Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

No I dont...

However, it could be fucked up if The Left try hard enough to isolate the public by labeling all opponents of the change and PPL undecided as Homophobic... like Tim Minchin already has of course then maybe the vote could fuck up. (That is how Hillary lost the election she was meant to easily win.)

Average Australians love to Protest Vote when they feel like they are being told to behave a certain way or that will act a certain way.

Yeh i agree with that premise although i think Yes will get up regardless.

The (far) left's bullying tactics around this issue will definitely cost them votes though. It staggers me that after Brexit and Trump they still can't work out most of it is their fault with their retarded identity politics.

Side note - Tim Minchin is a total fuckwit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think the no vote will get up.

But oh boy oh boy wowee, Barnaby might be a Kiwi :blink:

always thought that there was a bit of a resemblance to Sir Joh there

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Can we have a quick vote here? Who is voting Yes and who is voting No?

Secret ballot here ........

I'll vote yes, because i believe in liberty and that people should be able to do whatever they want if it doesnt impact others.

Doesnt mean i think people that vote no are necessarily homophobic though, in most cases i think they're not. As det said tho, the temptation to vote no to annoy all these outrage loving, moral high horse riding fuckwits definitely is tempting though.

6 minutes ago, HakoahLover69 said:

i vote no

gay marriage = one step closer to a godless world

marriage implies natural reproduction

man + man = no natural reproduction

woman + woman = no natural reproduction

dont like it? fuck off we're full

no wonder islam is gaining traction

glory to god and his prophet

I reckon half the accounts on this forum are just multiple users for the same person

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm voting yes because as somebody who isn't planning on marrying somebody of the same sex it has literally no effect on my life whatsoever except it means I get to attend more of my friends' weddings.

Don't we have a wider responsibility than just our own lives? I think that's a dilemma that many people are wrestling with.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't we have a wider responsibility than just our own lives? I think that's a dilemma that many people are wrestling with.

I agree we do have a wider responsibility to others. That's another reason to vote yes, as the only people who actually will be effected by it are the ones who wish to be married.

46 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm voting yes because as somebody who isn't planning on marrying somebody of the same sex it has literally no effect on my life whatsoever except it means I get to attend more of my friends' weddings.

The traditional University Election Campaign of Free Piss (More Weddings = More Free Piss) - Probably would be a better campaign for the Australian Public than the one we will see rolled out consistently of Pinkos labeling their opponents Homophobic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cadete said:

The traditional University Election Campaign of Free Piss (More Weddings = More Free Piss) - Probably would be a better campaign for the Australian Public than the one we will see rolled out consistently of Pinkos labeling their opponents Homophobic.

If anything loses it for the yes campaign it's the lefts rhetoric 

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Can we have a quick vote here? Who is voting Yes and who is voting No?

Disagree with it. Not natural and I go by my Christian values. The media and politics are trying to brainwash society to thinking it is normal. I am a year 12 leader at my school and I went to VICSRC congress (an event with school leaders around Victoria). I am shocked and sickened by how many of the next generation are brainwashed. People today do not seak the truth and they listen to what the majority say. If you disagree with a topic regards to science or politics, you will most likely be targeted. I pray for society and hope that this generation and the next will find the truth themselves

Edited by AlexJones
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Disagree with it. Not natural and I go by my Christian values. The media and politics are trying to brainwash society to thinking it is normal. I am a year 12 leader at my school and I went to VICSRC congress (an event with school leaders around Victoria). I am shocked and sickened by how many of the next generation are brainwashed. People today do not seak the truth and they listen to what the majority say. If you disagree with a topic regards to science or politics, you will most likely be targeted. I pray for society and hope that this generation and the next will find the truth themselves

What majority? Have you been watching too much ABC and CNN? Majority say No! In the name of Allah., vote NO.

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

I agree we do have a wider responsibility to others. That's another reason to vote yes, as the only people who actually will be effected by it are the ones who wish to be married.

