Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/11/18/54/sydney-tech-heads-implanting-microchips-in-hands

Ok so here am I thinking we currently don't have enough privacy as is it and now the 'Mark of the Beast' has become a reality.

Interesting how they're gonna market this shit to the brain dead masses... "WOW! You'll never need to charge a device ever again!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/11/18/54/sydney-tech-heads-implanting-microchips-in-hands

Ok so here am I thinking we currently don't have enough privacy as is it and now the 'Mark of the Beast' has become a reality.

Interesting how they're gonna market this shit to the brain dead masses... "WOW! You'll never need to charge a device ever again!"

Sold, I'm going back to church and praying that God smite the unbelievers 

• Like 1

I saw an article recently about how this is taking off - for identification of company employees IIRC - in Silicon Valley in the U.S. 

Just enjoy life until it becomes a compulsory i.d. device. for everything.

Edited by jw1739

6 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That will be the point I give up on the West and move to India 

Cue for a discussion on the gradual erosion of personal freedoms.

A long time ago the Sydney Morning Herald carried a weekly(?) front-page feature entitled "Column Eight" and this was syndicated to the Newcastle Morning Herald where I read it. The particular discussion I recall was about the number of licences/permits/other legal requirements required to legally go fishing from a motor boat in NSW.

IMO we don't take the retention of personal freedoms seriously enough. The more rules are introduced the less people actually think for themselves.

• Like 2

Frustrate us with shit smart phone batteries and shitty banking practices for a decade then slowly introduce these awesome new chips which make life soooooo much easier!! Now the government and banks can cut me off financially or just up straight leak cyanide into my nervous system coz you know.. #thisisthefuture 

Well played Bilderberg group but you wont be implanting shit into my hand, head or even my asshole (which i was perviously open to). 

Frustrate us with shit smart phone batteries and shitty banking practices for a decade then slowly introduce these awesome new chips which make life soooooo much easier!! Now the government and banks can cut me off financially or just up straight leak cyanide into my nervous system coz you know.. #thisisthefuture 

Well played Bilderberg group but you wont be implanting shit into my hand, head or even my asshole (which i was perviously open to). 

TBH I dont really care about the Chip thing like you do but how the fuck can we get to this point and yet still if I want to withdraw money from an ATM than is not my bank I have to pay an extra $2.50?

Not only this... when he was Treasurer Peter Costello flagged this issue as something the Government wanted to tackle post the 2007 election.

Instead we got Rudd and heard nothing since.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Cue for a discussion on the gradual erosion of personal freedoms.

A long time ago the Sydney Morning Herald carried a weekly(?) front-page feature entitled "Column Eight" and this was syndicated to the Newcastle Morning Herald where I read it. The particular discussion I recall was about the number of licences/permits/other legal requirements required to legally go fishing from a motor boat in NSW.

IMO we don't take the retention of personal freedoms seriously enough. The more rules are introduced the less people actually think for themselves.

But a large percentage of the population think we need more rules and actively campaign for them. So in affect we shafted ourselves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

But a large percentage of the population think we need more rules and actively campaign for them. So in affect we shafted ourselves.

Was at a friend's house last week and I was complaining about how much tax aussies pay on ciggies and said "it's not the governments place to tell us what we can and can't do" 

At this point my friends ideolistic lefty gf states "I disagree." so I asked her where they got their authority from besides being at the end of a long line of arbitrarily accepted rulers since colonisation. Much to my surprise she agreed with me and conceded the point. 

Blows my mind that anyone thinks government intervention as anything other than a last resort is a good thing. 

• Like 6

On 9/15/2017 at 4:26 PM, bt50 said:

Not sure this is exactly the right spot for it, but this is 100% spot on. Don't let his televison personality fool you, Sam Newman is a smart egg when he's not in front of the camera.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sam-newman-on-same-sex-marriage-political-correctness-and-whats-wrong-with-america/news-story/8daa4280cd2147a51616d323e4998037

Has to be the biggest bogan afl twat but I'm with him on his political views 

9 hours ago, HeartFc said:

So I heard rumours on social media of letterboxes being broken into all week and people stealing voting slips. Well I get home tonight (living with the folks) and their locked letter box door is ripped off the hinges, no mail today. I guess its wasn't rumours. #itsanoforme

IMG_2914.JPG

No shit.. Someone cleared my Letterbox as well.

