Melbourne Football

Mate Dugandzic

kontra.11

Point is he actually presents an option. Reason he draws criticism is he lacks the final ball in critical situations too often. Fans rarely acknowledge the smart link up play because they're infuriated by a chance going begging with the poor final ball. But I'd rather someone who creates and gets in those positions then shitcunts who step over the ball ten times and run straight into their first marker or just stand static on the sideline offering nothing and hiding from the game.

• Like 2

Point is he actually presents an option. Reason he draws criticism is he lacks the final ball in critical situations too often. Fans rarely acknowledge the smart link up play because they're infuriated by a chance going begging with the poor final ball. But I'd rather someone who creates and gets in those positions then shitcunts who step over the ball ten times and run straight into their first marker or just stand static on the sideline offering nothing and hiding from the game.

Meh.

Near enough is not good enough (though it is to get a game for City and always has been for Heart/City).

Just another that needs to go asap.

• 1 month later...

I was always a fan of Mate and actually really thought he'd be back to his best this season. The truth is though he hadn't been and reading between the lines he's not prepared to put the work in. Unless he can finish the season very strongly I'd show him the door.

Career wise he needs a massive kick up the behind and that might just do it for him. The next chance he gets he'll take more seriously.

I stand by this quote.

Mate hasn't been the same since his injury and I suspect it's his poor attitude to training that's at the heart of it.

Perhaps he'll succeed elsewhere, but if he does it will be because he's got an almighty kick up the arse.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That's not the first time he's been called lazy. Is this fact or purely opinion based? 

Have it on pretty good authority that he's a terrible trainer and his diet is atrocious.

Based on what I've been told and the person who told me I'm pretty sure it's closer to fact than opinion

Have it on pretty good authority that he's a terrible trainer and his diet is atrocious.

Based on what I've been told and the person who told me I'm pretty sure it's closer to fact than opinion

I feel sorry for the guy as he clearly lost his confidence and never regained it...

At his best at MV and esp for us in his first half a season almost everything he did went right (besides taking corners) and he was kid looking destined for Middle Tier European football in many people's eyes (Including many a Mong) and then it all went to shit and the worst case and very possible scenario for him right now is ending back up at the Knights.

Edited by cadete

Agree with what you’re saying, but not sure I feel sorry for him tho. Talent only gets you so far, his reported attitude to professional football probably suggests he has reaped what he sowed. Still, could have been anything IMO...

• Like 1

Two new test players

At Friday's training session was also two new faces with Lillestrom SK. Nigeria guy Jude Nworuh is called free play and comes from Denmark AC Horsens. The other is Australian Mate Dugandzic, who last played in Melbourne City.

http://www.rb.no/lsk/sport/torgeir-bjarmann/franskmann-narmer-seg-lsk/s/5-43-111250

Decent move, similar standard to the A-League you'd imagine but being in Europe is a plus especially when it's one of the better teams.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a good enough footballer to get a contract at a mid to bottom table Norwegian team, you'd be mad not to in my opinion. What an awesome life experience, earning ok money and living in Europe for a few years.

have you been to Norway? A good friend of mine lives between Oslo and the far north and really there is more to do in Adelaide than there is in Norway.