On that I must disagree with you. Ripples on a pond. It's very difficult to assess what longer-term effects there may be. 

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What majority? Have you been watching too much ABC and CNN? Majority say No! In the name of Allah., vote NO.

look u r right. Thats y labor and greens dont want to put it to a referendum. But i wasnt really referring to that. I was just saying in general people should stop beleiving everything they here, Science for example

I get triggered by people saying it effects no one but the gay couples who want to get married. Bullshit. That may be true if you think of marriage as just some arbitrary agreement between people to be legally tied to together. But that's not what it is, Marriage is the foundation of the family structure and as such its a social institution that is a pillar of our society. Marriage and family life aggregates up to something way bigger than the sum of its parts. The decline in how seriously its treated is retarding children's upbringing broadly. The people I know who were raised in single parent households/broken homes are more often than not pretty fucked up. 50%+ divorce rates are fucked up. The degenerate shit you see everywhere is fucked up. Lazy directionless man child 18-25 year olds are fucked up. I have to live in this world and we shouldn't be watering down the institution of marriage, we should be doing the opposite. If you fiddle with it a little bit then why can't you fiddle with it a lot? The slippery slope argument holds weight for me. I don't think non-traditional family structures should be demonised, but they sure as hell shouldn't be encouraged. UOTYH: Kids need a mum and dad.

Plus this is just one piece in a larger postmodernist cultural Marxist west hating agenda that I fucking resent.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

look u r right. Thats y labor and greens dont want to put it to a referendum. But i wasnt really referring to that. I was just saying in general people should stop beleiving everything they here, Science for example

...and English teachers

51 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

With respect (and noting you are quite young) I'd be careful about calling others 'brainwashed' given you appear to be a practicing Christian. They are your values and beliefs to hold dear but to others they are magic stories.

We we are all brainwashed, bigoted and biased in our own ways it's just that most people never admit it to themselves.

Each to their own i say (straight, gay, atheist, religious, pious or greedy). Same sex couples already have the legal rights we are only voting to change the word. There may be ripple effects but on balance I think that is an acceptable risk. Societies, values and norms change over time....that is just life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I get triggered by people saying it effects no one but the gay couples who want to get married. Bullshit. That may be true if you think of marriage as just some arbitrary agreement between people to be legally tied to together. But that's not what it is, Marriage is the foundation of the family structure and as such its a social institution that is a pillar of our society. Marriage and family life aggregates up to something way bigger than the sum of its parts. The decline in how seriously its treated is retarding children's upbringing broadly. The people I know who were raised in single parent households/broken homes are more often than not pretty fucked up. 50%+ divorce rates are fucked up. The degenerate shit you see everywhere is fucked up. Lazy directionless man child 18-25 year olds are fucked up. I have to live in this world and we shouldn't be watering down the institution of marriage, we should be doing the opposite. If you fiddle with it a little bit then why can't you fiddle with it a lot? The slippery slope argument holds weight for me. I don't think non-traditional family structures should be demonised, but they sure as hell shouldn't be encouraged. UOTYH: Kids need a mum and dad.

Plus this is just one piece in a larger postmodernist cultural Marxist west hating agenda that I fucking resent.

Can't blame 'the gays' for anything written above. The institution of marriage is without doubt failing but that is a different issue to marriage equality / SSM.

As someone raised by a single divorced mother I completely agree - would have been much better to be raised by Ma & Pa. But while people get pregnant at young ages and outside of marriage and we put no restrictions on their lives (in fact we support through welfare payments) I see no reason to restrict the right of same sex couples.

P.S. I turned out fine (even with only one parent) and am getting married to my wonderful fiancé later this year as is my right as a straight male.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Referendum? 

Where would they add an Equal Opportunity Marriage Act into the Australian Constitution? 

2 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Can't blame 'the gays' for anything written above. The institution of marriage is without doubt failing but that is a different issue to marriage equality / SSM.

