such a system is simply one on Primary School students in general considering that Catholic Schools makes up more than of a third of all Primary Schools. In places were like Richmond where the Local Primary Schools are in high demand (Due to you know who) the school ends up enrolling the yuppies kids leaving the Migrant Kids in the area to have to attend the Catholic School despite being from other faiths.

Likewise several Catholic Primary Schools just past Footscray have more Buddhists and Muslims than Catholics. The SES system is stupid because a school's geographical location has nothing to do with the students attending the school. 

This can be explaining at the most basic level under Birmingham's plan, Geelong Grammar full of Australia's richest and the kids of Corrupt South East Asian Ministers (It is literally Australia's most expensive school) would receive more funding than a Catholic school in Kensington. This is because Corio where none of the Geelong Grammar come from is a low SES area and Kensington is a higher SES area.

The school in Kensington is mainly comprised of the children of Sudanese Migrants many who the school takes a loss on school fees from in the spirit of compassion. If these Catholic schools do not receive the level of funding that they have received from Federal Governments for 50 years now many would have to raise fees to level where more than a few would then have to close.

Yes, this effects me more because I am Catholic, but its just stupid illogical policy in regards to the Education Sector in general and if people care about tax if this policy happens then there will be more tax pay as more and more kids are forced to use the s. It also makes no sense why a Liberal Government wants to use the State System (That will need to be quickly and severely enlarged) also why does the Liberal Government a push against non state schools... in fact it feels very Soviet to me.

So for the Right inclined around here... who dont care about Education Funding, or even those who have a general disdain for Catholic Schools.

Do u want to pay a truckload more in taxes as the Government has to build a ton more new State Schools (which cost millions to build) in a system that is already in need major constant repair? 

Also do you want every school in the country to be a State School teaching the same exact State Directed Message devised by SJW teachers? 

I'm with you on this one. Foe the record I don't object to Catholic schools although I never attended one but some of my best friends did. And yes the SES is just bad. As for SWJ - I do believe that good ol' JC would have qualified as one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, haz said:

Im surprised that this thread isnt 'hot'. Or is everyone just sitting back with popcorn in their hands?

It's just a reflection of how the public switched off politics some time ago. Likewise you will see how no-one bats an eyelid any more at the revelation of another corruption scandal in the public service.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's just a reflection of how the public switched off politics some time ago. Likewise you will see how no-one bats an eyelid any more at the revelation of another corruption scandal in the public service.

Hard to care anymore. Makes little difference to me who is in power or not. Libs or Alp the world keeps spinning and city keep letting me down. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I’ll give you something.

Very excited by the potential for a liberal government tomorrow (at last)

What you may have meant to say was a conservative government.

The Liberal Party is split. It shouldn't even try to exist as one anymore. The conservatives will never be happy with genuine liberal politics so the whole joint has been disappearing up its own arse ever since Howard.

21 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

What you may have meant to say was a conservative government.

The Liberal Party is split. It shouldn't even try to exist as one anymore. The conservatives will never be happy with genuine liberal politics so the whole joint has been disappearing up its own arse ever since Howard.

You do realize that the ALP is also split... its formally split into its Faction System but right now its looks tight knit when we all know it was not that long ago when it looked anything but tight knit.

Its easy to see constant disunity in a Party in this position, the leadership change wont change the Government's fortunes but it may save seats if a New Leader can release a new Energy Platform and announce the new School Funding deal that Turnbull has apparently almost completed by taking it off Birmingham's hands.

That's why this has occurred, Dutton and Co waited for Turnbull to take the brunt of the Energy Reversal and so that the new leader can launch a new Energy and School Funding Policies as those of a new regime. (Also its hardly a surprise that the first Ministers to resign and then turn to Dutton where Victorians... as they have the most to lose if the Old School Funding Deal went through).

Edited by cadete

Yep, fair enough @cadete.

It's politics, so of course we're not going to 100% agree. I don't think Labor being formally split makes the Liberal party any less so. RGR was a farce but currently Coalition is on par. 

I have worked in the energy industry for a decade so you'll have to excuse me if i don't have much sympathy for the right-wing of the Coalition. Can't comment on school funding, so i'll take your advice on that. 

Would be nice to see a fiscally conservative but centralist party that wasn't beholden to its fringes. But someone should "tell him he's dreaming".

10 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Yep, fair enough @cadete.

It's politics, so of course we're not going to 100% agree. I don't think Labor being formally split makes the Liberal party any less so. RGR was a farce but currently Coalition is on par. 

I have worked in the energy industry for a decade so you'll have to excuse me if i don't have much sympathy for the right-wing of the Coalition. Can't comment on school funding, so i'll take your advice on that. 

Would be nice to see a fiscally conservative but centralist party that wasn't beholden to its fringes. But someone should "tell him he's dreaming".

I think anybody who is an advocate of Traditional Australian Politics and its Westminster System of Government would be a fool to not vote for the ALP at the next election.

This just being as it is the far more stable option ATM, sadly many voted for the Coalition when they got into Power for the same reason and of course nothing changed. 

Turnbull most be spewing, clearly from just losing the Spill Vote and then confirmed when Dutton did not have a majority in the first New Leadership vote some lies had been told in Liberal Circles from the Conservative side...

One thing is for sure that the two Ministers who spoke to him yesterday about how he did not have close to a majority of supporters did not have all the mail.