Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Turnbull is annoying me on this issue. Has there ever been such a wimpy PM trying to please all people all the time? Let the Fair Work Commission do its job or disband it.

Not in recent memory, he was exactly the same way as far as being indecisive when he was Opposition Leader ... but for some reason the Party decided it would not be same when he was PM.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Turnbull is annoying me on this issue. Has there ever been such a wimpy PM trying to please all people all the time? Let the Fair Work Commission do its job or disband it.

Isnt it the whole reason the FWC exists so politics stays out as much as possible from these decisions. Both parties need to fuck off and just let them do their job,

• Like 6

Took a while, but thank fuck Pauline finally said enough of the blatantly dumb shit that runs around her head to remind the whole of Australia that she and her party are not a legitimate alternative to the Major Parties.

(Sure we will get some headlines from the upcoming state elections from PPL voting for her in the Cowboy States, but just her first foray into Politics and PUP... the more attention she receives the more she will shoot herself in her foot.)

Also thankfully we have Constitution that can restrict such idiots like her... rather than one which consists of things like First Past the Post Voting, non-compulsory voting and  separate elections for the nation's Political Leader.)

38 minutes ago, cadete said:

Took a while, but thank fuck Pauline finally said enough of the blatantly dumb shit that runs around her head to remind the whole of Australia that she and her party are not a legitimate alternative to the Major Parties.

(Sure we will get some headlines from the upcoming state elections from PPL voting for her in the Cowboy States, but just her first foray into Politics and PUP... the more attention she receives the more she will shoot herself in her foot.)

Also thankfully we have Constitution that can restrict such idiots like her... rather than one which consists of things like First Past the Post Voting, non-compulsory voting and  separate elections for the nation's Political Leader.)

People said the same about Trump and Brexit - that it just wouldn't happen. You're forgetting that most people are not as intelligent and analytical as you undoubtedly are (I'm being fair dinkum there). There is a disillusionment with the political systems and politicians who have brought us to where we are today, and in such situations - whether real or imagined - both the extreme left and the extreme right make gains at the expense of more middle-of-the-road voters. Most Hanson supporters will vote for One Nation irrespective of what she says.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

This is it - same applies to the God Emperor. 

Sadly there is no viable alt right option in Australia and nobody with the stature of a Trump ready to unshackle us from the chains of the political elites.

A credible RW party would romp home here in Oz. We have been in a state of political fibrillation for years in this country. Shit, look at Andrews. What a dead shit leftie he is, and yet he made some promises and got in, and now every time I drive over what used to be a level crossing and I'm not held up for 10 minutes I thank him and say "He might be a leftie but thank Christ at least the bastard is doing something."

(I've had too many pre-dinner drinks.)

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

A credible RW party would romp home here in Oz. We have been in a state of political fibrillation for years in this country. Shit, look at Andrews. What a dead shit leftie he is, and yet he made some promises and got in, and now every time I drive over what used to be a level crossing and I'm not held up for 10 minutes I thank him and say "He might be a leftie but thank Christ at least the bastard is doing something."

I actually like Andrew's for this reason (excluding the EWL debacle) until the CFA stuff happened. TBH crime is out of control in Vic atm too so he's slid a fair bit in my humble opinion

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

People said the same about Trump and Brexit - that it just wouldn't happen. You're forgetting that most people are not as intelligent and analytical as you undoubtedly are (I'm being fair dinkum there). There is a disillusionment with the political systems and politicians who have brought us to where we are today, and in such situations - whether real or imagined - both the extreme left and the extreme right make gains at the expense of more middle-of-the-road voters. Most Hanson supporters will vote for One Nation irrespective of what she says.

Having grown up in Australia, where any referendum has to have two thirds majority with compulsory voting and two thirds of the states voting in favour (thus providing a comfortable bias towards the status quo), I was staggered that the Brexit referendum was for a simple majority - and as English expats friends of mine discovered, who were not allowed to vote because they had been outside of GB for over 15 years. So the Brexit result was not a surprise and I called it. Once again grateful for a decent constitution.

Trump is a different beast because he lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote. Of course Australia had its Trump in Clive Palmer. Same noises but different results because the system requires a majority in Parliament, unlike the USA Presidency. Given that voting is compulsory then the likelyhood of a someone like Palmer winning enough seats was always unlikely. And once they open their mouths then they get caught out.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:30 PM, jw1739 said:

The amount of money a Major Party spends in polling would suggest that this not the case... both parties poll extensively on all issues to remain relevant to voters to win elections and form Government. I do concede that more RW Coalition that what is happening ATM would probably capture more prospective Coalition voters.