Which is really annoying as I am waiting for a few Items to be delivered and I really hope they did not take any cards left due to the Postman being unable to deliver.

• Like 1

At the end of the day the only thing that this vote really achieves is the ability for Malcolm Turnbull to go on the ABC every other week in his Leather Jacket and say that he brought in "Marriage Equality" once he gets booted next year.

He will live off it for life and use it as verification for him to get behind the camera and constantly critique future Prime Ministers (Like how he criticized his own PM) just like Rudd does with how it was  him that "Said Sorry" and Fraser did for decades with how he "Took in record numbers of migrants in regards to Vietnamese Refugees".

The one thing in common with all of these so called achievements is that they all would have happened anyway...

Costello was keen to "Say Sorry".
Any Australian PM would have felt compelled to take Catholic Vietnamese Refugees escaping genuine religious persecution  after our involvement in the fuck up that was Vietnam.
And if the vote fails - Shorten's first job as PM would be to get parliament to push through Marriage Equality.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ye spot on, this whole postal vote is a massive farce. Waste of money and its not legally binding, its basically Turnbull virtue signalling. Should've been added to the ballot papers for the next election. 

I agree. The postal ballot is not binding, and it's not even a genuine reflection of the views of the people judging by the reports of vandalised letter boxes etc. It has every chance of creating more controversy than previously existed.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I agree. The postal ballot is not binding, and it's not even a genuine reflection of the views of the people judging by the reports of vandalised letter boxes etc. It has every chance of creating more controversy than previously existed.

But the alternative seems to be bringing it in without a vote.

Ill take the vote thanks.

Well surely Australia has hit an all time low with the disgusting and moronic behaviour going on, and let's face it most of it is coming from people voting yes.

The things I've seen, read, or heard from others, even I'm shocked and you guys have probably realise by now I'm pretty cynical and generally expect the worst from people.

As much as I don't want to be associated with this scum, I'm going to be voting yes, since the whole point of this was to get people's honest opinions in a respectful manner, something that everyone seems to have forgotten.

That's if I even get a chance to vote seeing as I haven't received anything yet and taking note of the above posts.

Oh and I refuse to blame the government for this mess because TBH I think people who were against the plebiscite in the first place are now throwing a tantrum and making the whole thing fucked on purpose.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Well surely Australia has hit an all time low with the disgusting and moronic behaviour going on, and let's face it most of it is coming from people voting yes.

Conspiracy theories could be made for each side, but I would have thought a 'no' campaigner be more likely to be behind the stealing of votes considering there were two bags of discarded envelopes found for Brunswick which would probably have one of the highest concentration of yes votes in Australia. 

Either way whoever loses is probably going to question the validity of the vote now that theres a few questionable things going on. 

Edited by hedaik

2 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Conspiracy theories could be made for each side, but I would have thought a 'no' campaigner be more likely to be behind the stealing of votes considering there were two bags of discarded envelopes found for Brunswick which would probably have one of the highest concentration of yes votes in Australia. 

Either way whoever loses is probably going to question the validity of the vote now that theres a few questionable things going on. 

As per usual, if you're an out and out activist on either side of the debate, chances are you're probably a crumb. :rolleyes:

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, hedaik said:

Your argument is logical, but given the way a lot of yes campaigners have gone "full retard" about this, I'd suggest it's more likely they are behind it. On the basis that  places like Brunswick are targeted simply because that's where they live, so it's easier (even if it makes no sense).

3 hours ago, cadete said:

How the fuck could someone be so dumb that they would think headbutting Tony Abbott will help the "Yes" campaign?

How the fuck could people be so dumb as to think that bullying and ridiculing potential no voters would make them want to change their mind?

Head butting just dovetails in with their other stunts if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

How the fuck could people be so dumb as to think that bullying and ridiculing potential no voters would make them want to change their mind?

Head butting just dovetails in with their other stunts if you ask me.

Should probably also be mentioned that only certain types of "No Voters" have been ridiculed whilst others preaching the same message have been left to their own devices.