As someone raised by a single divorced mother I completely agree - would have been much better to be raised by Ma & Pa. But while people get pregnant at young ages and outside of marriage and we put no restrictions on their lives (in fact we support through welfare payments) I see no reason to restrict the right of same sex couples.

P.S. I turned out fine (even with only one parent) and am getting married to my wonderful fiancé later this year as is my right as a straight male.

Never said the gays are the reason. But they're a vehicle to degrade something that doesn't need any more degrading.

Edited by Jimmy

2 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

With respect (and noting you are quite young) I'd be careful about calling others 'brainwashed' given you appear to be a practicing Christian. They are your values and beliefs to hold dear but to others they are magic stories.

We we are all brainwashed, bigoted and biased in our own ways it's just that most people never admit it to themselves.

Each to their own i say (straight, gay, atheist, religious, pious or greedy). Same sex couples already have the legal rights we are only voting to change the word. There may be ripple effects but on balance I think that is an acceptable risk. Societies, values and norms change over time....that is just life.

Look i am young. My thoughts are not as wise as a middle age person or an old person. But what am addressing is people should think open minded and not be closed minded. I saw what the media was saying about Donald Trump and how he is bad and all. I didnt just beleive everything the media said. I did my own research (6 Google search pages) and came to my own conclusion. That is just an example. People my age and in uni just go with the crowd. All i want is to see this generation and next generation not get brainwashed. They should think for themselves. I dont want to start an argument and i am glad we are having this conversation 

• Like 3

Just now, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: The most annoying thing about this whole plebiscite thing is seeing how few people understand how our constitution and referendums work.

Yeah I def agree on that one...

Almost but not quite as annoying when PPL did not understand in our last Referendum how a President being elected by two thirds of Parliament was proposed because it meant the system would basically remain as similar as possible to what it is now rather than create a new Public Position for the Major Parties to fight over.

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I've studied constitutional law and hardly get it, the average punter shouldnt be held to such a high standard 

True - But I think Australians with a High School Education should probably be aware that we dont have anything like a Bill of Rights in there...

18 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

FWIW same sex couples can already adopt children so marriage will not change anything in that regard. Also traditional family structures are a social construct, and as such they can change over time. There was a time where the idea of women going to work was considered a threat to traditional family structures, but society has moved along since then. I've met plenty of people raised by same sex couples that have turned out fine, as well as people raised by single parents that have turned out fine. I've also met plenty of deadshits raised by both a mother and a father.

I'm not going to keep posting my opinion on this matter in here as it is pretty pointless at this point seeing as my views are the ones most commonly expressed in the media and there's no sense in it being constantly repeated.

13 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I've studied constitutional law and hardly get it, the average punter shouldnt be held to such a high standard 

Man not even our politicians seem to get it, not fully understanding one section in particular seems to be causing a lot of them a few issues :tooth:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Screenshot_2017-08-14-14-53-26.png

Its great that can you do a Google search but did you actually read that Opinion Article?

The bloke that wrote that Article is not by a Professor in Constitutional Lawyer but a former Senior Lecturer a long time ago in Psychology... and it reads as such.

Edited by cadete

12 minutes ago, cadete said:

Its great that can you do a Google search but did you actually read that Opinion Article?

The bloke that wrote that Article is not a Professor in Constitutional Lawyer but a former Senior Lecturer a long time ago in Psychology... and it reads as such.

Its great show i was just addressing to u that is has gone to a public vote

45 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Look i am young. My thoughts are not as wise as a middle age person or an old person. But what am addressing is people should think open minded and not be closed minded. I saw what the media was saying about Donald Trump and how he is bad and all. I didnt just beleive everything the media said. I did my own research (6 Google search pages) and came to my own conclusion. That is just an example. People my age and in uni just go with the crowd. All i want is to see this generation and next generation not get brainwashed. They should think for themselves. I dont want to start an argument and i am glad we are having this conversation 

Great post mate. Congratulations for speaking your mind. Your opinion on this and other things is as valuable as anyone else's.