Personally I think with the shithouse standard of Political Leadership on both sides currently and since 2007 means that the ALP are very good chance at the next election. I am sure it has crossed those involved that putting the much more charismatic Albo (Every ALP Members preferred leader) in with a short amount of time before the next election could get them the result.

Essentially doing a Steve Bracks or what Turnbull should have done, instead of calling the election too late.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

I'm hardly a feminist but this female pedestrian lights shit just reminds me of the old adage 'pick your battles'.

It's not that big of a deal.

Whose paying for it by the way, if it's the City of Melbourne as opposed to the state government then my level of fucks given is literally zero. 

Fwiw, it's also worth adding that I see the ability to 'pick your battles' to be a masculine trait and the opposite to be a feminine trait, and I doubt that many blokes actually give a fuck, just saying let this one through to the keeper in my opinion.

Quality trolling with the school crossing signs though. 

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I'm hardly a feminist but this female pedestrian lights shit just reminds me of the old adage 'pick your battles'.

It's not that big of a deal.

Whose paying for it by the way, if it's the City of Melbourne as opposed to the state government then my level of fucks given is literally zero. 

Fwiw, it's also worth adding that I see the ability to 'pick your battles' to be a masculine trait and the opposite to be a feminine trait, and I doubt that many blokes actually give a fuck, just saying let this one through to the keeper in my opinion.

Quality trolling with the school crossing signs though. 

Was paid for by a women's rights group. Couldn't care less would rather waste my outrage elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Was paid for by a women's rights group. Couldn't care less would rather waste my outrage elsewhere 

They actually paid for them to be changed/installed?

If that's true, go nuts. Can they pay for all future pedestrian crossing lights that need to be built? 

This actually brings me to a great idea. Let's auction off all pedestrian crossing lights. Not only do you pay to change them, but pay a fee for advertising on them. Feminist groups, LGBTI groups, even corporations. Why isn't this happening already. Get it done supreme overloads. 

Privatised pedestrian crossing lights, what is this free market utopia. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, HeartFc said:

It's all well and good to say if the women's group pays for it then go nuts... but if the women's group receives money from the government then its basically the same thing.

Yeah true, but wasting 5 million for some bullshit reason pales in comparison to burning a cool billion to not build (well actually, to delay the building of) a tunnel we need.  Wasting 5 mill almost looks like "good governance" in comparison.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah true, but wasting 5 million for some bullshit reason pales in comparison to burning a cool billion to not build (well actually, to delay the building of) a tunnel we need.  Wasting 5 mill almost looks like "good governance" in comparison.

47 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Ye can't disagree with that. Maybe it was a genius tactic used by Daniel "The Retard" Andrews. Start off your term by wasting a billion dollars worth of tax players money so everything else looks like peanuts. 

Both are wastes of amounts of money that could and should be put to better use. It is not a valid argument to say that something like 5 million is a relatively small amount of money and can therefore be wasted. Unfortunately it is the argument being used and accepted for wasting so much of this country's wealth. A thief is still a thief whether he steals $1 or $1m.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

The "cool billion" not to build is the price the public pays for corruption. The contract was signed with a secret side letter - the first and only ever side letter signed by a Victorian government. Having been born in a region infamous for corruption, this is precisely the way that kickbacks are obtained - sign a "commercial in confidence" agreement that is not subject to public scrutiny and then screw the taxpayer and society. I do not know who got what from the former government but someone will be laughing all the way to the bank.

A very good friend of mine who worked for a tier 3 company got asked to make a quotation in one week - they got told work out what was their biggest  project in the last five years as the base price, estimate a multiple to size it up, work on inflation about three time the inflation rate and add a fudge factor. They got compensated for creating a sham bid. There is absolutely no way that in the amount of time that the bidders were given that a proper formal bid could have been written.

What I do find alarming though is the ability for people to meekly accept corruption and blame the successors instead.

No doubt the libs cooked the contract so it would blow up in Daniel Downers face and doing so left the public with the bill. Its the insurance policy every out going government uses to get back at the new government. Fact still remains, the road should've been built and all that was achieved was more hookers and coke for those building company directors. 

