Melbourne Football

The Great Outdoors (Camping/Hunting/Fishing) Thread.

Deviant

I've been wondering for ages now, is it only myself that loves going away Camping/Hunting/Fishing?

I'm an avid Hunter myself. Love going away and spending time in the great outdoors.

I've been away fishing a few times, but I prefer to go off a boat... and camping/hunting above all else.

Nothing compares to going away with a few mates and kicking back around a camp fire and getting away from it all.

Any one else, on this forum, likes this sort of stuff? or am the only one?

logo.png

fishing-victoria-logo.jpg

• Like 2

Camping or Hunting is not really my thing but i LOVE fishing and spent most weekend during my childhood and adolescence either on the bay or heading somewhere else with dad/uncles to wet a line.

Really miss it and would love to own my own boat one day. Nothing quite like sinking tinnies in the sun and hauling in a snapper or a flatty :up:

Have to check if my boat license is still valid. Got my PWC endorsement a few years back too. Any body know if I have to renew that the same as the boat license or will it automatically do it when the boat one?

Edited by Braveheart

Camping or Hunting is not really my thing but i LOVE fishing and spent most weekend during my childhood and adolescence either on the bay or heading somewhere else with dad/uncles to wet a line.

Really miss it and would love to own my own boat one day. Nothing quite like sinking tinnies in the sun and hauling in a snapper or a flatty :up:

Have to check if my boat license is still valid. Got my PWC endorsement a few years back too. Any body know if I have to renew that the same as the boat license or will it automatically do it when the boat one?

Fishing is alright, but still love hunting.

I can handle fishing off a boat, but not off of rocks or pier. It's snapper season now :D

No. Probably do about 10km a day max, depending on the terrain, sometimes you can do more, sometimes less. You are best to look at maps and guides and find travel time rather than distance. 8 hours walking with 20-25kg on your back isnt particularly pleasant when you're either climbing up or down a mountain, but even or undulating terrain is pretty easy.

We'll probably do something like 4-5 hours from the car, setup camp and then do a longer day hikes with just your water and food, where you walk to something then come back for the night.

used to go fishing heaps with my dad as a kid but haven't done it in years

This. I loved going to Lakes Entrance back in the day for school holidays. Tambo river was great. Caught a few Bream etc.

Have kept the rods from being thrown into the dump buy dad so many times now. I will use them again! I swear!

Not a hunter in anyway shape or form but love camping and fishing, mainly for the excuse to get away with some mates, have some beers and talk some utter shit.

Heading up near Echuca on the Australia Day long weekend.

same thing with hunting dude. Get away from everything... There have been times where we haven't even taken out our guns. We just enjoyed the solitude.

Other times I'd get up bright and early, feed the camp fire, get the rifle ready and go out for a couple of hours.

Go Camping each year at Echuca (to wakeboard/waterski), sometimes elsewhere ... Kind of over camping now..

Just bought a boat and started to fish in the bay. Caught some snapper/flathead last week.

I have a jetty in my backyard - my kids sometimes fish for bream off that.

• Like 1

Not a hunter in anyway shape or form but love camping and fishing, mainly for the excuse to get away with some mates, have some beers and talk some utter shit.

Heading up near Echuca on the Australia Day long weekend.

same thing with hunting dude. Get away from everything... There have been times where we haven't even taken out our guns. We just enjoyed the solitude.

Other times I'd get up bright and early, feed the camp fire, get the rifle ready and go out for a couple of hours.

Yeah i wouldn't be adverse to hunting, just never done it.

Cannot wait to get away from it all for a few weekends over summer. I'm very lucky with my missus, she is awesome, but you can never underestimate a few days away with the boys.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the Number One reason

Why Men Prefer Guns over women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun

Love camping and hiking, go about 4 times a year. Have done a 7 day hike in South Island of NZ, 7 days along the Bibbulmun in WA and did the 3 day cape to cape hike in WA...cant find anybody to go with these days but still do lots of half day hikes when we go camping.

I try to fish but Im terrible at it. My mates seem to get more enjoyment from watching me fish rather than their own fishing.

Will be going to Lakes Entrance for the long weekend next week.

Soon. I really need to get around to it.

if you live around williamstown, go too their station for the test, they are lenient and will give you a second go if u fail on the same paper.

I've never failed anything in my life mate, don't see it even entering the realm of possibility, but cheers anyway :up:

• Like 2

Soon. I really need to get around to it.

if you live around williamstown, go too their station for the test, they are lenient and will give you a second go if u fail on the same paper.I've never failed anything in my life mate, don't see it even entering the realm of possibility, but cheers anyway :up: That attitude right there Is why you haven't mate. Best of luck lad ;) Edited by Dont read this
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread. Off on a 10 day kayak camp on friday for uni down to Noorumunga, near Port Albert.

Did Great South West walk last year, can highly recommend.

Also did a paddle from Tocumwal (ripper pub, but thats about all) to Echuca last year, was bloody good fun as well.  

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread. Off on a 10 day kayak camp on friday for uni down to Noorumunga, near Port Albert.

Did Great South West walk last year, can highly recommend.

Also did a paddle from Tocumwal (ripper pub, but thats about all) to Echuca last year, was bloody good fun as well.  

Haydos, I am interested in the GSWW. Did you do a car shuffle? Or how did you get back to the start?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...