Oh come on, 'secret side letter', it was a necessary move that had to be made because the Labor party were talking very dangerously of taking action to void the contract and bring Victoria down to the level of a third world country. It is 100% the current state governments fault, they forced the side letter with their threats, and they cancelled the contract at great cost.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Oh come on, 'secret side letter', it was a necessary move that had to be made because the Labor party were talking very dangerously of taking action to void the contract and bring Victoria down to the level of a third world country. It is 100% the current state governments fault, they forced the side letter with their threats, and they cancelled the contract at great cost.

Welcome to Latin America. Secret deals, wheels within wheels, all justified because of the opposition. 

On 10/03/2017 at 6:52 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

It was actually paid for by an Electrical company & Commitee for Melbourne (which doesnt seem like a womens rights group from what I can work out) and only cost $8000.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-07/female-traffic-light-signals-melbourne-pedestrian-crossing/8330560

The program has been funded by the Committee for Melbourne and Bayswater company Camlex Electrical.

Bigger issue for me is the motives behind this and if the electrical company is doing this in an attempt to win a contract from the Government to change more of the lights over

http://webapps.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/prequal.nsf/98c3ad782b26559b4a257015000af4b5/2f992a91d379cd2bca2575bb00086c43?OpenDocument

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, hedaik said:

It was actually paid for by an Electrical company & Commitee for Melbourne (which doesnt seem like a womens rights group from what I can work out) and only cost $8000.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-07/female-traffic-light-signals-melbourne-pedestrian-crossing/8330560

The program has been funded by the Committee for Melbourne and Bayswater company Camlex Electrical.

Bigger issue for me is the motives behind this and if the electrical company is doing this in an attempt to win a contract from the Government to change more of the lights over

http://webapps.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/prequal.nsf/98c3ad782b26559b4a257015000af4b5/2f992a91d379cd2bca2575bb00086c43?OpenDocument

Committee for Melbourne - unelected self-appointed group of "business,academic and community" people (CEO a woman) deciding what should happen in our community...

As far as I can see, Camlex is simply a contractor who already does/has done traffic control installations for VicRoads. Probably a good move for them to support the Committee to generate further business opportunities.

Worth having a look at the Committee's web-site http://melbourne.org.au/ and delving into where their tentacles extend. I haven't found a list of members yet. The cynic in me is confident that there's a lot behind the scenes with this Committee that Joe Public doesn't know about.

4 hours ago, hedaik said:

If the government paid for this rather than this Commitee for Melbourne the bill would have been $8m and not $8,000

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tesla said:

If the government paid for this rather than this Commitee for Melbourne the bill would have been $8m and not $8,000

Doesn't mean it's a good thing. Just the tip of the iceberg - the feminazis will eventually want 50% of signals to be feminine/female/whatever and we know that the taxpayer will pay for it in the end.

Now there's an idea - special levy on feminine/female taxpayers to pay for "gender equality" or whatever it is the feminazis want.

• 2 weeks later...

It's time Australia followed the lead of countries like Israel and Hungary and passed laws requiring NGOs to disclose the foreign sources of funding. Nothing wrong with greater transparency. Especially in light of these Saudia Arabia 9/11 law suits in the US starting with a key focus being Saudi funded charities.

Of course Labor and the Greens will try stop it, but numbers should be there aside from them. 

It's not like we don't already know Soros is funding Get Up, but let's have it clear and open for everyone to see. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tesla said:

It's time Australia followed the lead of countries like Israel and Hungary and passed laws requiring NGOs to disclose the foreign sources of funding. Nothing wrong with greater transparency. Especially in light of these Saudia Arabia 9/11 law suits in the US starting with a key focus being Saudi funded charities.

Of course Labor and the Greens will try stop it, but numbers should be there aside from them. 

It's not like we don't already know Soros is funding Get Up, but let's have it clear and open for everyone to see. 

That leftie fuckwit

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tesla said:

20 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That leftie fuckwit

19 hours ago, Tesla said:

The biggest leftie fuckwit of them all tbh 

So you telling me that this Soros bloke both lives in Fitzroy and eats Veggies?

1 hour ago, cadete said:

I hear he also watches "Girls" and owns a Fixie...

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

One thing he definitely owns is the Clintons.

Also apparently those Glasses he wears sometimes are those clear non prescription one's that Leftard Hipsters used to get at American Apparel circa 2010...  

Edited by cadete